• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

What is the msrp for the BBMF? i checked all of the referances and asked a question and have not found the answer. Can anyone help me?

I've seen the BBMF go for as little as $43 (only in box splits, so this price is low, IMO) and for much as $125 (Casa Fuente, overpriced, IMO).

I thought the Salomons were $27, there is no way they are $17. I just checked and they are listed as $23, for the online guys, which i agree is short. i find these at B&M's for 27 which is why i considered it.

What is the msrp for the BBMF? i checked all of the referances and asked a question and have not found the answer. Can anyone help me?

It depends on where the BBMF came from. Per BigJake6904 in this post:

The BBMF is a single banded one from 06 that I received in a trade about a year ago.

If it has no second band (and was originally sold that way) and the single band is not the black Forbidden X band, it means that it didn't come from ANY of the Opus 22 CFCF boxes, the Journey to Chateau de la Fuente gift set, or Casa Fuente. This leaves me kind of stumped as to the origin. However, my best guess is that it's from a dinner of some sort? It certainly could be from the 2002 Prometheus Forbidden X humidor, but since Jake said it was from 2006, I doubt that.

I think it's time to PM Jake (maybe Moki :laugh:) on the provenance behind the stick.

Edit: Typos.

Khari got it. I would conservatively value it at $60 if you wanted to pick a number without knowing the source.

I suppose it could be a 2005 and not a 2006 like I was told, as it's really the only fathomable thought that the second band was taken off before I received the cigar. ???

However, the individual I traded for it hasn't been on the forums in a month, so getting "The Skinny" won't be happening it seems. Between the Opus 22 and Chateau sets this cigar shouldn't be any less than $40, with a high rarity factor associated with it. However, as Phil stated, $60 is probably more reasonable.

Edit to add.

I thought the Salomons were $27, there is no way they are $17. I just checked and they are listed as $23, for the online guys, which i agree is short. i find these at B&M's for 27 which is why i considered it.

It depends on where the BBMF came from. Per BigJake6904 in this post:

The BBMF is a single banded one from 06 that I received in a trade about a year ago.

If it has no second band (and was originally sold that way) and the single band is not the black Forbidden X band, it means that it didn't come from ANY of the Opus 22 CFCF boxes, the Journey to Chateau de la Fuente gift set, or Casa Fuente. This leaves me kind of stumped as to the origin. However, my best guess is that it's from a dinner of some sort? It certainly could be from the 2002 Prometheus Forbidden X humidor, but since Jake said it was from 2006, I doubt that.

I think it's time to PM Jake (maybe Moki :laugh:) on the provenance behind the stick.

Edit: Typos.

Probably it could have just been handed out at some event. I'm not aware of any BBMFs that Fuente shipped that didn't come with a second band on them, other than the J Foxx box this year.

Other than those mentioned, I only know of one other source for BBMF's that don't use the second band, and the hint is....... HIIII-YAHH ! ;)

Ok, thanks for the info on the BBMF, I'm going to rummage through the humi and see what I have for puts.

Ok, round 2. Here is what I'm proposing:
T: 13) AF Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto 2006 (edit b/c i didn't see the begining of the list when i printed it out)
P: Padron 1926 80th Anny, not sure if its going to be N or M- I'd have to check tonight.

T: 134) Tatuaje Bombavos
P: Tat Noella Reserva 2009

T: 86) Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos'08
P: Bolivar Belicoso Fino '08- I want to double check the date, but i beleive its August 2008

T: 110) AF Opus X Perfection X '06
P: Davidoff Special R Maduro

How does this look?
I made a quick edit for the first one incase anyone looked at it earlier.

Getting ready to head out to meet CJ now.

Don't have my P&T's up yet, but you'll just have to deal with what I give and take Jeff.

I met with John last night at the Davidus in Fredrick. John is a hellva nice guy. It was great to finally meet him.
John asked me to mention that the Padron 80th, #130, that Jonsey put in was damaged and taken out of the pass.

John's puts where
136- Partigas 160 Robusto Minor
137- Cohiba Sublime EL 2004
138- Davidoff #1 from the 1980's (isom)
John had no takes.

John crossed off #21 and I crossed off #4 on the Last Man Standing list.

I will send the package out on Monday, once my P/T's are approved.

I met with John last night at the Davidus in Fredrick. John is a hellva nice guy. It was great to finally meet him.
John asked me to mention that the Padron 80th, #130, that Jonsey put in was damaged and taken out of the pass.

