• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Speed Therapy For My Woes!

the bottom ducati is a fuggin beast. HUGE pricetag on it too.

Yep, it is.... :love: :love: :love:

The price isn't an issue...rather, it's getting the little wife on my side of the fence of it essentially becoming one of my many other mistresses (in addition boats, cars, cigars, fishing, golf, scotch, rum, etc.). :sign:

Dont forget the Pre-req of already having a 999R in your garage. Have to have one in order to purchase that one.

I don't think it is a prerequisite but priority is given to the previous owners.

That's a sweet ride. Don't think I ever got above 110mph on my Honda Nighthawk...

I don't think it is a prerequisite but priority is given to the previous owners.

I think that's correct too...

Either way, it doesn't really matter too much...having the proper connections/associates is invaluable and facilitates the acquisition process amazingly well. ;)

That's a sweet ride. Don't think I ever got above 110mph on my Honda Nighthawk...

If you're talking about the 1991-2003 CB750, I got mine to 135mph before backing down. It still had a little left to give at that point. I miss that bike.

This is all very interesting. I envy you gentlemen. However, I've reached that point in my life where I no longer have to risk my life to have a good time.

Doc.

Crazy people!

I agree with Bruce, it has to have wings on flying at over 150 MPH. Did I say crazy people?

Crazy people? :sign:

Brian

Just to give an historical perspective. I had a Kawasaki Z1 that I ordered from Hollywood Kawasaki in December 1972 and picked it up in March, maybe one of the first 100 or so sold in California so I was told. After a short time I took it to Yoshimura Racing in Simi Valley to get it punched out to 1040cc, up the compression ratio to 12.5 to 1, new cam, L-pad seat, 6.5 gallon tank, rear sets and clip ons, cafe fairing etc etc.. After I had that for a few months Quaife announced they were going to make a 6 speed racing tranny for it based on what they had learned from their Honda 750 work. It cost slightly more then the bike did to drive it off the showroom floor. After all was said and done I had a 124 dyno'd horsepower "cafe racer" that was almost impossible to drive in traffic but swooped really well for it's day (1974). Then Uncle Sam sent me overseas so I sold it for pretty close to what I had put into it and bought a Vette when I came back :) Haven't owned a bike since.

275 kilometers per hour on a bike...
omg_2.gif

Buried the speedo on my GSX-R 750 in the early 90's at around 170..... sold it to buy my wife an engagment ring. Should have a new bike later this spring, if all goes as planned. ;) The last one I had was a dog and I wish I'd have never spent the money on it. I felt older than I actually was when I bought it. LOL!

Nice Ducs too. I'm pretty sure that next year I'll have one of some sort. Just not sure which model.

yeah, those things are fuggin powerfull as hell. A tank, but damn fast I'm sure. If you need any aftermarket goodies for it, be sure and let me know. I can save you big $$$$

Might want to come over here as well and say hello

www.wristtwisters.com

have fun, be safe...

I already bought Muzzy pipes, carbon fiber look. A 1 tooth smaller front sprocket. A fender hideaway kit, helibar risers and a steering dampner. Dont know if i'll need any more performance with all that but then we are talking about obsessive, compulsive, me.

I'll be safe, I have been riding for many years. Just never anything quite like this so I know to use respect and caution. But a wide open road is a wide open road!! :sign:

Just remember it ain't the rider 97% of the time.But for some odd reason the stupi unaware m'fer's people inside the car wrapped in steel generally win the battle....... :sign:

I want to be like Alan when I grow up! :laugh:

Awesome buy there. I've heard that bike prices seems to go up big time in Socali. Never purchased one for that reason alone. Too much money in gear, insurance, bike.

This is a lot of bike for the $. I don't wear "gear". But 'bout shit when I got it insured! The high ins rates are due to stupid kids crashing doing wheelies and riding canyons in groups at too high of speeds for thier experience level. I've known many and see it all the time. But now I will probably be stereotyped :rolleyes: . That's why I only wear my beanie helmet that I've had for 16 yrs and maybe, but only, black leather. :cool: Now everybody will know that I am just an old fart lookin' for a thrill. :laugh:

I will be drooling and ummm welll whatever, over here in the corner... :blush: :love:

Melly

btw, xRanger needs to see this thread i think!

It's really hard to keep a lit cigar from bending backwards and melting the lens of your sunglasses when wearing a 1/2 shell and traveling over 170mph....just something to think about.