• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Success!

Cigar FF

Reaction score
I've been at this for a number of months now and I am happy to report that I have finally sustained my RH where I would like it to be. I am currently using a 38-cup Lock & Lock box and have 70% beads inside. There are about 40-50 cigars in there, most in the cello and some out of the wrapper. I am going to leave them in there for a week or two so they re-hydrate as they felt a little hard. I have noticed that keeping the temperature steady or at least below 70° is not as simple of a task. The room sees no sun but clearly, there is a fluctuation with temperature in there. I am going to move the cigars to the basement to see if that keeps the temp more stable.

As for the old 100 count desktop humidor, I am re-seasoning again to see if that was the issue. I am going to let it sit for 2-3 weeks minimum. I also picked up a smaller 30-40 count humidor to keep more frequent smokes on display and handy.

I guess the moral of this post is for newbs alike.. patience is KEY! It has been said a million and two times on here (you'll know if you used the search function) and cannot be said enough, don't rush it. I nearly lost my collection, albeit not as hefty of a collection as most but trying to rush the process because I was anxious almost cost me a fair amount of money.

The other thing that is said fairly often is to go big or go home. Don't put off the inevitable, get a coolidor or a tupperdor. Spending good coin on high quality storage when you can be spending it on good smokes make sense and was some of the best advice I've taken from CP. It did not for me at first but now that I see the bigger picture, I'm sorry I didn't get my tuppidor sooner. I've been eye balling a cooler now so I can start buying and storing boxes.

A big thank you again goes out to the awesome members of this special community. This surely gets addicting and you want to be at the top of your game right off the bat but you have to crawl before you walk. Good luck and be patient! Being new to all of this, I hope this serves as a more recent example of what impatience and anxiousness can cause.

Glad to hear everything finally stable with your RH ! There is a lot here that we can take from.

Nice to hear you saved them,.....and learned a lesson-_-:D.
Seriously, glad you didn't loose your sticks, I'd be going crazy.

Well, I'm hoping no damage was done but I am just glad that the RH has been stable. Did I mention patience in my original post?