• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 2007 Summer Cigar Draft

tkoepp

Lil' RASScal
Many people have the itch to start a summer pass; and we all know what type of havoc that can cause on our valuable smokes.. So I sent a PM to our Professor and asked if minded if I borrowed some material... of course he didn't mind...

WELCOME TO THE 2007 SUMMER CIGAR DRAFT

If you weren't around for the last one, please follow the links and read. It was a total blast. Thanks again Wilkey and CgarDan.

Initial
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=395135

alpha
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=395597

bravo
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=395604

Cigar Draft 2007 Rules and Guidelines

1. Players post 5 cigars for review by the other participants.
--- Post your PUT sticks in this thread.
--- Players please respond with DISAPPROVAL only. This will keep the chatter down and the thread shorter and easier to navigate.
--- These cigars should be $5-$10 give or take a little.
--- Any origin is fine, please no dog rockets, flavored, or yard-gars.
--- The "PREGAME" Deadline for approval of cigars is WED JUNE 27 2007.

2. Players will also submit one MYSTERY cigar.
--- Do not identify this cigar to pass participants.
--- I will see it when I receive your 6 total cigars, but tell me which one is the mystery cigar and I will put it in the "special box" for the Mystery picks. --- When someone draws a cigar from the special box as one of their picks, I will select it at random.
--- There is no restriction on value or origin of the Mystery stick.

3. The pick order is "serpentine".
--- i.e. 1234432112344321...
--- for six sticks, this is fair for all participants regardless of your player number.

4. All cigars are to be sent to tkoepp.
--- I will PM my shipping address to all players.
--- To cover return shipping PLEASE include; a prepaid Click-n-Ship label addressed from me to you. (This is the preferred method) OR Cash, MO. If you want to send a check PM me ahead of time.
--- If you can spare a Boveda or Fuente humipack, I'd greatly appreciate it.
--- The "READY" Deadline for me to receive all the cigars is Wed JULY 11 2007.

5. The Draft.
--- The Draft Picks start at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Thur July 12 2007.
--- The Draft is over when all the cigars have been picked.

6. Making your picks.
--- Please make your picks in a timely fashion. If a few hours have passed and you have not made your pick, I reserve the right to move that particular pick slot of yours to the end of the line. This does not apply to the overnight.

7. Cigars list.
--- The Draft Administrator will post the cigar list here.
--- He will also update periodically although not necessarily after each pick.
--- You are responsible for knowing the two or three folks who come before you.

8. Let's Make a Deal.
--- Two randomly selected pick slots will be designated "LMD" opportunities.
--- If your pick falls on one of the LMD slots, after you pick, you will be offered a chance to trade your cigar for a predetermined Surprise Cigar from my personal collection. Could be good, could be great. Won't be a rocket or a yard-gar.

9. What if I think I may not be online to make my pick in a timely manner?
In the case that you think you may not be able to be online around the time you anticipate your pick occurring, here is what you should do.
--- Post in the Draft Thread that you may not be online.
--- Choose picks in order of priority from most to least wanted.
--- PM this list of cigars to 1) the Draft Administrator AND 2) the player who comes after you. Whichever of these two individuals is online first will make your picks according to your priority list.

Please indicate that you want to be involved in the draft with a reply below. I will then create a list of participants, If the demand is overwhelming (as it was last year) the list will be split into 2 separate drafts. Phil (Insight) will run the second part of the draft. The draft will be open to all, but if you have never traded/bought/sold then please refrain.

This was a TOO much fun last year guys, and I am sure it will be again.

List of participants (not in order)

Numero Uno
1. Young Smoke
2. TYFNS
3. Mark Twain
4. Bilder
5. Casasoho
6. Brickhouse
7. beaucredo
8. Satchmo
9. Smellysell
10. Ndp
11. Boogs34
12. Cira

Numero Dos
13. Jonesy
14. Keystone_Raider
15. Opus MeX
16. mmburtch
17. wanlail
18. Putz Mulligan
19. jfields
20. Ginseng
21. Gator
22. Rob300c
23. Vin#
24. TheOrangeMan

Count me in!

Will be camping during part of the draft, but will give proxy picks to you and the guy in line in front of me.

This was a lot of fun last time.

I was in the first one, so if that excludes me from joining, totally cool. Otherwise, I'd love to be in this puppy.

OK So far all you guys are in.. The deadline to post your 5 puts is next Wednesday. The 6th stick is a mystery stick so do not post it but either mark the baggie or put a note in the box to tell me what it is.

It's been long enough since the trouble I got in on the last one :whistling: . If you get a second one rolling, count me in.