• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great Smoked Salmon Faceoff!

Hey David...
lemme know what Port you open for the 'other goodies'... the wifely unit may want to try it as well!

This has been a very enjoyable thread to read. Good luck to both guys and the lucky judges.

Picked up a couple for foodies for tomorrows judges panel at a wine tasting event we attended tonight. Oh boy, oh boy .... this is gonna be great!

Edit: Swissy, it's probably going to be the 2000 Grahams LBV but who really knows. At that period in the evening I usually give up the keys to the cellar and its anyone's guess what gets opened. I do have 100 point Calliope Black Muscato that that I've been saving for a special occasion ... that'll probably get opened as well :p

:cool:

Official judgeing forms have been made and printed. Here is how we will be judging the salmon.

The "best" smoked salmon is a matter of personal taste, but certain characteristics are desirable:
Appearance, the fish should have good color and look neither dried out nor overly oily.
Texture, the fish should taste moist, almost buttery, with a silky-smooth texture.
Flavor, while some people prefer a strong smoky flavor, others prefer a milder taste of smoke, but in any case, the smoked flavor should not overpower the salmon. Nor should the fish taste overly salty, although this is in part a matter of personal taste.

Please use a scale from 0 - 10 to score the three categories for each entry, 0 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. Add together the three categories for each entry and write your total score in the last column. Judges toal scores will be added together and the entry with the highest score will be declared the winner.

Edit: Please note the prize package, and picture link, on the first page of this thread. If anyone would like to add to the prize pot there is still time !

NorCalCigarLover said:
Official judgeing forms have been made and printed. Here is how we will be judging the salmon.

The "best" smoked salmon is a matter of personal taste, but certain characteristics are desirable:
Appearance, the fish should have good color and look neither dried out nor overly oily.
Texture, the fish should taste moist, almost buttery, with a silky-smooth texture.
Flavor, while some people prefer a strong smoky flavor, others prefer a milder taste of smoke, but in any case, the smoked flavor should not overpower the salmon. Nor should the fish taste overly salty, although this is in part a matter of personal taste.

Please use a scale from 0 - 10 to score the three categories for each entry, 0 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. Add together the three categories for each entry and write your total score in the last column. Judges toal scores will be added together and the entry with the highest score will be declared the winner.

Edit: Please note the prize package, and picture link, on the first page of this thread. If anyone would like to add to the prize pot there is still time !

[snapback]290378[/snapback]​

very nice. So how many people do you have judging again?

NorCalCigarLover said:
[snapback]290378[/snapback]​

Uh oh... :0
Congrats HillyBilly! The way I smoke my fish, i think you just won... :laugh:
(10 hours of solid, constant smoke will kinda add a little smoke flavor... :whistling:)

But like I said... I smoke it the way I like it! :cool:

This will be interesting... can't wait for the fun to start! :thumbs:

I can't wait for the results! :)

Good luck to both of you. I think NorCal's the real winner here, tho! :laugh:

oh the excitement! Its almost that time.

Good luck to ya Swissy, and Norcal, hope you and your friends all enjoy the salmon!

PICS PICS PICS!

Better not be any of the "tie" shizzel. I'd have to boitch slap someone.

Wow this is turning into an unprecedented tasting event beyond any of my imagination. Congrats to both participants as I know the judges will enjoy both entries equally. This entire thread has made my taste buds over-reactive so just like a salivating version of Pavlov's dog I end up raiding the fridge in search of satisfying this newfound hunger :rolleyes:

Big kudos to the chairman of the organizing judge committee, David for setting this up. :sign:

Can't wait for more updates :)

ML237 said:
Wow this is turning into an unprecedented tasting event beyond any of my imagination. Congrats to both participants as I know the judges will enjoy both entries equally. This entire thread has made my taste buds over-reactive so just like a salivating version of Pavlov's dog I end up raiding the fridge in search of satisfying this newfound hunger :rolleyes:

Big kudos to the chairman of the organizing judge committee, David for setting this up. :sign:

Can't wait for more updates :)
[snapback]290534[/snapback]​
i have to admit, my mouth is watering also. having a small portion from either participant would make this guy happy. good luck to both swissy and hillbilly, the judges are already lucky! :p

Doesn't the winner have to ship a sampling to everyone on the forum? I thought that was one of the rules.

:laugh:

methinks they drank a little vino tonight!

:thumbs:

Hey wheres the results none of them had a puter handy? Were need to know the winner. :cool: