• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

The Pass has landed! :thumbs:

My wife just confirmed that the pass is safely in my house. I will check this thing out tomorrow and make sure all is well.

Sorry I've been so negligent in approving Puts/Takes, Nick.

Looking over them now. Update coming soon.

T: 79) Ashton VSG Torpedo P:99) DCM #2 Churchill

Good! :thumbs:

T: 81) El Triunfador Lancero P:100) Rocky Patel Decade Toro

I'll have to look more at this one. I don't know how "limited" the El Triunfador is and how much of it is hype. Most online prices on the Decade appear to be 145-185ish a box. The Triunfador, if I found it in stock, appears to be 180-220ish. I'll research this more over the night.

T: 53) AF Anejo 46 P:101) WOAM

T: 76) Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo Maduro P:102) Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale

P:103) Cruzado Marelas Perfecto

Thanks! :thumbs:

The pass looks great! This is the biggest box I have ever seen in a pass though, wow! I am going to try and find a better box. Each container is at 68% so we are golden there. Let me know on that El Triunfador... that RP Decade is also an Edicion de Anivesario(small band on the foot)... I don't know if that means anything different.

On second thought, I may just see what UPS will charge to ship this monster...

The pass looks great! This is the biggest box I have ever seen in a pass though, wow! I am going to try and find a better box. Each container is at 68% so we are golden there. Let me know on that El Triunfador... that RP Decade is also an Edicion de Anivesario(small band on the foot)... I don't know if that means anything different.

On second thought, I may just see what UPS will charge to ship this monster...

But I have a PO Box. ???

Huh? Neat. I'm also stumped on the RP Decade "EdA". I wasn't aware those even existed. Pics? Google came up empty on any article or picture.

Upon investigation, the El Triunfador doesn't really appear to be super rare.... just a one time limited release. I found out the MSRP for 25 El Triunfador is $225. The Decade Toro appears to be $200 for 20. Obviously, that's not a real world price for either cigar, though the Triunfador is a little closer.

I found the El Triunfador in stock at Tower Cigars, NewHavanaCigars (I don't trust/deal with this vendor), ShowMeYourAsh, etc. So obviously it's not out-right impossible to obtain. Given that they're both about the same $ for $ (+/- a few cents) and I don't consider it unreasonable in terms of CURRENT rarity, the trade is good. In the future, I think the rarity factor may come into play for the Triunfador, but at the time being it's not an issue.

Definitely investigate shipping alternatives and switching up the box. How's the foam holding up? Cigars ok *crosses fingers*? Even if it delays it a day, go ahead and take your time. I don't want anyone else spending that absurd amount of money to get this shipped. When I originally mailed this off, it was $8.95 with DC#! Geeeesh. Are you guys putting in bricks?

Also, Nick - I haven't had time to mail replacement cigars. I'll dispatch them to Jake on Monday morning. I've been swamped at work/school/home. It's been a mess. Still haven't decided what (in my collection, at least) could take the place of a Toboada... :laugh:!

I don't want anyone else spending that absurd amount of money to get this shipped. When I originally mailed this off, it was $8.95 with DC#! Geeeesh. Are you guys putting in bricks?
I had this same problem with my first pass. It all depends on which "region" you're shipping into. I sent mine from NC to FL and it only cost $12, but WA to DE was $36. The average ended up being close to $20 per person. Doesn't matter what the dimensions of the box are, it's all into which postal region you're shipping from and then into.

Ok guys, with my birthday yesterday and everything I was a bit tied up so I will get this thing out in the morning. I will also hunt down a smaller box hopefully.

I have not had the best of luck finding a smaller box, but this is only costing me $13 to ship so I am getting this out so I don't hold it up any longer.

Here you go Jake...

I have not had the best of luck finding a smaller box, but this is only costing me $13 to ship so I am getting this out so I don't hold it up any longer.

Here you go Jake...

I may be able to find a smaller box. I'll get some P/T's up later this evening.

Here are my proposed T/P's :)

70) Rodolfo Taboada Campa custom rolled Robusto Largo '05 /// Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 (First Release)
72) AF Opus X Chili Pepper, Opus22 Coffin '08 /// BBMF
93) Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda /// Illusione ~1~

70) Rodolfo Taboada Campa custom rolled Robusto Largo '05 /// Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 (First Release)
These are very sketchy P/T's for a known purveyor of raiding passes. Jeff you may want to be careful with this Fat Texan! :sign: :laugh:

Thought the Taboada was gone ??? Damaged in shipping.

Brian

Brian

Step is sending me a replacement to put in the pass when it gets to me. :thumbs:

Brian

Step is sending me a replacement to put in the pass when it gets to me. :thumbs:

It has already been sent, so you should have it any day :thumbs:.

Jim