• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubos

If so many people don't care about this release, or anything else that Pete Johnson and Tatuaje does, why do they open up the tread just to shit on it?

I don't care about Fuente crap (who is just as guilty of creating hype for their cigars), or the altadis or general stuff... so I don't read threads about it.

I guess they want to voice their opinions like you did about the Fuente crap.

If so many people don't care about this release, or anything else that Pete Johnson and Tatuaje does, why do they open up the tread just to shit on it?

I don't care about Fuente crap (who is just as guilty of creating hype for their cigars), or the altadis or general stuff... so I don't read threads about it.

This isn't a thread about Fuente, nor do I go into threads about Fuente to take jabs.

We get it, some people think that Tatuaje's stuff is overhyped. Maybe it is, but if it bugs you, avoid it. All someone does by coming in here and making a joke or some lukewarm or negative comment is bump the threads and draw more attention to it.

If we went around telling people to not make negative comments about everything, we wouldn't really have much posting going on here would we :whistling: . If you don't like what people have to say, ignore it! Especially being the new guy and all.

If nothing else, Pete does occasionally read the forum, so having customer feedback up is always a good thing. Further, this is a cigar discussion forum, there's good and bad to every brand, but with one as pervasive as Tatuaje things tend to be taken up a notch.

This isn't a thread about Fuente, nor do I go into threads about Fuente to take jabs.

We get it, some people think that Tatuaje's stuff is overhyped. Maybe it is, but if it bugs you, avoid it. All someone does by coming in here and making a joke or some lukewarm or negative comment is bump the threads and draw more attention to it.

No, but you go into threads about Tatuaje and take jabs at Fuente. People are free to voice their opinions about just about everything here.

If we went around telling people to not make negative comments about everything, we wouldn't really have much posting going on here would we :whistling: . If you don't like what people have to say, ignore it! Especially being the new guy and all.

There isn't much going on on this site anyways. Might as well make what little action there is quality instead of useless junk. Making a joke about blowing pete johnson and then everyone else bumping it with "LOLs" and other snide comments is not constructive and has absolutely nothing to do with the cigar itself.

Is that what you want to show people when they come here wanting to find out about the industry? That and hating one grown people with perfectly valid comments because they haven't been on this website as long as you have? I know, no one on here cares if anyone new ever comes onto this site as long as it stays exactly the same for better or worse.

Who cares that I am a "new guy"? Its not like it is difficult to figure out what goes on in this place.

If Pete reads this thread, what is he going to take off of it? "My brand is too popular,... I should really dial that back..." He'd learn that people hate on his cigar brand and sometimes swear off of them over petty shit, not much he can do about that either.

If someone wants to start a thread about all the tatuaje hype where people can go to bitch, that's fine (I enjoyed the antidote thread), whatever make 100 of them, but don't thread jack other people's threads to take jabs at this brand and more specifically the BOTLs that are still excited about the things that are coming.

No, but you go into threads about Tatuaje and take jabs at Fuente. People are free to voice their opinions about just about everything here.

I don't care if you have those opinions, and I don't care if you make posts or threads about those opinions, but don't come into a thread talking about a new release that people are anticipating and post crap.

I'd be willing to bet that I'd catch crap if I went into a thread about a new rare Opus and expressed my views because it would be unsolicited and inappropriate, but then I'm a noob. A fog can go into thread crap as much as he wants because he's been around.

I don't think it's a good idea to come into a place and start telling people how they should be posting on the board. But hey, maybe that's just my opinion. And yes you are right, there isn't a whole lot going on. People can have their opinion about anything they want, negative or positive. So why don't you sit back from the keyboard for a little while.

Also, I never said anything negative about you. I simply said you need to watch how you approach this, being you just joined here. But you can choose to ignore me and dig yourself a little trench here as well if you want. Doesn't bother me....

Edit to respond to your edit:

Yes you are correct, people who have been here longer tend to be able to get away with more. But you are wrong, people would not tell you to STFU for not liking an opus product. I also don't think Pete would be too shocked to hear people didn't care for his products and marketing tendencies. There will always be people who won't like you or what you do.

