• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 2007 Summer Cigar Draft

Sounds like fun Tim. I'd love to play. :thumbs:

Hey Tim,

Any reason why you chose to start the draft on a Friday rather than mid-week like the last one? Just curious, because as it drags on, there's a good chance a lot of folks may not be around on a Friday night.

A draft is a good time. You guys are in for a treat! Best of luck to all the participants.

Wilkey

Jonesy,

I've had my crack at a draft. Interest looks good so I'm stepping back to let some other members join in the fun. I thought about it, for sure. :D

If Tim needs one more to make the second draft fly, I'd sign up.

Wilkey

Hey Tim,

Any reason why you chose to start the draft on a Friday rather than mid-week like the last one? Just curious, because as it drags on, there's a good chance a lot of folks may not be around on a Friday night.

Wyatt, The main reason is that if I had it during the week, and someone would choose a mystery stick, I wouldn't be able to tell them what it is until that night, as I wouldn't have access to it until I got home from work. That is a good point though and I may reconsider it..

If Tim needs one more to make the second draft fly, I'd sign up.

Wilkey

Wilkey, I would like you to join in, It would be an honor.

Cool. Sign me up then! :D

I think brick raises a good point about Friday. However, it shouldn't be a stopper as we let the draft take at least part of the evening off and it picked right up the next morning. I'd say if folks are going to play, they ought to commit to at least being available and checking in on a timely basis. It's not life or death, but if someone's going to be away for the weekend, they should propose at least three rounds of picks to be executed in their absence or opt out.

Wilkey

Ohhhhhhh baby. I'm gettin' excited! This is really filling up. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I think brick raises a good point about Friday. However, it shouldn't be a stopper as we let the draft take at least part of the evening off and it picked right up the next morning. I'd say if folks are going to play, they ought to commit to at least being available and checking in on a timely basis. It's not life or death, but if someone's going to be away for the weekend, they should propose at least three rounds of picks to be executed in their absence or opt out.

Wilkey

I am reconsidering Wyatt's and Wilkey comments about having the draft on a Fri night, I will see what the census is then decide, if we do, we will move the deadline to Wed and the Draft on Thur

Wilkey

I am reconsidering Wyatt's and Wilkey comments about having the draft on a Fri night, I will see what the census is then decide, if we do, we will move the deadline to Wed and the Draft on Thur

A draft on Thursday would work better for me.

I like the Friday 5PM start. I anticipate the draft moving much smoother this time around with our learnings from the inaugural draft.

I like the Friday 5PM start. I anticipate the draft moving much smoother this time around with our learnings from the inaugural draft.

Yes. I think it went surprisingly smooth the first time and starting on Friday evening is definitely the way to go.

Sounds like fun; throw me in at the #23 spot! Looks like that means we just need one more person to join for the second group. :thumbs:

Well actually, I think that would make vin #23 and I would take the last spot at #24. That is, if my math is correct.

Gator's in my draft, there go all the Fuentes. I heard frank was considering renaming the twins Carlos and Carlito :laugh:

OK Guys this has moved to the next thread, Insight will be posting his soon.