• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Generosity Exchange

Misc

Genuine pre-embargo Cuban cigar smoking picture (c
In the few short months that I've been taking this cigar smoking thing seriously, I've been the recipient of an incredible amount of cigar-generosity. Cigar smokers are, as a category, the most kind, generous, friendly and giving people I've met. It seems everyone wants to shove a few of their favourite smokes into your mouth and help you light one up.

Knowing that it isn't possible that it's my charming personality or stunning good looks that causes this, I'm forced to conclude that this trend is widespread and you all have experienced it too. And I've decide that it's time for us to "spread the wealth."

In this pass, I would like to trade with others cigars which have been given to me as gifts (or same make/model, if I smoked the gift and then bought more), as well as swap some of the great cigar-generosity stories.

Details:

* Standard pass rules apply.
* To join, e-mail or PM me your CP name, real name and postal address.
* If you've never been in a CP pass or have < 100 posts, include also your phone #. (If you're currently in your 1st pass and waiting on the box, that's "close enough" :))
* If this is your first pass, please see my post in the "open passes" forum "how to join your first pass."
* All cigars are to be those gifted to you or, if you smoked the gifted one, the same "brand/make/model/year/whatever."
* Along with your puts & takes, I'd like each passer to post the story of how they came to be gifted the cigar they put, how they met the person, why they sent them to you, if you're still in touch and anything else that might be interesting about your experience with cigar smoker generosity.
* In addition to posting "I got the box", "my puts & takes & story of the gift" and "I put the box in the mail with this tracking #", I'd like each person who is "next in line" to post, as the person before them receives the box, "I'm still at the same address and ready to receive" or something to let us know you're still alive and kicking, so we don't lose track of untalkative folks in the middle and end of the pass. :)

There's a holiday weekend coming up, so I'll take sign-ups until the evening of 9/8 and then put this baby in motion on 9/9, unless something changes, then I'll let you guys know.

Unfortunately I don't have any extra's yet of various great cigars passed to me as gifts and I do my best never to give up a gifted cigar. I LOVE this idea though and would like to participate in a simlar one in the future or perhaps copy you in the future if you wouldn't mind. This is simply a great idea.

Wish I could join at this time but can not. Good luck!

Sam :thumbs:

SamGuss said:
Unfortunately I don't have any extra's yet of various great cigars passed to me as gifts and I do my best never to give up a gifted cigar. I LOVE this idea though...
I understand entirely, which is why I said "...or a copy of the gift" -- I try to smoke 'em as they're given to me, too :)

...But nothing's stopping you from going to the local cigar store, is it?

Well, whichever. We'll be open for a couple weeks yet, so think on it, and let us know...

I would like to join. This being my first pass, let me know if I qualify or not.

matalo said:
I would like to join. This being my first pass, let me know if I qualify or not.
You can qualify once you've read enough of the rules to be able to tell ME whether you qualify or not :p

Ok, so far I got Micky (qualifies because I know him from elsewhere and asked him to sign up at CP and join in), Matalo and maybe SamGus. A good start. Again, this'll be open through the next week (due to the holiday), so just be patient, folks :)

I'll post an initial starting lineup and first "story of where I got this cigar" once we have, let's say, 6 people on board to make it a "go."

Btw, I'll be out of town this weekend, so don't worry if I respond slowly...

Hey Ted, let me know if i can get in on this. i sent you my info a few days ago. thanks again.

Of course you can play, Joe -- folks have been generous to you and you're struck with the need to share, right? That's all that's required :)

Ok, that's Mickey, Matalo, Joe (and maybe SamGus) -- halfway to a pass and it's not even the weekend, yet :)

THANK YOU SIR,I am very much looking foward to playing..and for letting me in on my first pass i will add a special gift for you.. wait let me wipe my nose :D

:D :D :D :D

Ok - You got me again................

I am ready for another pass....... This one should be fun........!!!

Count me in!!!

Gekko in San Diego.......

I sent my snailer to you yesterday....

Let me know if you need more.........

Mickey
Matalo
Joe
Gekko777

Need 2 more to make a pass, or as many as who sign up by next weekend.

Wee-haw!

I'd like to sign up but I am very new and have not been gifted many or actually no cigars as of yet and think that my very small selection of about 10 or so cigars left may not be quite enough to get me started???

Misc if you can put me towards the backend, I'd like to play :)

Unfortunately, Fran and I had our vacation which was supposed to be the week of my dad's bday 13-22 of this month. So this vacation is gonna be a bummer of a trip.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to accept any packages from 13-22, so if you want to make me anchor again, I'd love to play. I have a few gifted cigars, not many, but I suppose I could make up some stories :p

Well, either this is an idea that's ahead of its time, or this is going to be a short & fast one. We got

Mickey
Matalo
Joe
Gekko777
& Smokin' Tone bringing up the rear.

Need one more to make it a pass -- and I'm going to extend sign-ups to 9/13, just to make sure Tone is out of the house when it starts :p

And somebody send TM-1 some newbie cigars, for crying out loud! ;) (TM, if I had your snailer... Also, read the rest of the intro -- there's no law that says you can't visit the local tobacconist and pick up a cigar or 3 or 10 :) )

Have I been hoodwinked? Is it the case that only a handful of cigar-smokers are the most generous people on the planet, and I just happened to meet all of them?! C'mon -- surely you all know someone who's been recipient of cigars from heaven, and wants to be in this pass... yes? Get 'em over here! :)

I got the techmaster taken care of count him in...

Ok, then...

Mickey
Matalo
Joe
Gekko777
Techmaster-1
& Smokin' Tone bringing up the rear.

(Not the official order.)

I'll get cracking on the stories of the starting lineup cigars, and then I guess we'll have the world's smallest pass.

No biggie -- I guess it just wasn't the right time, or something, to get a gazillion people in. That's ok, it'll be more personal, this way.

Remember, with each put (that's either a gifted cigar or a copy of a gifted cigar that you already smoked or plan to smoke), you'll be posting a little story to this forum to tell the others how you got it, if you're still in touch with the person, etc. It's not a writing contest -- no pulitzer-candidates needed -- just a little fireside story telling.

So, as I prepare the starting lineup and the order to mail out on Monday, you guys be thinking about your "cigar generosity" stories.

(Actually, there's no reason to wait -- if you've got a good story, share it!)

Ok, I'm off to do a little bookwork, and then here we go! :p

I would like to join this one if it is not too late. I dont have a lot of cigars, but I can tell the story behind a couple anyway. :)

Nestsdad said:
I would like to join this one if it is not too late. I dont have a lot of cigars, but I can tell the story behind a couple anyway. :)
Hmmm, I don't know, I'll have to think about it.

<think, think>

Ok, you're in :)

Hey, guys -- I've been a slacker all weekend, so I didn't put together the order or the starting cigars, yet. And it looks like I'm going to slack most of Monday, too. :) I'll try to post everything Monday night or Tuesday morning, and see if I can't get this baby on the road by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nestsdad: the stories are what it's all about! Cigars, you can buy anywhere, but a story is a TALE! :)

Ok, here I go <slack, slack, slack...>