How much lead paint is he using on the tubes?
orson%20clapping.gif

I don't think it's a good idea to come into a place and start telling people how they should be posting on the board. But hey, maybe that's just my opinion. And yes you are right, there isn't a whole lot going on. People can have their opinion about anything they want, negative or positive. So why don't you sit back from the keyboard for a little while.

Also, I never said anything negative about you. I simply said you need to watch how you approach this, being you just joined here. But you can choose to ignore me and dig yourself a little trench here as well if you want. Doesn't bother me....

Edit to respond to your edit:

Yes you are correct, people who have been here longer tend to be able to get away with more. But you are wrong, people would not tell you to STFU for not liking an opus product. I also don't think Pete would be too shocked to hear people didn't care for his products and marketing tendencies. There will always be people who won't like you or what you do.

What ever happened to common courtesy?

Can you not fathom how it is not right to interject into a conversation when all you have to contribute is an insult to the other people in the conversation? It is the internet, so there are certainly no real repercussions for being an ass on a board, but couldn't someone refrain just because it is the nice thing to do?

Once again, I couldn't care less about what your opinions are or whether or not you express them, but as easy as it is to create a new thread, why not make a thread for the people that want to talk about how overhyped Tatuaje's releases are now so that people that actually want information about the black tubo release don't have to wade through a bunch of BS to find it?

I also couldn't care less about this imaginary trench I'm digging, all of this "you might want to think about what you are saying" crap is a pointless scare tactic. I always think about what I am saying before I say it, so realize that I am not just talking off the cuff.

I don't think I would be chastised for expressing a negative opinion about fuente in general, but do you really think that I wouldn't catch any crap at all for going into a shining review thread about an opus and saying that opus fans are whores for anything limited that comes out of the fuente factory?

You don't think that I could and probably should just stay away from those threads and NOT comment if I can't care for their products or business model?

I really don't have strong opinions one way or another about Fuente, but they are the epitome of a brand that some people just go gaga for.

Scare tactic? Hardly, but if that's what you wish to take from it then so be it. You don't care to read about other peoples "stupid and pointless" posts, and no one cares to read your stupid and pointless posts regarding other peoples stupid and pointless posts.

Oh well, I guess we should consider doing things around here how you feel it should be.

Anyone know the MSRP of these tubos? Are they going to be similar to the jar release?

Anyone know the MSRP of these tubos? Are they going to be similar to the jar release?

Depends on how many boxes you have to purchase to get the rights to purchase a tubo. :laugh:

In other words I don't know.

Must be something in the water today.

Personally, I'm stoked about the Black tubos. I've only had one black thus far and it was damn good. I'd say it would stack against Padron 1926's. I love Tatuaje stuff, hell I'm a Tat whore no doubt, but I'd say that I buy into the hype as much as I buy into the hype for Opus or Anejos. To me, limited releases are a good thing, as it increases interest in a brand (any brand not just Tat obviously) which is good for the industry as a whole. I'd say I was less than happy with the way the Drac release has been thus far, but I still want a box simply because I haven't met a Tat product I haven't liked yet. If Avo released a new LR, I'd be all over it too because I love Avo's. To me, if it helps stir interest in the industry that is a good thing. Pete hasn't kicked my dog or anything so until I see something that blatantly rubs me the wrong way I won't stop buying his product. The guy is in a business to make money and good cigars, I can't fault him for that. You show me a manufacturer that doesn't play favorites, I'll eat crow. The cigar industry is no different than any other in the end, the community is what is different. Everyone has their opinions and favorites, and we are all allowed to voice said opinions. I'm a Tat whore, but I don't think anyone was draping on your thread. No one is saying, "Screw Pete that guy can kiss my ass his cigars are garbage yadda yadda yadda.", they may be making jokes, but you'll see the same thing about any brand here. Different stokes for different folks.

Tom, I dunno if he had the Tubes made in China, so who knows on the lead content. :laugh:

Actually, there are multiple instances where people didn't like something about a cigar and posted it and no one got all out of sorts about it.

Link
Link
Link
Link

There are for sure countless other instances. So while some may call it shitting all over a thread, others might call it giving a different perspective.