• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Elephant in the Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlos Marxos

Banned
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit nervous, here, coz I've made a rather abrupt entrance for most of you here in the CigarPass community. While I've been asked several times to make an introductory thread, I've waited until now to use it as an opportunity to help bury the thread which did the dirty deed, place myself on a better footing and get to know you all here a little better.

Let's start with the basics; maybe proving I'm human will make things a little easier! Wish I could give you all a blood sample, but that would be not only impractical, but more than a little off, don'tcha think? Seriously though, my name is Seth, I'm twenty years old, I live in Santa Rosa, California, and my recently rekindled interest in cigars has brought me here.

I'm an avid thinker, philosopher, political activist, music-enthusiast/musician, record collector (and I do mean vinyl!), personal librarian, and prolific in all ways artistic. Though particularly exceptional in music, I have proven myself to be brilliant in other ways. I play the guitar (my first instrument), bagpipes, accordion, piano, percussion, penny whistle, mandolin, the list goes on. I guarantee, if you put an instrument in my hands and I'm familiar with its ergonomics and logistics, I will produce sounds which are pleasing to the ear.

I am madly in love with a very beautiful half Guatemalan, half Scotch-English Québécoise mademoiselle from Montréal who is precisely one year, one month and three days younger than I, and we are engaged to wed on May the 2nd, 2009. For this reason, I have estimated the number of guests who will partake in cigars and procured three dress boxes of Bolívar Gold Medals for the occasion. Two to share with my guests at the reception, and one to save for special occasions in the future, to cut the seals and be opened no less than five years time from the wedding date for two reasons: first, to help save them from myself and encourage their preservation for truly spectacular occasions, and second, to allow them to spend good time resting in the humidor at least until such time as they've attained some truly magnificent age. I'm hoping that as they mature and mellow, their flavors will not only remind me with silent lucidity of the day that our hearts became one, but of the days that we've spent together, and how our love has grown and matured with the very same time that the cigars have spent in kind.

Call me full of it, call me a hopeless romantic, but I feel very strongly about this. Nothing has invigorated me more so than she, and I want her to continue to do so always by my side. It's just too bad she doesn't feel as I do about cigars. :p She's actually going to limit my cigar intake, as she's kind of a health nut, but one cigar a year is just outrageous! Don't get me wrong, here, I love cigars, but I agree that they should be enjoyed in limited moderation. However, I think that I will figure out a way to let my jollies out and have a little vice more often than the wife is aware of. :whistling:

On the subject of my love affair with cigars, I'll be honest; I haven't had many, but I've been developing my "sense of palate" slowly but surely, and I've acquired some truly magnificent ones as of late. In my humidor right now (in order of longest to shortest), I have:

Cohíba Espléndidos (Churchills);

Bolívar Gold Medals (Lonsdales; as previously stated);

some Jose L. Piedra Cremas (Coronas; I got them for free with my order of Gold Medals, and I don't think highly of them);

a Montecristo Tubo (Grande Corona);

a Quintero Nacionale (please don't judge me, I know how poorly they're thought of!);

a Juan Lopez Selección No. 2 (a beautiful Robusto; I'm very excited about this one!);

and a wee Cohiba Siglo I (Perla; very beautifully constructed, also very intriguing).

I don't mean to sound snobbish or small-minded, but the only genuinely remarkable cigars that I've had -- and for sure the only ones that have left a pleasant aftertaste in my mouth -- have been Habanos. Not to say that I refuse to smoke other puros, or that I don't think that they could step up to the plate, just that I haven't found one yet. I'm sure that there are plenty of other fantastic puros; it would be ridiculously chauvinistic to assert that one nation produces the best cigar there is, although I suppose that it is plausible to assert that a region's climate allows the plant to thrive in a superior way, and produce better, more consistent results. But Cuba and the Dominican Republic are in such relatively close proximity, with such a diverse array of blends, strengths, sizes and shapes, the question of which nation produces better cigars is simply one with no appropriate answer. Furthermore, both have been known to produce a truly undesirable cigar, so it's quite apparent that the production methods and choices made in creating a blend have much more to do with the end product than the climate alone.

Well, I think I've said enough for now, and hopefully I've presented myself in a more "palatable" way this time around. I would like to thank the community for being overall very friendly, forgiving, patient, tolerant, and hospitable.