John's puts where
John had no takes.

Hey Jon! It was great to finally meet you yesterday and put a face with the name. I know we spoke about getting together before and life got in the way, but better late than never. :thumbs:

That Padron 80th had better than an inch and a half split at the foot. Per Brian's instructions to chunk or burn it, I tried to smoke it. The foot unraveled after the first quarter inch last night. I experimented and tried cutting the first two inches with my Xikar. That part worked, but that was the first off tasting Padron I think I have ever run across.

John's puts where
John had no takes.

:0 Nice John! :thumbs:

John's puts where
John had no takes.

god.jpg

T: 13) AF Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto 2006
P: Padron 1926 80th Anny, not sure if its going to be N or M- I'd have to check tonight.
Tough call. I'm pretty sure current market on the DC EdA is ~$30ish+ and ~$30 on the Padron 80th. Opinions on rarity they carry, everyone?

Also a tough call, would love input from the group:
Bombazos @ $7.50 - 50 boxes of 25 cigars per box were produced in 2006.
Noella Reserva @ ~$10 (I think ??? ) - no idea on production run, but I heard 20,000+ ?... produced in 2009. Available at a vendor I won't do business with. Not bad mouthing anyone who does, btw, just saying.

T: 86) Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos'08
P: Bolivar Belicoso Fino '08- I want to double check the date, but i beleive its August 2008
Good! :thumbs:

T: 110) AF Opus X Perfection X '06
P: Davidoff Special R Maduro
Good! :thumbs:

Edit: I have been informed the real price on Noella Reserva is $8-$8.50 w/ around 200 boxes being produced (unconfirmed).

Tough call. I'm pretty sure current market on the DC EdA is ~$30ish+ and ~$30 on the Padron 80th. Opinions on rarity they carry, everyone?

Noella Reserva @ ~$10 (I think ??? ) - no idea on production run, but I heard 20,000+ ?... produced in 2009. Available at a vendor I won't do business with. Not bad mouthing anyone who does, btw, just saying.

In my humble opinion (for what it's worth), I would say no to No. 1 simply because they DCA's were very rare with only roughly 10,000 in production total, but the Padron's can be found anywhere at anytime.

I would say yes to No. 2. I think both are a small batch production, both of which have been re-released recently.

Edit: I have been informed the real price on Noella Reserva is $8-$8.50 w/ around 200 boxes being produced (unconfirmed).

None of these are my call, but since no one has given an opinion, I might as well speak up.

As far as the DCA and Padron 80th...I've never seen a DCA for less than $33 (Typically $35), and have never seen a padron 80th for more than $30 (Typically $27-$28). Even if you buy the 9 cigar DCA set, you won't pay less than $33/stick. Padron 80ths are pretty much carried in EVERY shop that has a Padron Account, so I wouldn't really consider it "rare" at all...just a high $ nice, yet attainable stick. As far as I can tell, there is only one retailer (online) that I know of that still has the DCA Singles available for sale (all $35), and that's Jackschwartz. A few have the 9 cigar DCA sampler, but after doing the math on three or four of the sites, you wouldn't be paying less than $33 regardless of it being a single or a set. Simply due to availability, and the fact that all except for 1 or 2 retailers you are forced to spend big $ to acquire a whole humidor or set...I'd say a little more is needed on the Put end of the trade as it's at a minimum $3 short and lacks any type of "rarity" to put up against the attainability of the DCA, however small or large that "rarity" might be.

As far as the Noellas Reservas, my box was like $225 after shipping, so the price is def. good up against the bombazos as the Noellas Reservas were about $8-$8.50 as predicted. I never heard of them making 800+ boxes, maybe that's the Noellas and Regios reservas combined, as there seems to be a lot more regios reservas than noellas reservas floating around at shops. What I was told by multiple sources (though not "confirmed" with Pete or anything) was that there would only be 200-250 or so boxes of each coming out. Regardless, with such a limited production, I think the noellas reservas carry some "rarity" though it will be more rare in a few years when they aren't as attainable as they are now. Both were limited and one time production sticks, and the put is $.50 to $1 higher than the take, the only discrepancy is how rare to consider both of them. A production of only 50 boxes of 25, 3 years ago vs. 225ish boxes last month....Pretty tough call, I could probably go either way here.

Just what I came up with.
:blush:

Well it looks like I'm 3 for 4 then. Any other thoughts, I'd like to get the pass out the door on Monday.