• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great Smoked Salmon Faceoff!

I also broke out the smoked turkey last night which was a huge hit! I'm probably going to need to place another order.

:cool:

:0
Wow... I'm suprised. I really thought HillyBilly would win this one. Honestly, he smokes stuff all the time, whereas I only smoke salmon once a year. But, after a number of years of smoking ONLY salmon I guess I got it down pretty good.

Thanks to all for donating the prizes- HillyBilly, you put up a great fight!!
Pick a couple of the prizes for yourself... (except the wine... the wifely unit wants that!)

:cool:

Congrats Swisy! Looks like you might have to expand into ribs now. :)

Nice job Jim! :thumbs: Looks like the judges had a great time. I have to say, this was a very cool "event" here on CP. Nothing wrong with a little good-natured competition.

Well done guys, well done.

Norcal, thanks for putting this on. It was indeed a fun competition. I truly benefit from it as well, because now using your feedback I can improve on my skills in the Salmon Department!

Swissy, again congrats man! It was great and thanks again for sending me the salmon to use! Above and beyond!

E

Edit, hey norcal....Smoked Turkey???? Swissy, you do turkey too?

Nice going Jim! Congrats :thumbs:

I only have one question. Are there any left overs :D

rob300c said:
WTG Swissy!
Sorry HBS maybe you should stick to pig!  :sign:

Clearly Swissy was the favorite in this smokeoff with his experience smoking fish.  We need to have another smokeoff with either brisket or RIBS!

-Rob
[snapback]290773[/snapback]​

Hey nothing wrong with pulled pork--YUMMY!!! :)

I'll volunteer to be a judge on ribs brisket smokeoff. I am an amatuer smoker--cigar and the meat stuff :D :whistling:

Hillbilly Steaks said:
Norcal, thanks for putting this on. It was indeed a fun competition. I truly benefit from it as well, because now using your feedback I can improve on my skills in the Salmon Department!

Swissy, again congrats man! It was great and thanks again for sending me the salmon to use! Above and beyond!

E

Edit, hey norcal....Smoked Turkey???? Swissy, you do turkey too?
[snapback]290785[/snapback]​

Ummm... no, no smoked turkey here! Just little ol' me :laugh: All the 'extras' I sent were fish. And no worries on the salmon Erick... I'll see if I can't get you a few more this summer to smoke up :thumbs:

As far as me doing brisket or ribs, I dunno... my smoker is really designed for fish, but I may have to do a little expirementing! Might just have to pick some up at Costco and see what I can do.

Want to say what a blast it has been following this thread ... no drama, no confrontations, just a good time!!

Congrats to all involved for making this a fun read for the past few weeks.

NorCalCigarLover - great idea, and what a way to sample some great food and wine with friends.

Swissy and Hillbilly Steaks - although I've never had the pleasure of meeting either of you, would like to sit down with both of you, smoke a couple cigars, and pick your brains about the finer points of smoking food.

Again, thank you all for "A Real Good Time!!"

David, thanks for putting this all together, sure looked like everyone had a wonderful time last night.

Looks to me like everyone involved with the " Great Smoked Salmon Faceoff" turned out to be a winner!

Wow, congrats to both players on this one! Looks like everyone had fun and this was a fun post to read.

Congrats swissy!

What an effort by all parties involved, it would be cool to see more events along these lines.

Way to go, the winner is crowned and the prize will be sent. When will the next one start? Thanks for the excitement and good job putting this together.

Wow! best thread ever! Congrats Swissy! And a good job to Hillbilly as well.

:thumbs:

Well congrats are in order firstly to Jimbo our winner :thumbs: , but also to Erick for putting up a great show as a close contender. ;)

Also big thanks to David for putting this together and the rest of the judging panel I/we thank for your "selfless sacrifice". :p

Now was it just a coincidence that I ended up sending Jimbo the prize smokes already or am I just that good. :sign:

Great show everyone that participated and to those that joined in celebrating this event in this thread I thank you for the countless time spend in front of the screen.

Now I am salivating once again so I better go and raid the fridge for some leftovers :( :p

Thanks everyone... that was a LOT of fun (win or lose) but nerve-wrecking to say the least...

If anyone wants to try the stuff, you'll just have to come up here and go fishing with me... then we can smoke yours up while we drink and enjoy some cigars! :cool:

Congrats Swissy, you better watch you might have a lot of people chomping at that offer. :p

congratulations to you swissy, i'm not having a good year on my bets. hillbilly steaks i'd be more than happy to taste your wares anytime. as said before, this is one the best threads EVER! :cool:

Congrats to all involved!!!

What good clean fun this was!!!