• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The passed few weeks

RichYhlen

Hey guys finally got back online and figured would say hi. The resulting hiatus of my laps of the forums was due to the house myself and my family stayed at. It caught fire and we lost everything from clothes, to furniture, my coolidor, all the things that are right in your face on a daily basis. I am happy everyone made it out, now it has turned the other side of the coin and the loss factors of possesions burnt to a crisp. It was my wife who grabbed both boys, but myself who ran back in 3 times to try and fight the fire and was almost succumed to smoke and fire. It was so surreal, and I had thought of being the least scared till I was outside watching the flames shooting out the windows. Now time to heal and wait till the nightmares go away.

I'm glad everyone is unscathed brother, my prays are with you and yours!!! :0

So sorry for your loss but glad everyone made it out safe. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

:( Prayers sent! Sorry for your loss but glad everyone made it out ok.

Rotten. Seems like a small epidemic among CPer's lately.

Glad to hear everyone is safe though, and please let us know if there's anything the community can do to be of assistance!

Sorry to hear about the fire and the loss, but the good thing is that everyone made it out and is safe.

All that matters is that you are safe. Take care brother.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Im so sorry about your loss! Thank goodness you and your family made it out safe and sound. Sending prayers your way.

Thanx everyone for the prayers and such, things will get better in time. Just now if the dammed mail system would get thier act together, they cant seem to get the correct mail to my house. I have friends that have sent me stuff which hasn't gotten here yet. And since I am not working at the moment it could surely help. But time will tell and all I can do is do the daily fight, day by day.

Rich

Prayers sent Rich.

3 years ago today (on my31st B-day), we lost our home as well. It's devastating but material things can be replaced. You have yourself, your wife and the kids, just thank God for that and thank God for them. Be diligent with the insurance company, keep your receipts and you should be OK.

I'll keep you in my thoughts,

Scott

You can replace the house, the possessions and (GASP!!) the cigars that went up in smoke alone (BLASPHEMY!!!
mad.gif
) but you definitely cannot replace your wife and kids.. truly glad you and yours are all still with us and give us your new address so we can help you start up your next coolerdor!

Keep the chin up bro!

R

Unfortunately we were staying with family and had no house insurance. They were to cheap to buy it, and I updated my new address on my profile last night when I finally got back online in my new place. And I am glad all are fine, no clue what I would of done if I lost anyone.

Rich

Unfortunately we were staying with family and had no house insurance. They were to cheap to buy it, and I updated my new address on my profile last night when I finally got back online in my new place. And I am glad all are fine, no clue what I would of done if I lost anyone.

Rich

So who's house was it? I thought it was yours Rich... ??? I'm glad everybody is okay. You say they were "too cheap" to buy HOI? That's a shame, but kind of them to let you stay with them. At any rate, we're glad you're okay. :thumbs:

Scottw talked about the HOI so I was replying to him. The house belonged to my wife/gf's brother and his wife, we used to live in Las Vegas and moved to Fort Worth Texas cause they were suppose to of needed help with bills and stuff for a few months, but that was a load of crap they didnt need our help they took our kind gesture to far. So we found a place and now were better off and they sold the house, they had to they owed back taxes and was going to loose it anyways.

And thanx gain everyone for your kind words and gestures
Rich

Scottw talked about the HOI so I was replying to him. The house belonged to my wife/gf's brother and his wife, we used to live in Las Vegas and moved to Fort Worth Texas cause they were suppose to of needed help with bills and stuff for a few months, but that was a load of crap they didnt need our help they took our kind gesture to far. So we found a place and now were better off and they sold the house, they had to they owed back taxes and was going to loose it anyways.

Rich

Huh?

Rich

I must admit I'm befuddled with your response but nonetheless sympathetic to your situation. You moved halfway across the country to help someone with their bills (noble gesture), you found a new place and are better off and they sold the other place due to delinquent taxes (understandable). Did they sell the house before or after it burned down and you lost everything in it? I'm not getting the final part of the equation. I don't know how someone can get a motgage without securing HOI either but that may vary from state to state, in NJ, it's not possible I don't think. Anyway, glad every one was alright Rich.

I must admit I'm befuddled with your response but nonetheless sympathetic to your situation. You moved halfway across the country to help someone with their bills (noble gesture), you found a new place and are better off and they sold the other place due to delinquent taxes (understandable). Did they sell the house before or after it burned down and you lost everything in it? I'm not getting the final part of the equation. I don't know how someone can get a motgage without securing HOI either but that may vary from state to state, in NJ, it's not possible I don't think. Anyway, glad every one was alright Rich.

It is also a must in NY... Weird, I just assumed it was a mortgage company policy. It would only make sense to make sure their investment in you was safe.

The house was in my wife's sister-in-law's mothers name and it was paid off years ago. They were actually talking about selling the place a few months before we got down here, the mother has Alzheimers and was going in a home. To the luck of the draw 2 days after the fire the neighbor had a family member make the owner an offer which is to be settled this coming week. The items that we lost were in the bedroom we stayed in, the rest of the house had smoke damage.

Hope this clears up some confusion
Rich

Sorry to hear about everything that happened Rich and all the problems with the PO. Do you have Red Cross in your area? Were they able to set you up with temporary housing and clothes? Have you checked with local churches?

Rich

The house was in my wife's sister-in-law's mothers name and it was paid off years ago. They were actually talking about selling the place a few months before we got down here, the mother has Alzheimers and was going in a home. To the luck of the draw 2 days after the fire the neighbor had a family member make the owner an offer which is to be settled this coming week. The items that we lost were in the bedroom we stayed in, the rest of the house had smoke damage.

Hope this clears up some confusion
Rich

I am just trying to make sense of this, did they sell it before or after the fire? The fire was confined to your room only? I am glad everyone got out safe, but it takes a lot of chutzpa to go back and try and fight it on your own, not once but three times. Does the local Fire Department have any idea what may of caused it?

Man best of luck to you in these trying times.