• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Empire Strikes Back...the pass

Good deal. Now, if this thing gets to me tomorrow, it will probably be best for me to hang onto it until Tuesday and put the contents in my cabinet. I'm on nightshift tomorrow night, mail usually doesn't get here until after 3 pm, I leave for work @4:45 ish, will get home at 6 am and then sleep most of the day and do it again. Monday is a holiday or I'd make sure I could get up and ship it out Sat. morning, but it would be best not to sit around in a warehouse from Sat through Tuesday. This way I can take the proper time to do a good inventory without trying to rush through it in an hour and get it right back out. Even if I could quick turn it tomorrow, it still sits somewhere Sunday and Monday before it goes the rest of the way Tuesday. Now that I've thoroughly confused the hell out of everyone that just read this, Brian, you want me to sit on this until Tuesday morning? :laugh: .

Yes, if you have the time, please confirm inventory and let the sticks sit with you until Tuesday. No rush at this point.

Thanks,
Brian

Good deal. Now, if this thing gets to me tomorrow, it will probably be best for me to hang onto it until Tuesday and put the contents in my cabinet. I'm on nightshift tomorrow night, mail usually doesn't get here until after 3 pm, I leave for work @4:45 ish, will get home at 6 am and then sleep most of the day and do it again. Monday is a holiday or I'd make sure I could get up and ship it out Sat. morning, but it would be best not to sit around in a warehouse from Sat through Tuesday. This way I can take the proper time to do a good inventory without trying to rush through it in an hour and get it right back out. Even if I could quick turn it tomorrow, it still sits somewhere Sunday and Monday before it goes the rest of the way Tuesday. Now that I've thoroughly confused the hell out of everyone that just read this, Brian, you want me to sit on this until Tuesday morning? :laugh: .

Yes, if you have the time, please confirm inventory and let the sticks sit with you until Tuesday. No rush at this point.

Thanks,
Brian
Box arrived at Casa de Jonesy this afternoon. I'll get into the sticks and do a complete inventory over the next few days after I get up from my nightshift sleep. Pass will be out the door first thing Tuesday morning so, HenrysCigars, you gonna be ready?

Yup ready and waiting. Will try and get puts and takes up this weekend.
Have a great holiday everybody!!!

Sorry guys.. Been mad busy moving! I will post P/T's by tomorrow.
Thanks for understanding guys. :)

OK guys, as I've had to work 36 hours over the past 3 days until this morning, I haven't had a chance to go through the pass until tonight. As I said the pass would be ready to go out tomorrow morning, there's no way it will because at this point, it's an absolute cluster f#ck! I'm doing my best to figure this out, but this is my third time through it and things aren't even close to what they're supposed to be. There are cigars missing, cigars that are off of the main list that are here, there's one that needs to be shitcanned it's damaged so badly, 2 others that might not make it the duration because the feet are starting to flake, and the numbers on the baggies are completely screwed up compared to the main list. Let me go through this thing one more time and then I'll post the corrections I make, plus the things that need to be addressed.

Brian

OK guys, as I've had to work 36 hours over the past 3 days until this morning, I haven't had a chance to go through the pass until tonight. As I said the pass would be ready to go out tomorrow morning, there's no way it will because at this point, it's an absolute cluster f#ck! I'm doing my best to figure this out, but this is my third time through it and things aren't even close to what they're supposed to be. There are cigars missing, cigars that are off of the main list that are here, there's one that needs to be shitcanned it's damaged so badly, 2 others that might not make it the duration because the feet are starting to flake, and the numbers on the baggies are completely screwed up compared to the main list. Let me go through this thing one more time and then I'll post the corrections I make, plus the things that need to be addressed.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for making sure the pass is better than it arrived :thumbs:, but I am sorry you have to deal with a cluster F#$*.

Jim

I stated there were two that were flaking, but that includes the damaged cigar. OK, here is what's going on and the changes I've made and once Brian gives his ok, I'll ship it on to Henry.

11 - Illusione ~4/2g~ (P: Bully1875, T: )
This cigar is not in the pass. I've looked through the thread and the notebook and it's not been mentioned as being taken.

21 - LFD L400 Cabinet Ligero (P: Bully1875, T:)
This cigar is badly damaged. The foot is flaking and there's a one inch split in the foot. I don't have one of these so I'm replacing it with #83) Bolivar Gold Medal LSM JUL08

46 - Casa Fuente Belicoso (P: markmarksman, T: )
This is not a belicoso, but a Double Robusto

48- Hoyo de Monterrey Particulares Edicion Limitada 2000 (P: Stepthirteen, T: CigarMan Andy)
This cigar is still in the pass.

50- Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 (P: Stepthirteen, T: )
This cigar was taken by CigarManAndy, but is numbered in the book as #48

54 - Tatuaje Grand Cojonu (P:lherzolite T:jlada)
This cigar IS in the pass after being replaced by lherzolite. It was #'ed 68 creating the confusion for me with the main list with the las 10 or so cigars. I changed it on the bag back to # 54

56 - Partagas 160 Robusto Major (P:lherzolite T:)
This one is flaking around the foot. Definitely smokable and shouldn't lose value but needs to be watched for further damage down the pass

69 - Tatuaje Havana VI Zona del Este (P: The Green Monkey, T: )
72 - Padron 1964 A (P: The Green Monkey, T: )
73 - RyJ Museum Edition (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
74 - Hemingway Between the Lines (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
75 - Hemingway Classic Mauro (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
76 - Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006 (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
77 - C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
The numbering on these cigars in the tupperdor now reflect these #'s from the main list.

I stated there were two that were flaking, but that includes the damaged cigar. OK, here is what's going on and the changes I've made and once Brian gives his ok, I'll ship it on to Henry.

11 - Illusione ~4/2g~ (P: Bully1875, T: )
This cigar is not in the pass. I've looked through the thread and the notebook and it's not been mentioned as being taken.

21 - LFD L400 Cabinet Ligero (P: Bully1875, T:)
This cigar is badly damaged. The foot is flaking and there's a one inch split in the foot. I don't have one of these so I'm replacing it with #83) Bolivar Gold Medal LSM JUL08

46 - Casa Fuente Belicoso (P: markmarksman, T: )
This is not a belicoso, but a Double Robusto

48- Hoyo de Monterrey Particulares Edicion Limitada 2000 (P: Stepthirteen, T: CigarMan Andy)
This cigar is still in the pass.

50- Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Edicion Limitada 2007 (P: Stepthirteen, T: )
This cigar was taken by CigarManAndy, but is numbered in the book as #48

54 - Tatuaje Grand Cojonu (P:lherzolite T:jlada)
This cigar IS in the pass after being replaced by lherzolite. It was #'ed 68 creating the confusion for me with the main list with the las 10 or so cigars. I changed it on the bag back to # 54

56 - Partagas 160 Robusto Major (P:lherzolite T:)
This one is flaking around the foot. Definitely smokable and shouldn't lose value but needs to be watched for further damage down the pass

69 - Tatuaje Havana VI Zona del Este (P: The Green Monkey, T: )
72 - Padron 1964 A (P: The Green Monkey, T: )
73 - RyJ Museum Edition (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
74 - Hemingway Between the Lines (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
75 - Hemingway Classic Mauro (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
76 - Cohiba PIRAMIDES Edicion Limitada 2006 (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
77 - C.A.O. Soprano Tony Signature (P: CigarMan Andy, T: )
The numbering on these cigars in the tupperdor now reflect these #'s from the main list.

Wow, this is a surprise to me.. Im not sure how it got this far without anyone taking notice. Well, thanks Brian for doing the leg work here. I will have everything updated in a bit..

I numbered the Gran Cojonu as #68 so that there was no confusion with the damaged #54--particularly since #54 (reasonably so, in my opinion) was already listed as having been taken by Jlada before I received the pass.

Right now, there is no mention of the replacement anywhere in the main list, but it should be on the hard copy accompanying the pass.

Just letting everyone know that my internet was out _ALL MORNING_. I had my puts/takes done, the list updated, everything all packed up, and my internet was out from about 5 AM until the time I had to go to work at 3 PM. Thus, I could not confirm that The Green Monkey was ready for the pass, nor could I use Click n' Ship.

Thus, my puts are as follows:

7 - Anejo Shark ------------------------------> 62) Cabaiguan Guapo Maduro
18 - GoF Carlito Double Robusto -------> 63) Casa Fuente Pyramid #2
40 - Opus X El Escorpion -----------------> 64) DAGA Sun Grown
55 - Tatuaje Frank ---------------------------> 65) Padilla 32 Oscuro LE Torpedo
34 - Ashton VSG Wizard (damaged) -> 66) Padilla 1932 Robusto
54 - Tatuaje Gran Cojonu (damaged) -> 67) Tatuaje El Triunfador

Goes out tomorrow! I hope my internet is back on when I get home :( .

Edit: Box is fine, humidity is holding really well at about 68%, and packing materials are more than adequate at this point.

Here is where the damaged Gran Cojonu was taken... And a replacement was put in as #68.. We are going to treat this as an extra put, Brian, can you please renumber this as # 84.

Also, Brian, what is # 50 in the book... The main page should now be correct. Please let me know if something else needs to be changed... Thanks a lot for getting this done.

Just letting everyone know that my internet was out _ALL MORNING_. I had my puts/takes done, the list updated, everything all packed up, and my internet was out from about 5 AM until the time I had to go to work at 3 PM. Thus, I could not confirm that The Green Monkey was ready for the pass, nor could I use Click n' Ship.

55 - Tatuaje Frank ---------------------------> 65) Padilla 32 Oscuro LE Torpedo

Edit: Box is fine, humidity is holding really well at about 68%, and packing materials are more than adequate at this point.

Here is where the damaged Gran Cojonu was taken... And a replacement was put in as #68.. We are going to treat this as an extra put, Brian, can you please renumber this as # 84.

Also, Brian, what is # 50 in the book... The main page should now be correct. Please let me know if something else needs to be changed... Thanks a lot for getting this done.

I thought it was a replacement...I forgot that Jeff took the damaged one. Alright, I've changed the Gran Cojonu to #84. # 50 in the book is the Regalos. I think Andy just made a mistake when writing his takes down so I'll change that also. If you're good with it at this point Brian, I'll go ahead and ship it on it's way to Henry. I just think you need to stress to the rest of the guys the importance of doing a thorough inventory and making sure what's in the tupperdor matches what in the hardcopy AND the main list.

Brian

I thought it was a replacement...I forgot that Jeff took the damaged one. Alright, I've changed the Gran Cojonu to #84. # 50 in the book is the Regalos. I think Andy just made a mistake when writing his takes down so I'll change that also. If you're good with it at this point Brian, I'll go ahead and ship it on it's way to Henry. I just think you need to stress to the rest of the guys the importance of doing a thorough inventory and making sure what's in the tupperdor matches what in the hardcopy AND the main list.

Brian

Brian... Ship away.. Thanks again for the inventory and please let this be an example to all of us as to how crucial a thorough inventory is to the pass.. Im glad one of my sticks (at some what low MSRP) got lost in translation here and not a rare stick... But please remember I have sent out invitations to most of you for my last two passes based on your proven integrity and knowledge of cigars and throughout CP so this is something I am hoping that moving forward will be a given in all passes (not just mine). I will chalk this one up to a learning curve and hope that we are all on the same page moving forward.

Thanks,
Brian

It's now on it's way to Henryscigars. Brian, thanks for having me along in your pass Sir!

DC# 0308 3390 0000 8014 2089

Pass and stick list's have been updated. I hope everyone is taking cards :)

Raffle to be held at the herf..

Well, the pass is on the east coast and the goal is to have the pass picked up at Isy's during the herf.. I would really like everyone left here to help make this possible as much as they can.. I really do not mean to rush.. But I would really like to see this time out just right.. Thanks for help..

I have had to deal with a pass messed up in a simular matter once before and it is a pain in the butt yet no one should take it as a slam that it might have gotten by them. We look for the ones we want and number our puts compared to the list as we see it at the time. Still not a slam on anyone that they find it out of wack when it gets to them. Just glad it is fixed and back on the road again as this is very important for Brian to up and running. Thanks for catching all of this Brian and getting it back out there running strong

Well, the pass is on the east coast and the goal is to have the pass picked up at Isy's during the herf.. I would really like everyone left here to help make this possible as much as they can.. I really do not mean to rush.. But I would really like to see this time out just right.. Thanks for help..
12 - HenrysCigar - Incoming
13- Spivy - On Deck
14- Ironpeddler
15- fivebyfifty
16 - Uptown_isy

...in 18 days. Shouldn't be a problem Brian if we all do a 24hour turn-a-round....allowing 3 days between each remaining member.

Let's kick it up a notch guys :thumbs:

I can most likely get it out the same day. I will just bring the sticks with me to the office.

Thanks a lot guy's, it isn't easy planning the timing of when the box should arrive with an event on the same day.. Too many if's... Thanks