Sinceramente,
El Profesor Karlos Marxos PhD

Karlos Marxos,

I noticed you just posted that you're 20 years old. When you registered, you agreed to the terms and conditions. How did you miss the 24 pt bold red letters that read "YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER TO JOIN"...?

You also failed to read the new member guide, or should I say, you ignored the new member guide.

When you grow up and become an adult, come back. For now, you're banned.

Yes but he stated he was 20, I guess no one else caught that!

Thank you Rod! I really could not stand to read another word from this guy.

I'm an avid thinker, philosopher, political activist, music-enthusiast/musician, record collector (and I do mean vinyl!), personal librarian, and prolific in all ways artistic. Though particularly exceptional in music, I have proven myself to be brilliant in other ways. I play the guitar (my first instrument), bagpipes, accordion, piano, percussion, penny whistle, mandolin, the list goes on. I guarantee, if you put an instrument in my hands and I'm familiar with its ergonomics and logistics, I will produce sounds which are pleasing to the ear.

I wish I was even fractionally as impressed by you as you are impressed by yourself.

from here:

First of all, I'm an American Citizen. It's not a matter of a stay in this country. I am this country. And don't talk down to me about freedom. I may know more about freedom than you can conceive of. I'm not hurting anybody; I'm not being antagonistic in the slightest, all that I've done is ask uninterrogatively open questions. You, on the other hand, are making presumptions about myself and my view points simply because I self-identify with communism. Even with that much information, you couldn't even know how I feel about communism without knowing my understanding and interpretation of the word communism, let alone how I feel about the typical understanding and interpretation which seems to be present here. The same goes for the term freedom.

Freedom in this country is more and more becoming less of a reality, an ideal, and more of a rhetorical device. What little freedom we have left isn't provided or defended by bureaucrats and windbags; it's the product of the hard work of people like me. When you talk to a person like you are to me right now, you're not only taking freedom for granted, you're stepping on the very notion of freedom; you're using your civil liberties to antagonize and intimidate me: i.e., you're infringing upon my liberty. And when you use your freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others, you only serve to bankrupt the concept of liberty. I have just as much of a right to be here as you do, and I will continue to be a member of this community if I so choose to accept and honor the responsibilities that come with it. I've been as respectful as possible in my conduct here on CigarPass, but know that when disrespected, I may not show much in return.

Just another 20 year old corn fed retard who thinks he knows everything. ;)

from here:

First of all, I'm an American Citizen. It's not a matter of a stay in this country. I am this country. And don't talk down to me about freedom. I may know more about freedom than you can conceive of. I'm not hurting anybody; I'm not being antagonistic in the slightest, all that I've done is ask uninterrogatively open questions. You, on the other hand, are making presumptions about myself and my view points simply because I self-identify with communism. Even with that much information, you couldn't even know how I feel about communism without knowing my understanding and interpretation of the word communism, let alone how I feel about the typical understanding and interpretation which seems to be present here. The same goes for the term freedom.

Freedom in this country is more and more becoming less of a reality, an ideal, and more of a rhetorical device. What little freedom we have left isn't provided or defended by bureaucrats and windbags; it's the product of the hard work of people like me. When you talk to a person like you are to me right now, you're not only taking freedom for granted, you're stepping on the very notion of freedom; you're using your civil liberties to antagonize and intimidate me: i.e., you're infringing upon my liberty. And when you use your freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others, you only serve to bankrupt the concept of liberty. I have just as much of a right to be here as you do, and I will continue to be a member of this community if I so choose to accept and honor the responsibilities that come with it. I've been as respectful as possible in my conduct here on CigarPass, but know that when disrespected, I may not show much in return.

Just another 20 year old corn fed retard who thinks he knows everything. ;)

College in CA can do that to a young impressionable mind. I'm not knocking anyone with college degrees and I do believe a degree is important to have....but I couldn't stand college. Especially after having first served in the military. Major culture shock.

I realize this may not be a popular position in this circumstance, but I like to listen, read, or learn about others. That includes friends of mine, gentlemen at the B&M, those from other countries, and in this case, people that have different views than myself in politics and religion. I'm not saying they sway me to change my opinion, quite the contrary, rather, they usually reinforce my stand for my beliefs. But how can I grow if I am sheltered. I was actually considering pm'ing him to ask why he feels the way he does. I often enjoy a cigar with a friend at a local bar that has many brews to choose from. While smoking and drinking with this friend, we discuss the topics listed above. We normally don't agree, but I enjoy the time nonetheless.

My 2 cents,

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.