• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

That one good cigar.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
Has anyone ever had that one cigar they wanted to smoke so bad.. but once they smoked it they wouldn't be able to find it again? lol just a thought.. ;)

For me a Tat Frank! I got my hands on a couple but had to spend big money on them. I sent one one to a great member here I smoked one this last Halloween and I got two left. To me they are not worth the money I spent. But at least I got to try them and have one left to smoke. The final one is going to go into a project I'm brainstorming.

The Tat "The Face" was a pretty darn good smoke. Though, I don't lay awake at night pining for another..... :p

Yup, it's happened to me twice. Both very rare and impossible to find. I smoked them and didn't think anymore about it. Can you imagine if I had of got run over by a bus before I smoked them? My fuggin' wife probably would have thrown them away or given them to some yahoo who would have no idea what he had.

Doc.

Pre-Sandanista Joya de Nicaragua. I actually found some boxes about 30 years ago. They were fantastic cigars. Probably the best cigars I have ever smoked. I can't remember one dud in the whole group; every one delicious, and all smoked beautifully. I have not seen one since.

I bought a box of OR Camacho Scorpions from a very, VERY good online BOTL. He'd smoked two, gave me a ridiculously lowered price because it "wasn't a full box," then filled that space with a pair of Davidoff perfectos rolled especially for the "Jeffrey Stone 30th Anniversary" . . . I believe that's some sort of high end cigar store up by Dallas, if memory serves.

Let 'em sit a LONG time, but after I broke down and smoked the first one, the second wasn't long for this world! :laugh:

They were . . . like . . . smoking money. :love:

~Boar

I bought a box of OR Camacho Scorpions from a very, VERY good online BOTL. He'd smoked two, gave me a ridiculously lowered price because it "wasn't a full box," then filled that space with a pair of Davidoff perfectos rolled especially for the "Jeffrey Stone 30th Anniversary" . . . I believe that's some sort of high end cigar store up by Dallas, if memory serves.

Let 'em sit a LONG time, but after I broke down and smoked the first one, the second wasn't long for this world! :laugh:

They were . . . like . . . smoking money. :love:

~Boar
lol. Thats what smoking is.. :rolleyes:

Yup, it's happened to me twice. Both very rare and impossible to find. I smoked them and didn't think anymore about it. Can you imagine if I had of got run over by a bus before I smoked them? My fuggin' wife probably would have thrown them away or given them to some yahoo who would have no idea what he had.

Doc.

What were they, Doc?

Myself, I have had some cigars I will never have again, but I smoked them as I purchased them. No regrets. I have extremely fond memories of them all. All ISOMs, all while on vacation in Europe.

I bought 2 30 year old Dunhills and shared one with a buddy of mine. We were disappointed to say the least, so half way through we ditched them and enjoyed a WOAM and a Anejo Shark.

I bought 2 30 year old Dunhills and shared one with a buddy of mine. We were disappointed to say the least, so half way through we ditched them and enjoyed a WOAM and a Anejo Shark.
Did they taste stale? I have heard of gentlemen smoking vintage pre-embargo Cubans. It baffles me that guys can wait that long to smoke a cigar!!

Did they taste stale? I have heard of gentlemen smoking vintage pre-embargo Cubans. It baffles me that guys can wait that long to smoke a cigar!!

Not stale, just lacked any flavor at all. It could have been from several reasons, but mostly was probably due to the way the guy stored them or just were past a smokable time for those. They were a mojita size, just can't remember which ones they were.

Not stale, just lacked any flavor at all. It could have been from several reasons, but mostly was probably due to the way the guy stored them or just were past a smokable time for those. They were a mojita size, just can't remember which ones they were.
Yeah, that might be the reason. =/

For me a Tat Frank! I got my hands on a couple but had to spend big money on them. I sent one one to a great member here I smoked one this last Halloween and I got two left. To me they are not worth the money I spent. But at least I got to try them and have one left to smoke. The final one is going to go into a project I'm brainstorming.
Tat Frank is probably the best one I've ever had. However, I would also include the OR Cabaiguan's, OR Noella's. Since they came out, i feel their flavor has changed somewhat.

And this is why I HATE these limited releases. Some of my faves were the LG Small Batch 2 and the Tat Regio Reserva. Gone forever...

I still dream of the El Triunfador Broadleaf (black label) lancero. Sometimes I wonder if it really existed or of it was all a dream...

Pre-Sandanista Joya de Nicaragua. I actually found some boxes about 30 years ago. They were fantastic cigars. Probably the best cigars I have ever smoked. I can't remember one dud in the whole group; every one delicious, and all smoked beautifully. I have not seen one since.

Looks like this cigars essence was created from smoking your beloved cigar. You might want to look into these.
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2010/rank/7