• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Survey. To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.

Wolfie - I didn't know you play the Didgeridoo!!! I've had / played one for about 5 years now...

OP - If I were in your shoes, I'd smoke and share as many of them as I could... If they were good enough I may save some for very special occasions.... You can believe that there'd be some surprised members here getting nice little packages for sure as well...

Whatcha got to say wolfie ?

Well, I say that I believe I understand where you're coming from. But I've also gotten a feel very quickly over the past couple of months I've been reading and the past month or so I've been active for how many people here feel as well. The collector and the connoisseur are not mutually exclusive but aren't truly synonymous, either.

Case in point, I appreciate a fine razor. In fact, although very much the dilletant, I'm very passionate about them and I can talk your ear off on how to sharpen, hone and strop your blades...I love the quality and craftmanship of an heirloom straight razor...or any blade at all, really. It's utterly beautiful to me. But I would think it was a shame for it to not be loved. If putting it in a case and looking at it every now and then makes somebody happy then...who am I to speak badly of it but, (purely on a personal level, mind you) it *feels* like a waste to me that an artist would hone their skills on something that would never be used. A lifetime spend perfecting a blade that would never cut anything.

No, the greatest respect you could pay would be to smoke them or share them...in my opinion. But then, you've heard all this before. You should do what ultimately would make you happiest. Just understand how different audiences will view it.

BTW, have I shown you my long, thick instrument? It's beautiful to me. Hand finished and it sounds great. I've spent almos 15 years with it and not mastered it, but I'm getting there. I've tried to teach my counterpart how to play, but she doesn't seem to understand that she needs to do more than blow.

dig.jpg

Mate... I think it would be best if you didn't show me your long, thick instrument any time soon. I mean... I don't swing that way for one, and I'm pretty sure that sort of thing counts and indecent exposure anyway.

Oh, and you shouldn't really be too upset that your wife does nothing but blow. Would keep a lot of men happy. You should get her to try it just before dinner. I must admit, not too many blokes would say it 'sounds great', but hey, if you like it that way, more power to you.

Nice didgeridoo though.

Cigars are for Smoking, it is as simple as that.

Cigarstone; So I chastised somebody ? 1) to severely censure 2) to inflict punishment Don't think I've done either. Kind of hard to do on a public forum. My original question had nothing to do with monetary value. It was simple and its took a life of it's own through additional questions including insurance.

The conditions of the survey were established because they mirrored mine.

If you want to know about a family or a group of individuals it would makes sense to ask a question that will get the cerebral cortex firing off the synapses. If you prefer a question like "what ya smokin lately ? I'm not the guy to follow. There is nothing I can say to change your mind and I'm tired of defending myself.

bfreebern; Now that was truly funny. It does bring up another condition. What if the research show's that they were a" make a quick buck Cuban export" that some guy at Cigar Aficionado said taste like your culo. if that is the case I would probably sell them to a collector and take the proceeds and put it towards my grandchildren's education. That way they would know how to use chastise in the correct context

if that is the case I would probably sell them to a collector and take the proceeds and put it towards my grandchildren's education. That way they would know how to use chastise in the correct context

Maybe they can also learn how to form a sentence:
What if the research show's that the were a make a quick buck Cuban export that some guy at Cigar Aficionado said taste like your culo.

Here at CP, please attempt to keep the grammatical errors to a minimum. We pride ourselves on being a literate community.

"The 2 opened boxes and 30 + loose sticks you decide to smoke on appropriate occasions.
But the sealed boxes ?"

Smoke the open ones first and when you're done open up one of the sealed boxes and smoke them and decide whether or not it is worth saving for collection's sake. You have to at least try one of them, but you don't have to smoke them all.

If you like to collect then maybe it is worth saving one of the boxes so you can just show them off and use them for conversation. See if there are any current cigars that have a similar taste/smell and you can offer them up to your friends or family and tell them that this is what they taste like. You can even put the bands on the substitutes just to make them feel special!

I am of the belief as many others here on this post that cigars are meant to be smoked. Nothing wrong with aging smokes, I do that myself, but ultimately they should be smoked. I think your friend purchased them for you becasue he wants you to enjoy them. The only caveat here is whether you are a smoker or a collecter. If you are a collector...I would say go ahead and save those sealed boxes. You have plenty to sample from the singles and open boxes. Who knows, a few months or years from now you might change your mind and want to smoke these unopened boxes, or at least view them. They've been in a box for so long, a few more years can't hurt if you take care of them. Ultimately, they were gifted to you, they are your smokes. Anything you choose to do with them is your business, and no one should fault you for whatever it is you decide.