• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac and Boris

I'll be interested to see how mine smoke once they've sat outside the box for a while.

Well being local to one of the larger inventory receiving B&M's is turning out to be a bust. Regency in RI has not only sold every box they've received before their event this coming Saturday (I really had high hopes of grabbing a couple of boxes so that I'd have one available for somebody who wasn't so lucky), but the owner is limiting other customers to 1 stick each of the Drac and Boris. I'm back to thinking the guy's a tool again...
banghead.gif

That is sort of a dismissive response considering the problems people are encountering.

If they are fine after they air out then I'm not sure what the big deal is. Yes, people's cigars smell a bit *right now* if the smell doesn't go away, we'll see what he does.

Yes, it would be nice for them to be perfectly smokeable right out of the box, but its certainly not a big deal. People would've thrown fits if they didn't come out on time because of the boxes.

A bit? Mine quite honestly reek, the scent is VERY strong. Not to mention, I'm not altogether sure I want to smoke something that's been sitting in freshly applied varnish for who knows how long.

A bit? Mine quite honestly reek, the scent is VERY strong. Not to mention, I'm not altogether sure I want to smoke something that's been sitting in freshly applied varnish for who knows how long.

You're WAY overreacting, Joe. Everyone knows varnish and paint fumes aren't harmful.

That is sort of a dismissive response considering the problems people are encountering.

If they are fine after they air out then I'm not sure what the big deal is. Yes, people's cigars smell a bit *right now* if the smell doesn't go away, we'll see what he does.

Yes, it would be nice for them to be perfectly smokeable right out of the box, but its certainly not a big deal. People would've thrown fits if they didn't come out on time because of the boxes.

Except his response was dismissive, like I said. In other words he dismissed the notion that it was a problem, thus the reason for me choosing the word "dismissive" and not "shitty" or 'dubious". Your second point I can't wrap my mind around and it really isn't your call to say whether it is a big deal or not. If I just spent 13 a stick for a bunch of cigars and couldn't smoke them because they tasted like paint I would be irate, not to mention having to find something to isolate them in to prevent contaminating other sticks. This is like releasing a new car line where the AC pumps in exhaust and saying "fuck it, we will see what happens with time".

Meh, get pissed off or realize that this kind of stuff DOES happen all the time. Its only a big deal because you would choose to freak out about it. What is he supposed to do about it? Make more sticks tonight and get them out tomorrow? There's nothing he can do about it, but tell you that the smell should go away and apologize... which he did.

I choose to not get pissed off about things like this, especially if they are perfectly smokeable in a few days. If you don't take them out of the paper and close them up in the box, they won't smell.

Besides, they don't "taste like paint" the feet smell a bit like in most cases. They taste fine, if a bit young, which again, is a result of the strict schedule.

The box that my boris comes in isn't completely dried either so I took them out of the box before I put them in my humidor. Not ideal... but not a big deal.

You can choose to get pissed off or "irate" about things, or you can let it slide and be a happy person.

While this kind of stuff MAY happen, when it does the retailers reaction is key. Pete's reaction is definitely dismissive, how this plays out in the next few weeks will be the most telling.

If you have a box and the smell won't go away, talk to the retailer where you bought it. They will talk to the reps and figure out some solution.

There really isn't much else he can say... what would you have liked him to say?

Meh, get pissed off or realize that this kind of stuff DOES happen all the time. Its only a big deal because you would choose to freak out about it. What is he supposed to do about it? Make more sticks tonight and get them out tomorrow? There's nothing he can do about it, but tell you that the smell should go away and apologize... which he did.

I choose to not get pissed off about things like this, especially if they are perfectly smokeable in a few days. If you don't take them out of the paper and close them up in the box, they won't smell.

Besides, they don't "taste like paint" the feet smell a bit like in most cases. They taste fine, if a bit young, which again, is a result of the strict schedule.

The box that my boris comes in isn't completely dried either so I took them out of the box before I put them in my humidor. Not ideal... but not a big deal.

You can choose to get pissed off or "irate" about things, or you can let it slide and be a happy person.

The box of boris was still tacky, like semi-dried varnish?

I agree. My box really had the smell. The sticks maybe a slight amount around the foot. I smoked one and hell ya it was young. It did not taste like paint and I did pick up some good flavors. Burn and draw were spot on. I got mine in another box with the lid open to air out. I got the Drac box open and will wait a couple of weeks to see if the smell goes away. It is possible I will not store them at all in the Drac box unless the smell is totally gone. I am still very happy I was able to pick up a box.

The box of boris was still tacky, like semi-dried varnish?

Nah, just not dried to the point that it no longer smells.

He said the same thing at the event tonight. A few people around me even smoked some of the Drac and Boris that had a slight smell to the foot and said they tasted great. I'm gonna let the box and the cigars air out and give them about a month in the humi before trying them. I'm not really upset but if they taste bad after a month I will not be happy.

There was also a lot of talk and suggestions about how to handle next year's release. He knows this release was a big mess and it sounds like he wants to make it better next time around for the customers. Hopefully they can work out something better.

Yeah, its still a relatively young cigar company... and a very young concept.

Third time's the charm, but he's never going to make everyone happy.

I smoked a Drac earlier, and I have to say, it really was a very good smoke. It has a nice sweetness that other Tats do not have. Excellent construction and very flavorful. Can't tell you all the flavors since we were playing cribbage, but I definitely noted the sweetness in the cigar. Four of us smoked the Drac and all agreed that that it was excellent.

I smoked a Drac earlier, and I have to say, it really was a very good smoke. It has a nice sweetness that other Tats do not have. Excellent construction and very flavorful. Can't tell you all the flavors since we were playing cribbage, but I definitely noted the sweetness in the cigar. Four of us smoked the Drac and all agreed that that it was excellent.
Jealous...enough said!

I had a chance today to try a Drac when I visited a local B&M on Long Island with a buddy of mine. The owner had 1 Drac and 2 Boris' left. I asked him how much 1 of each would be, and his response was: "after tax... $51.00 for the pair". :0

I just turned around and walked right out!