• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki’s Blind THANK YOU Test

I will probably smoke a couple of them tomorrow. The reviews probably won't be too fantastic, as I'll be using 'em a yard gars while cutting my lawn tomorrow :)

I will probably smoke a couple of them tomorrow. The reviews probably won't be too fantastic, as I'll be using 'em a yard gars while cutting my lawn tomorrow :)

It's been 5 days since this post, where the hell are the reviews!

Slackass!

Yep, slackass it is. I haven't had a cigar since I posted :/ Damn rimdog project + work is eating up all my time.

Yep, slackass it is. I haven't had a cigar since I posted :/ Damn rimdog project + work is eating up all my time.
Smoke on tonight...I promise I won't distract you by winning too many pots.

Well, too bad...you have a schedule to meet...!!.... :laugh:

Enjoy, friend Andrew - B.B.S.

sorry this has taken so long, but I have been busy

I am typing this on my iPhone as I play poker, so it may be a bit terse

Cigar #1 review

Tasting Notes: Nice looking corona gorda-ish sized cigar dark Colorado wrapper, well made, nice barnyard pre-light aroma... Some soft spots, but a decent draw, evidence of a triple-cap.

Initial tastes are very bitter and unpleasant... Rather acidic and sharp... Not enjoying this at all. Poured a cognac to take the edge off... Still not liking the cigar.

Halfway through, and I want to pitch it... Slight menthol aftertaste... I am pitching it.

Origin: Nicaraguan (tastes sick... Or just really bad)
Price: everyday -- I hope
Marca: Rocky Patel?
Rating: 2/10

sorry this has taken so long, but I have been busy

I am typing this on my iPhone as I play poker, so it may be a bit terse

Cigar #1 review

Tasting Notes: Nice looking corona gorda-ish sized cigar dark Colorado wrapper, well made, nice barnyard pre-light aroma... Some soft spots, but a decent draw, evidence of a triple-cap.

Initial tastes are very bitter and unpleasant... Rather acidic and sharp... Not enjoying this at all. Poured a cognac to take the edge off... Still not liking the cigar.

Halfway through, and I want to pitch it... Slight menthol aftertaste... I am pitching it.

No Moki actually it was an original release opus X. ...Just kidding. I just wanted to see how it felt to be on the other end of one of these exchanges.

Can't wait to find out what it is though!

No Moki actually it was an original release opus X. ...Just kidding. I just wanted to see how it felt to be on the other end of one of these exchanges.

I've done a number of blind taste tests before, so I'm used to being wrong, it's all good.

Whatever I smoked... it sucked, IMHO.

I've done a number of blind taste tests before, so I'm used to being wrong, it's all good.

Whatever I smoked... it sucked, IMHO.

Interesting....

I got back from the Vegas herf last night and I have to take care of some stuff right now but I will have the full post on Moki's first review done by this evening if not before.

As Moki would say, "Interesting..."

- Tim

Cigar #1: Illusione cg:4 – 2007 – (5 5/8 x 46) – premium

mokithankyoucigar01fd1.jpg

Moki's review:
Nice looking corona gorda-ish sized cigar dark Colorado wrapper, well made, nice barnyard pre-light aroma... Some soft spots, but a decent draw, evidence of a triple-cap.

Origin: Andrew correctly identified Nicaragua as the country of origin

Marca: Moki incorrectly guessed that this was a Rocky Patel cigar. Dion will not be pleased :laugh:

Price: Moki guessed this was an everyday cigar. At prices ranging from over $6 to over $10 a stick, I would edge this into premium territory but it's a close call. Tie goes to the runner here ;)

Rating: Clearly this was not a pleasant cigar for Andrew as he rated it a 2. I had a suspicion that he wouldn't like this much and purposely positioned this as the leadoff smoke since Cigar Aficionado rated this cigar as it's #7 cigar for 2007. I think this perfectly illustrates Moki's long held and oft-defended view that taste is utterly subjective.

CA defined the taste thusly: "The cg:4, which measures 5 5/8 inches by 46 ring, has balance as well as strength, with sweet leather, nuts and cocoa on the palate." Well, I don't get any leather myself but I do agree with the rest of their assessment. I find them to be rich and powerful smokes whose flavors are not overpowered by the out-and-out overbearing strength of a number of "hot" Nicaraguan brands. Currently a favorite of mine, I'm sorry that Andrew didn't enjoy it but I suspect he will find some cigars more to his liking as we move through this.

Good work Andrew. Next!

Nice. I like this smoke, but many that I smoke with do not. I just love seeing other members view on these sticks. Thanks guys!!

Jim

Wow... sorry Dion... I did not like that cigar at all, though. Very bitter... perhaps in a sick period, or in need of a long rest.

"Rocky Patel" was just a shot in the dark -- I had no idea what the brand was, I could not discern much in the way of flavors at all, it was just unpleasant. The "everyday" price was probably reflective of how much I disliked this cigar... it was well made/constructed, I just couldn't see paying much for it.

Again, nothing personal Dion... the cigar just didn't agree with me at all.

Good review. My experience was exactly as yours. I also pitched the one I smoked about half way through.

On to the next one :thumbs: :thumbs:

Gonna smoke #2 while mowing the lawn... bbiab! :D

Take your time why don't ya? Damn man you would think you were <busy> or something :D