• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanks for nothing D.C. City Council

Absolutely ridiculous. So, if I'm reading this correctly, this idiot thinks that all people buy individual cigars because they use them to roll "blunts." So, therefore, we must outlaw individual cigars? My great uncle has smoked the Phillie "blunt" type cigars for longer than I have been alive and he's never even smelled marijuana smoke. Also, what about cigarette rolling papers such as JOB or Zigzag? Are they going to outlaw those? On second thought, let's not tempt them. This is simply stupid. It won't pass. It's just some politician trying to get his/her name in the headlines and it's working, hopefully to the detriment of their career. Outlawing perfectly legal products because they may be used for illegal purposes is a path these politicians like to take at times, but the courts have reliably ruled this crap unconstitutional. It's a pretty slippery slope after all.

I wonder if this is the real reason behind the "flavored" cigarette ban. Does that legislation outlaw those flavored "blunt wraps" they used to sell at gas stations? If so, it makes a lot more sense now.

You know, that's damn near infuriating enough for me to take off a day from work to go to the hearing. WTF kind of logic is that? Is there really some putz on the council that thinks banning cigars would actually have an effect on how much marijuana is being consumed? Please. And Zig Zags? Hah! How bout all the lovely establishments in DC where you can walk in and buy the bong of your dreams?

Absurd.

How bout all the lovely establishments in DC where you can walk in and buy the bong of your dreams?

They're water pipes designed for tobacco consumtion ;)

But seriously, this bill is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand what they're getting at but I feel that its completely the wrong avenue for accomplishing their goal (which, if I understand this correctly, is marijuana consumption). I also feel that the bill is too vaguely written (kind of a recurring theme with these types of things)–it lumps everything that could be construed as a "cigar" together. If my schedule permits, I fully intend on attending the hearing.

How many of our government officials, that reside in D.C., are cigar smokers? I know this law is on the city level, but I would think those in power in that city might be willing to lean on this proposal a little to get it stopped.

To make the bill even more ridiculous, if you are anywhere inside DC city limits, you are no more than a 20 minute drive from either Maryland or Virginia - where you can buy all the singles you want. What do they really think they're going to accomplish?

Why don't we outlaw any electronic communication device... I think that'll stop people from buying drugs.

ROFLMAO, Congress gets the best Cubans!
Who needs NC singles? Only the little people,
who employ them.

Dump Congress 2010, 2012, 2014!!!!!
Clean House, and Senate.

Chemyst :cool:

Better outlaw Reynolds foil too as it can be fashioned with a pencil into a disposable pipe or even a soda can if you smash a dent into it. Just thinking out loud :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I'm across the ocean but ya never know when another politician says "hey, that's a good idea!" Dumas!