• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubo

There's a reason for B&Ms keeping their humidor at 70%. I, for example, expect that some of my customers will buy a cigar and they won't smoke it right away. They might take it home, keep it in their pocket for a while, etc... Through personal experience, I found that what I keep my humi at in the house works fine.....just as keeping the store's humi at the high 60s or 70 works fine for the store.

I've heard all sorts of reasons like keeping the cigars moist because customers will pinch the cigars and if they're not soft they don't buy them. Or since the door is opened all the time they don't want the humidor to dry out.

Isy, you seem rather low on the humidity level than most places around here. A few places I shop at keep theirs at 75% to 80%...way too high IMO. The cigars near the humidifier tend to gather mold after they've been there for a month or longer.

There's a reason for B&Ms keeping their humidor at 70%. I, for example, expect that some of my customers will buy a cigar and they won't smoke it right away. They might take it home, keep it in their pocket for a while, etc... Through personal experience, I found that what I keep my humi at in the house works fine.....just as keeping the store's humi at the high 60s or 70 works fine for the store.

I've heard all sorts of reasons like keeping the cigars moist because customers will pinch the cigars and if they're not soft they don't buy them. Or since the door is opened all the time they don't want the humidor to dry out.

Isy, you seem rather low on the humidity level than most places around here. A few places I shop at keep theirs at 75% to 80%...way too high IMO. The cigars near the humidifier tend to gather mold after they've been there for a month or longer.

Yup....75% is way too high.

75% would at least equal mold in the long run or or say hello to tobacco beatles. At least Isy keeps his humi tight, nice selection to boot!