• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

MonkeyK said:
SFG75 said:
Thanks for the compliment MonkeyK.  I'm not certain what the takes were that smoker's made, but perhaps someone else can read it and figure it out. ??? Head up gtphale!!.  Speaking of, you will receive two boxes gtp.  One is the pass, the other is our split on Italias. :cool: Bring a friend with ya to carry the heavy load!. :D
[snapback]169840[/snapback]​

From his post it looks like his takes were:
pam,gurkha, and the avo

gtphale, could you make sure the pass log indicates smokers only's takes?

thank,
Mike
[snapback]170061[/snapback]​
will do

BrownDevil said:
Just got word from Scott, and the eagle is once again on its way!

Pass info:

Pass was shipped today via USPS

D/C# is 0303 1290 0000 5322 7357

I insured the pass for $300.00 The number for that is:
VF 333 745 124 US

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Robert for Scott :cool:
[snapback]169729[/snapback]​

USPS said:
Current Status

You entered 0303 1290 0000 5322 7357

Your item arrived at 4:41 am on March 05, 2005 in AURORA, IL 60505. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later
:0 :cool:

Want to talk about quick??? I got the box today.

GGeise and guinessguy plan on getting this box and doing puts and takes tommorrow.

ok smokers puts and takes

takes
25 pam torpedo
27 avo domaine #60
29 gurkha class regent toro

and his puts
34 romeo y julita no 3 (isom)
35 Montecristo no 4 (isom)
36 camacho corojo figurado
37 la gloria series r maduro no 7
38 cao petite camaroon tin
39 cao petite maduro tin

I'll get mine together tonight

Ok my puts and takes

takes
Qdo corona (isom)
Montecristo no.4 thanks smokers was really wanting to try one of these (isom)
El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
Macanudo Hyde park maduro

Grabbed the last two always wanted to try but just never was pushed to buy them.Well see how they turn out.

And now for my takes
lol

Ok puts
43) Magnum 46 (isom)..... Smoked one of these and thought it was the worst cigar ever. I would of rather of smoked my wifes CAO Moonstruck. Draw was terrible,tasted like skunk and smelled like ass. :angry2:

Do you buy that one?????? :whistling:

Ok its a great cigar it does everything for me,but I did a box split and have a few here and some extra's to share. And I really wanted to try some other cubans... :love:

4) Cohiba robusto 03 (isom)...... Nice little smoke was enjoyable but after smoking a few of them I have grown a little tired of them. So figured pass one off for someone else to enjoy.

45) Cao Brazilia Samba ..... Picked these up from a pass after I bought a box of brazilia gols. I fell in love with the gols and feel that they are the perfect size for me with the taste of this cigar.I get about halfway through the Samba and I don't want it anymore. So off it goes to somebody that will appreciate it more then I do.

46) Ashton Churchill..... Nice smoke but just not enough flavor for me after I smoke it.I find myself just wanting to light right back up. This is a great cigar for those that like a milder cigar.

Well if these puts and takes look good i'll box it all up and bring it to the herf for the other two guys to dig through.

Steve

Also included a RP sungrown in a host bag for you to try. I have found this to be an exceptional smoke for 4 bucks

Oh marker dissappeared so threw another one in there. Don't worry about sending back tome I have plenty.

Nice play gtphale :thumbs: And thanks for adding a marker.

I'll bet at least one of your puts becomes a take at your herf! :D

Pass Inventory (count=32):
1) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
3) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
4) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
18) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
23) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
28) CAO Black Storm -robusto
30) Diamond Crown #7 Torpedo Maduro
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
34) RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36) Comacho Corojo Figurado
37) La Gloria Cubana Serie R no.7 Maduro
38) CAO tin, petite cameroon
39) CAO tin, petite maduro
40) Partagas Short (5-03 ISOM)
41) Savinelli Specialty Select Torpedo
42) La Vieja Habana Red Velvet, Early Years
43) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
44) Cohiba Robusto ('03 ISOM)
45) CAO Brazilia Samba
46) Ashton Churchill

Pass order:
guinnessguy, ggiese will be herfing next
christ0pher
knifeman
BrownDevil
melski

MonkeyK said:
[snapback]170165[/snapback]​

Oh, u betcha!!!! ;)

This was a great pass - because there were some great smokes to choose from, and I was with a great bunch of guys herfing it up while doing the pass!!!

