• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Official Midwest Pass

It's off and running!

0304 3490 0002 7652 6412

The nice man at the post office said this most likely will be delivered Monday.

And just so everyone knows, there are two tupperdor containers, since it was really pushing it to try and fit everything in one, and this way we have plenty of room, as well as packing material. One tupperdor has a tube of beads, the other has a cigar baggie with some beads as well as some pinholes in the bag.

There is a file folder with printouts of all pertinent info, as well as a disk with rtf files of the puts/takes list. Don't worry if you can't update the disk, just use the paper copies and handwrite what's necessary, then the next person can update on the disk.

Gonz

Gonz said:
It's off and running!

[snapback]195949[/snapback]​

WooHooo.... :D :thumbs:
preview2-small.gif

Here's a suggestion that occurred to me yesterday. MilesMingusMonk was quite kind enough to send me some bags (quite a few actually!) to be used in this pass, since I didn't have any. And not only did he send me some bags, he went ahead and threw some cigars in there too! An extremely nice gesture that won't go overlooked! And it reminded me of something.

It was hot as hell out there yesterday, and the cigars and box were quite warm when I got them into the house. And we all know the warm temps tend to cause any beetle eggs that may be in the cigars to hatch, causing terrible damage to the cigar and those around them! So, my suggestion is to place your takes into the freezer for a couple days, or do whatever it is that you do to cigars that have gotten warm enough to allow a beetle hatch. This way, the cigars are protected, as well as the rest of the contents of your humi.

While in transit we should not have to worry, as each cigar is individually sealed in it's own ziplock baggie (thanks to MMM), and there are more than enough extra bags for your puts.

Just an FYI!

gonz, have you requested this thread moved to passes in progress?

OutlawD said:
gonz, have you requested this thread moved to passes in progress?
[snapback]196378[/snapback]​

Yeah, about three or four days ago. Maybe it got lost somewhere, I'll do it again.

OK, just to be sure everyone's on the same page:

Indyrob will not be around this weekend, last minute trip out for the 4th was sprung on him. So what we are hoping to do is switch indyrob and inflatus in the batting order. So the new beginning order would be this:

Rob_k
inflatus
indyrob
golfgar
and so on...

This is all contingent on confirmation from Rob_k, inflatus and indyrob that this will work out. And I want to be sure there is no confusion or mix-ups.

And as I mentioned much earlier, I will be up in the northwoods canoeing, leaving Monday am and getting back late on Friday, so puts/takes will be posted here for a general consensus.

Thanks, and have a great week!

Gonz said:
OK, just to be sure everyone's on the same page:

Indyrob will not be around this weekend, last minute trip out for the 4th was sprung on him. So what we are hoping to do is switch indyrob and inflatus in the batting order. So the new beginning order would be this:

Rob_k
inflatus
indyrob
golfgar
and so on...

This is all contingent on confirmation from Rob_k, inflatus and indyrob that this will work out. And I want to be sure there is no confusion or mix-ups.
[snapback]196450[/snapback]​

np here, will advise when i receive the eagle.

Awesome. We're all set with the change in the order. Now I'm going camping/canoeing in the wilderness, with 4 freinds (Opus X, Hemmingway Maduro, Psd No. 2 and Monte No. 4) and my wife!

Gentlemen, the eagle has landed safe and sound. I will inspect and inventory content this evening and post my put/takes. Upon group approval, I will send pass to next receipient.

First, let me say thanks to andy for having me in this pass, I believe I am the furthest north, east coast guy in this pass.and considering this is a Mid-West pass, i am lucky to be a part of it, let alone first in the pass order.
The pass arrived packed like a tank, and upon initial inventory, all was present and accounted for. I will post some small pics of the inventory and the put/takes in this post. If all is approved, I will button this up and send it out to Inflatus. No white owls or hav-a-tampa's this time ;)
Thanks again, this was a blast! Take Luck! :D

Proposed puts/takes (I know, messy desk!)
takes:
#14 Gurkha Legend Torpedo
#21 Fuente Hemi Natural
#25 Monticristo #4 (ISOM)

Puts:
#26 Cohiba Siglo II (ISOM)
#27 Padron '64 Anni Maduro Torpedo
#28 CAO Black Frontier (7x50)
#29 Padron Maduro 2000
#30 Bolivar Churchill

Inventory pics
26362008-S.jpg
26362009-S.jpg

Puts and takes pics:
Put
26362012-S.jpg
Take:
26362014-S.jpg

Good to see this underway.

Looks good to me, but then I'm a Newb that don't no nuthin.

Huzzah!