• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The everlasting gobstopper pass

Current Status

You entered 0103 8555 7493 8332 4288

Your item arrived at 6:39 am on December 29, 2004 in SANDY, UT 84070. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Got the box this afternoon, no sign of the pass materials, though.

Tentative P&T's:

Took:
130. La Aurora 100 Anos robusto

Puts:
135. Ashton VSG Belicoso #1
136: RyJ EL 2003 (looks like a lonsdale)

If this sounds OK, LMK, and I'll get it out tomorrow, unless I should hold it until the pass materials get here. They are on their way, right? :)

psyktek said:
Got the box this afternoon, no sign of the pass materials, though.

Tentative P&T's:

Took:
130. La Aurora 100 Anos robusto

Puts:
135. Ashton VSG Belicoso #1
136: RyJ EL 2003 (looks like a lonsdale)

If this sounds OK, LMK, and I'll get it out tomorrow, unless I should hold it until the pass materials get here. They are on their way, right? :)
[snapback]153068[/snapback]​

works for meeeeeeee :D

Just PM'd Jason. He won't be able to get the pass materials out until Monday. (He's in one place, they're in another, you know how that goes.)
Suggested he send them on to TexasAggie, and I'll get this on the way to Marc today. Should have it by Saturday or Monday at the latest.

DC# 01038555749374702187

I added a sharpie to the supply bag, too. :)

Warning: Irritated Dixie Alert

I am not up on my reading and apologize if this has already come up. This is a serious question:

Has Barney ALWAYS been the FIRST one scheduled to take the extras out of the pass?

I am not sure I ever fully understood the order - whether the order started with Gregor or worked backwards from Moki - but I NEVER thought Barney was the first.

That makes zero sense to me - THE PASS ORIGINATOR IS ALWAYS LAST! As I see it, that is as applicable for a one-round pass as an 80-round pass.

In my crystal ball I forsee the pass and/or Barney falling by the wayside. Even if this goes 10 rounds before sputtering, Barney will still have very likely profited. That is fine if the 9 other passers end up profiting because they are participating in good faith - but Barney designed the pass to include his being first (though I'm not convinced it has always been that way).

Barney, you might say that you know it will last the entire duration, therefore being equal for everyone. If this is the case, why not put yourself last as is customary here at CP?

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
Warning: Irritated Dixie Alert

I am not up on my reading and apologize if this has already come up. This is a serious question:

Has Barney ALWAYS been the FIRST one scheduled to take the extras out of the pass?

I am not sure I ever fully understood the order - whether the order started with Gregor or worked backwards from Moki - but I NEVER thought Barney was the first.

That makes zero sense to me - THE PASS ORIGINATOR IS ALWAYS LAST! As I see it, that is as applicable for a one-round pass as an 80-round pass.

In my crystal ball I forsee the pass and/or Barney falling by the wayside. Even if this goes 10 rounds before sputtering, Barney will still have very likely profited. That is fine if the 9 other passers end up profiting because they are participating in good faith - but Barney designed the pass to include his being first (though I'm not convinced it has always been that way).

Barney, you might say that you know it will last the entire duration, therefore being equal for everyone. If this is the case, why not put yourself last as is customary here at CP?

Cheers,
Dixie
[snapback]153792[/snapback]​

Hehehehehe Well who the heck didn't notice all that long ago....???? I know I did.

Does anyone remember when I posted this about a month ago??
QUOTE (servebig @ Sep 19 2004, 11:50 PM)
hey folks just a reminder here...i put 25 great cigars in there and it looks as if when this thing makes it back around and goes out again i will get..ummmmmmmm about 25 cigars. so for those of you that appreciate my initial efforts, remember this ok? biggrin.gif wink.gif

barney

You know.......... I think this may just be my most favorite post of this whole pass......... Don't get me wrong, this pass is just full of good ones, but I think this one here may be the best. thumbs-up.gif

I've been having trouble figuring out just why anyone is even in this one, but thats just me. ;)

Ya know Gibu & GB (GB = dixie to those of you who are scratching your heads), now that you mention it, this whole thing smacks of a scam. When Barney first proposed this, I thought it sounded like a great idea and after all, I thought very highly of Barney at the time, we had exchanged a few PM's about English cars (a topic near and dear to my heart) and I though Barney was a pretty nice guy. Well little did I know that he had stiffed me in his wine giveaway in April (I had forgotten all about it until just two days ago), and he proposed crazy lopsided P/T's in my Election 2004 pass. When board members questioned his P/T's he had a meltdown and started a war with cohibasurfer (His "Who's a bigger a$$hole Poll"), not good Barney :(

I should have known enough to get out of his pass at that point but no, I figure I'll give this poor guy another chance. I wonder if him having me send the 13 pound pass to MISSISSIPPI was truly an "honest" mistake or really just another one of his calculated moves to start trouble. Kinda makes ya wonder......

Barney is certainlly showing his true colors here and it's most unfortunate that we have yet another scammer among our membership, a sad discovery indeed......

wow...go away for a few days and boom...maybe i should have gone last. this was intended to be just like any other pass, with the one exception that it would keep continuing on. as far as me "scamming" everyone, i got back 7 more cigars then i put in. if you read the original post it was clear that i was going to be first. if anyone had a problem, that was the time to voice your opinion.

the only reason this pass wouldn't continue on in perpetuity is that someone might come in here and stir the $hit...the pass is where its at, we cant really go back. i think everyone is having fun with it, but certainly if there are others that share dixie's feelings you aren't bound to stay in. that being said, i hope we will all stay and have fun. i know i'll stay in to update it, and i expect to be the "host" many more times...i also know that there's a waiting list.

bill...let it go dude, k?

barney

hey barney, whats up with all these cigars showing up at my door all the time? you never said anything about cigars, did you? i never would have signed up if i knew there were going to be cigars involved. i hate cigars. why didnt you tell us that this was a cigar pass. i feel used, offended and lied to. your such a bastard.......

jeez people....this pass is not that hard to understand. first the "one stick per day late" controversy, now barney shouldnt be the first benificiary stuff? both of these items were very clearly spelled out on the VERY FIRST POST! im not saying we have to like these rules.....oh wait, i forgot. yes we do...we all signed up for it.

cat, you know i got nothing but love for ya, but i got to defend barney on this one.

I can appreciate folks commenting on what they perceive as inequity in this pass, but I have to echo Marc on this: we all read (OK, I won't generalize) I read the rules of the pass from the beginning, and was fine with the structure. I'm assuming (always a risky business, I know), that everyone else read and understood the setup.

I guess what I'm REALLY having trouble with is the concern of the pass critics ( and there seema to be more and more of them with each pass) feeling that the members of the pass don't have the intelligence to get off a hot stove! Sometimes it's phrased nicely, other times it has the snideness, sarcasm and sneering superiority that you see in gibu's post.

I propose that when someone sees something out of line with a pass, they take the trouble to pm the person involved, pass host or otherwise, and check out whether anyone else is getting bothered.

gibu and dixie, I don't have any personal issues with either of you, but what you've posted is damned insulting, and I find myself getting angrier as I type this.

I've been on this board for a couple of years now, and I can't EVER recall this level of condescension and suspicion before. What the F**K is happening to this place???

first the "one stick per day late" controversy, now barney shouldnt be the first benificiary stuff? both of these items were very clearly spelled out on the VERY FIRST POST

No marc, the one stick per day penalty rule was added well after everyone signed up. Go back and check ;)

...i also know that there's a waiting list.
Really now? A waiting list of people to get in or out of this pass ???
If a waiting list of people to get in exists, ya care sharing it or is it a big secret?

I guess I'm just dumb, I didn't interpret the original rules to mean that Barney was the first beneficiary, I guess I just can't understand simple concepts.

Once it gets back to the number 10 person (me on this go round) he takes everything he wants except 25, and moves to the top of the list with the #9 player being the last man in the next pass...and so on and so on....

From the original post guys. On the first go around, Barney was the last on the list. He took his cigars out and sent it out for round two. This time, I'm the beneficiary, so I was skipped and will go last and pull out the overage, and then send it out for round three. What is hard to understand about this? I think the players in the pass understand that this is a long pass and everyone will be a beneficiary at some point. The reason for the penalty stick was because of how many players are involved and the need to get it back out ASAP, not sitting at someone's house for a week at a time, if at all possible.

Gregor

Back