Ok - WE and I mean GTPHale and I, struggled a little bit towards the end with some of the puts/takes. Steve traded for a couple while we were at the herf talking about the pass (Mainly because we were introduced to a very nice smoke at the herf - The Gran Habano) We thought we'd like to share with others...

Okay - my understanding of the pass is for us to put in what we heard was a great smoke, and we didn't like it... And - also, put in some smokes that either didn't get great reviews or mediocre reviews and thought was a great smoke... With that in mind, here are my puts / takes and the reasons for the same:

TAKES:

4) Oliva Master Blend Robusto - Again, another smoke I heard was very nice, but haven't had the opportunity to try. Actually, many of the people at the herf gave this a thumbs up - so now I GOTTA try it...

30) DC Maduro Pyramid #7 - I really like these smokes in the natural wrappers. Haven't tried the Maduro yet and heard it was a great smoke.

40) The Partagas short (ISOM). Again, I hear rave reviews about this cigar, and have not had the opportunity to try it. We'll just see what all the hype is about!

42) La Vieja Habana Red Velvet. I like the La Vieja Habana's. For the price, I think they are a great smoke! I've been wanting to try some of the other blends, having only tried the Platinums to this point.

44) Cohiba Robusto. Another one I rarely get to try, expecially the newer boxes. I've had mixed emotions about ISOM Cohiba's. They seem to be all ove rthe map. I was encouraged to try this again. I fired this one up at the Herf. What a NICE smoke it was!!!

46) Ashton Churchill. I have had very little exposure to Ashton's - having tried them and they were so-so. I'm told the bigger cigars are nicer - this was kinda funny in that it had a smaller ring gauge with a Churchill length. I had to try this one to see if it was any better than previous Ashton's. Everyone raves about the VSG's, but the true Ashton smokers rave about the natural wrappers. We'll see!!!

PUTS:

47) Oliva Maduro Churchill (Blue Label). Everyone raves about this smoke - it must be too strong for me. I really did not like the finish on this. It was a nice smoke, just not for me!!!

48) Gurkha Grand Master Immenso (Dos Capas). Gurkha is one of my go-to cigars. I had to get these because they are so cool looking (AlexGTP and GTPHale call these my trademark cigars). I really like the way these smokes, although they were hyped as a much stronger cigar than I thought they were. I really liked it, but it was a little bit less intense than the Masters Select. Certainly, others will like this for its looks - but also, they will like the way it smokes (if you like a more medium bodied smoke).

49) Guantanamera Cristales (ISOM). Some really like these, others discount these. For an ISOM, they are an ok smoke - but then again, these cigars will make you wonder what all the hype is about ISOM's. I've seen people asking about these on the boards and I wanted to put them in so someone else could try it. I make take some flaming for putting this cigar in because some view this as a lower end ISOM - but it is an ISOM nonetheless. Gentlemen - turn your flamethrowers on!!!

50) Torano Signature Robusto. This is one of those cigars I couldn't wait to try, because I heard so many great things about it and because I do like Torano cigars. While at the Herf, others mentioned what a great smoke it was. It just didn't do anything for me. It was an OK smoke, in my opinion, but definitely not worth the hype to me. This was a shame for me.

51) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM). I heard great things about this smoke - so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was hugely disappointed because, to me, it was a nice smoke, but definitely not the best H. Upmann I've had. I got razzed at the Herf over my thoughts on this. I've got a couple more in my humi I'm putting age on before I try this again.

52) Gurhka Pre-Embargo Cuban Churchill. These are a nice cigar, but not for the money I paid for it. I was very disappointed with the price - it's a nice smoke, just way over hyped (again, to me, it makes one wonder what the big deal about ISOM's is).

53) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo. This is a cigar that I had not heard about until the herf. It is a VERY nice cigar. It's a great spicy cigar with a Criollo 98 wrapper - medium to full bodied. I LOVE the Criollo wrapper.

GTPHALE's additional PUTS/TAKES:

TAKES:

3) Oliva Master Blend Robusto. This is another one everyone was screaming about at the Herf. We'll just see what all the hype is about!!!

17) K. Hanostia Symphony. I told Steve about this cigar - this is a great smoke!!! (I'm a Gurhka Whore!!!) Another Torano factory winner!!!

PUTS:

54) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo. The same cigar I put above. This is supposed to be a good one!!!

55) Gran Habano #5 Churchill. This one has the Corojo wrapper. I love the Corojo wrappers - it has a great aroma and complex flavor. In the medium to full bodied range.

Steve, please check the numbering of the puts/takes on the sheets and in the box and post any corrections - for some reason, my numbers are off on what I wrote down. I don't know why it doesn't jibe on this end.

Monkey - #7 - the Oliva Bold Ovation is in bad shape. the wrapper is unraveling and there is a big split at the foot. I really wanted to try this one, but I gotta pass... :(

GTP Hale will be getting this thing off tomorrow. Sorry we missed GuinessGuy - you missed a great time!!!! There were about 15 of us there!!!

Thanks for letting me in on this pass - it was fun!!! Monkey, one of the guys at the herf was passing out stickers. I threw one in the host bag you can put on your traveling humi I think you'll enjoy!!!

I'll check the numbers and see if they are correct. Thanks for putting my additional puts and takes down for me George.

Moneyk wanted to check with you first if its ok for me to drop into a smaller box to cut down shipping for others in the pass. If your wanting to keep in this box thats fine and i'll ship as is.

Sounds like a great herf guys. :cool: And nice job with the puts/takes :thumbs:
Are you planning to send it on to guinnessguy?

ggiese, I've heard comparisons of the Mag 46 to the Sir Winston. I haven't smoked any Mag 46, but I have had a few Sir Winstons (from '01) If there is any reality to the comparison, these will taste great with age.

gtphale, If you have a smaller box, as long as you feel the contents are adequetely protected, that would be great.

Also if the Oliva Bold Ovation is unravelling, lets get rid of it. No sense keeping around a stick that nobody will want.

Pass Inventory (count=33):
1) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
23) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
28) CAO Black Storm -robusto
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
34) RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36) Comacho Corojo Figurado
37) La Gloria Cubana Serie R no.7 Maduro
38) CAO tin, petite cameroon
39) CAO tin, petite maduro
41) Savinelli Specialty Select Torpedo
43) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
45) CAO Brazilia Samba
47) Oliva Maduro Churchill
48) Gurkha Grand Master Dos Capas Immenso
49) Guantanamera Cristales (ISOM)
50) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
51) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo
52) Gurkha Pre-Embargo Churchill
53) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo
54) Gran Habano #5 Churchill
55) Torano Signature Robusto

Pass order:
guinnessguy - next up
christ0pher
knifeman
BrownDevil
melski

yup i'll send to guinnessguy tommorrow. The magum's are an exceptional smoke and there are two in there so maybe one will make it back to you.

Sometimes it does suck to be the host. lol Yea i'll have a box that will be suitable.

I have a Magnum 46. Just waiting for it to be as old as the Sir Winstons I've smoked (3 years on an '03 should make next year the year). So if anyone is curious about these, I say to go for it! (not that I wouldn't mind more based on what I've heard)

I'm really digging the pass now, so it's good to be host. Even if I'm a blind host :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks again to everyone who has played so far.

REALLY sorry I missed the Herf - I've been down since Friday with a killer cold - I can hardly <cough, cough, hack wheeze> breathe, much less puff!

Once I get the box, I'll make it a quick turn-around......

ggiese said:
MonkeyK said:
[snapback]170165[/snapback]​

Oh, u betcha!!!! ;)

This was a great pass - because there were some great smokes to choose from, and I was with a great bunch of guys herfing it up while doing the pass!!!

Ok - WE and I mean GTPHale and I, struggled a little bit towards the end with some of the puts/takes. Steve traded for a couple while we were at the herf talking about the pass (Mainly because we were introduced to a very nice smoke at the herf - The Gran Habano) We thought we'd like to share with others...

Okay - my understanding of the pass is for us to put in what we heard was a great smoke, and we didn't like it... And - also, put in some smokes that either didn't get great reviews or mediocre reviews and thought was a great smoke... With that in mind, here are my puts / takes and the reasons for the same:

TAKES:

4) Oliva Master Blend Robusto - Again, another smoke I heard was very nice, but haven't had the opportunity to try. Actually, many of the people at the herf gave this a thumbs up - so now I GOTTA try it...

30) DC Maduro Pyramid #7 - I really like these smokes in the natural wrappers. Haven't tried the Maduro yet and heard it was a great smoke.

40) The Partagas short (ISOM). Again, I hear rave reviews about this cigar, and have not had the opportunity to try it. We'll just see what all the hype is about!

42) La Vieja Habana Red Velvet. I like the La Vieja Habana's. For the price, I think they are a great smoke! I've been wanting to try some of the other blends, having only tried the Platinums to this point.

44) Cohiba Robusto. Another one I rarely get to try, expecially the newer boxes. I've had mixed emotions about ISOM Cohiba's. They seem to be all ove rthe map. I was encouraged to try this again. I fired this one up at the Herf. What a NICE smoke it was!!!

46) Ashton Churchill. I have had very little exposure to Ashton's - having tried them and they were so-so. I'm told the bigger cigars are nicer - this was kinda funny in that it had a smaller ring gauge with a Churchill length. I had to try this one to see if it was any better than previous Ashton's. Everyone raves about the VSG's, but the true Ashton smokers rave about the natural wrappers. We'll see!!!

PUTS:

47) Oliva Maduro Churchill (Blue Label). Everyone raves about this smoke - it must be too strong for me. I really did not like the finish on this. It was a nice smoke, just not for me!!!

48) Gurkha Grand Master Immenso (Dos Capas). Gurkha is one of my go-to cigars. I had to get these because they are so cool looking (AlexGTP and GTPHale call these my trademark cigars). I really like the way these smokes, although they were hyped as a much stronger cigar than I thought they were. I really liked it, but it was a little bit less intense than the Masters Select. Certainly, others will like this for its looks - but also, they will like the way it smokes (if you like a more medium bodied smoke).

49) Guantanamera Cristales (ISOM). Some really like these, others discount these. For an ISOM, they are an ok smoke - but then again, these cigars will make you wonder what all the hype is about ISOM's. I've seen people asking about these on the boards and I wanted to put them in so someone else could try it. I make take some flaming for putting this cigar in because some view this as a lower end ISOM - but it is an ISOM nonetheless. Gentlemen - turn your flamethrowers on!!!

50) Torano Signature Robusto. This is one of those cigars I couldn't wait to try, because I heard so many great things about it and because I do like Torano cigars. While at the Herf, others mentioned what a great smoke it was. It just didn't do anything for me. It was an OK smoke, in my opinion, but definitely not worth the hype to me. This was a shame for me.

51) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM). I heard great things about this smoke - so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was hugely disappointed because, to me, it was a nice smoke, but definitely not the best H. Upmann I've had. I got razzed at the Herf over my thoughts on this. I've got a couple more in my humi I'm putting age on before I try this again.

52) Gurhka Pre-Embargo Cuban Churchill. These are a nice cigar, but not for the money I paid for it. I was very disappointed with the price - it's a nice smoke, just way over hyped (again, to me, it makes one wonder what the big deal about ISOM's is).

53) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo. This is a cigar that I had not heard about until the herf. It is a VERY nice cigar. It's a great spicy cigar with a Criollo 98 wrapper - medium to full bodied. I LOVE the Criollo wrapper.

54) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo. The same cigar I put above. This is supposed to be a good one!!!

55) Gran Habano #5 Churchill. This one has the Corojo wrapper. I love the Corojo wrappers - it has a great aroma and complex flavor. In the medium to full bodied range.

Steve, please check the numbering of the puts/takes on the sheets and in the box and post any corrections - for some reason, my numbers are off on what I wrote down. I don't know why it doesn't jibe on this end.

Ok went through George's numbers and here are the real ones. :whistling:

50 is the hupmann Magnum 46 isom
51 is Gran Habano #3 torpedo
52 is Gurhka pre embargo churchill
53 Gran Habano #3 torpedo
54 Gran habano Corojo #5 churchill
55 Carlos Torano Signiture Series Robusto

And its off i'll post the DC when I get back in

Back