• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

Way better then I had imagined. That is so awesome Kevin.
Thanks for sharing and you have my favorite humidor ever. :)

Thanks, I am surprised at how it came out. For once the picture in my mind almost matched reality :sign: :cool:

I'm putting beads in tonight or tomorrow morning and we'll see how long it takes to level out!

That was really a unique project to do and post about, and it has turned out great. Congrats on such a cool humi.

Very cool man, now let's get that sucker filled up!!! :D

Very nice work. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Thanks everyone, this thing turned out way better than I thought it would. I put the beads in today and 3 hygrometer/temp. I then used distilled water and split the pound of beads into two containers. I have a bunch of shots glasses in a box that I will further split the beads into and put on each shelf at a later time. I put some of the distilled water into a spray bottle and have sprayed down the shelves twice. It's made a big difference and since the shelves are 1/4" I haven't had any issues with splitting wood. So far so good but I'm giving it at minimum a week probably two.

If you go with lighting get something LED, will be very cost effective and would look great. Try HERE for some lights that run about $5 and you can stick those in and just push the lens to turn them on. Or you could get some LED lighting tubes thats flexible and you can run around the inside of the whole thing.

Very nice project, it came out really good looking.

Wow I am back from vacation and I am very happy to see you got this done! wow it turned out great I am sad to see you did not paint it purple to match the carpet! ???

ohh but man I found the prefect LED light set up for ya
Rope Light

That is just amazing. It has class and its very practical. Great job!!! :thumbs:

Wow!! That thing turned out amazing to say the least! You definitely have a talent there! It looks professionally done. Just like the others have stated I can't wait to see that thing filled.

Awesome my friend. I know that it will stand the test of time. :thumbs:

I AM Envious.

Very nice and unique! Love to see it again when you get some cigars in there.

- Rick

You know if we all applied ourselves, we could fill that puppy up for him in no time.

I think I will issue a challenge. Some of our Brothers were a little exhuberent in my recent Bourbon blind trade so I think I will pay it forward. So the challenge is, if you recently got bombed or ended up with the sweet end of a trade, send a little love to the new humidor. His addy's in his profile.

I am going to make a new thread in the lobby and link to this one.

With that humidor, it's always time to smoke! :thumbs:

All of you, thanks for the heads up on the LED's. I looked at a couple and am still trying to figure out what I like best.
Ryan, good to see you back. I thought about going with purple heart wood for effect but the smell just wasn't there ;)
The clock is an awesome looking piece that means a lot to me for various reasons, the people I bought it from were worried it wouldn't be taken care of. I wish they appreciated cigars or I would have to show them. This will no doubt last for many years and yes I will be trying to figure out how to make the clock work. Right now it's set for December 25th, at 9pm with a bit of full moon showing. I usually get to smoke about 9pm on nights that I can and if it's always Christmas then how great is that!
Steamboat, that is an awesome gesture that I definately don't deserve and would take a very long time to "giveback" the love. I was able to scrape this togther for just under $150 by hawking some stuff on craigslist and listening to the wife go on about me always messing with that stupid clock.
You all here inspired me to do this and my pics just don't show how cool it looks in my basement!

All of you, thanks for the heads up on the LED's. I looked at a couple and am still trying to figure out what I like best.
Ryan, good to see you back. I thought about going with purple heart wood for effect but the smell just wasn't there ;)
The clock is an awesome looking piece that means a lot to me for various reasons, the people I bought it from were worried it wouldn't be taken care of. I wish they appreciated cigars or I would have to show them. This will no doubt last for many years and yes I will be trying to figure out how to make the clock work. Right now it's set for December 25th, at 9pm with a bit of full moon showing. I usually get to smoke about 9pm on nights that I can and if it's always Christmas then how great is that!
Steamboat, that is an awesome gesture that I definately don't deserve and would take a very long time to "giveback" the love. I was able to scrape this togther for just under $150 by hawking some stuff on craigslist and listening to the wife go on about me always messing with that stupid clock.
You all here inspired me to do this and my pics just don't show how cool it looks in my basement!

Give it forward, not back.