• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts on A-Rod

smokintexas

What have I gotton myself into?!
So with the recent discovery that A-Rod did in fact use "performance-enhancing drugs" I was curious to see what the various BOTL's thoughts on the subject were. I was very surprised and happy to see that he just about immediately came out and told what I thought at the time to be the truth. I've been trying to keep up with it on ESPN and they just referenced a interview that 60 Minutes did with A-Rod in December of 2007 where she first asked "have you ever used performance-enhancing drugs?" and with no hesitation he said "no", then she asked "have you ever been tempted to use said drugs" and with a bit of hesitation he answered "no, I've never had a problem competing in this league and I've always been in a very strong, dominant position." So what do you gents think on the topic?

I think if we honestly knew who has and hasn't used them, we'd all be surprised. To be honest, I'm not that surprised. Athletes are always doing whatever it takes to stay in the game. It's unfortunate.

I'm not surprised nor do I care if athletes use anything to boost their game. They're going to pay the consequences of it eventually.

Sad really, I liked him a lot when he was a Ranger... now like Rafael Palmeiro, another one bites the dust.

Wonder who the rest on the list are. A-Rod should come completely clean with the public, as should all the others on the list. As a Yankee fan, I can tell you I'm no fan of A-Rod. I always thought he was way overpaid. He bombed in post season and that's where it counts IMO.

Which is why Chipper Jones is My favorite baseball player!! :thumbs: The only cheating his did was on his wife. :laugh:

Regardless of whatever you think about Canseco, he certainly shed a lot of light on steroids in baseball and while some people thought he was talking nonsense about the number of players using drugs, his statements over time are beginning to take on more and more credibility.

Regarding Alex, as was said on ESPN radio this morning, since the testing done was supposed to be totally anonymous, I am sure he felt comfortable in 2007 saying that he never took them. Now that it leaked, he had no choice but to come clean - pardon the pun!

A-ROID...He's a cheater, just like Clemens, Bonds, McGuire and Palmero.

We Boston fans knew he was a cheater after this play.

arod1_medium.jpg

Doc.

oh Doc that was just wrong...lol

no but seriously i'm a Yankees fan and i have never liked A-rod, Boston had the curse of the bambino and we have the curse of A-Rod. Until we get rid of him and his stench, i see us having trouble taking it all, could it happen yes (just look at boston) but he is our curse.

and i had no trouble believing he juiced

Mattingly juiced also. Did you see how fast them sideburns used to grow?

Does not surprise me. I could care less he can't produce when it counts anyways!!!

GO SOX!!!

Brian

arod1_medium.jpg

Doc.

The term "Glass Houses" ring any bells old timer???......

-- Manny Alexander
-- Dante Bichette

-- Wil Cordero

-- Jose Canseco

-- Roger Clemens

-- Paxton Crawford

-- Johnny Damon

-- Carl Everett

-- Rich Garces

-- Eric Gagne

-- Nomar Garciaparra

-- Jeremy Giambi

-- Trot Nixon

-- Jose Offerman

-- Julian Tavarez

-- Mo Vaughn

-- Jason Varitek

Don't care, I'm not the one that is going to have shriveled up raisins. :sign:

You have to be a total fool to think that a bunch of athletes don't juice up at some point.

arod1_medium.jpg

Doc.

Not just Sox fans, but baseball fans everywhere remember that douchebagery. Don't forget his bush league antics in May '07 when he yelled at the Blue Jays infielder trying to get him to drop a popup. He's a narcissistic infantile prick. As far as the steroid thing, I am not too surprised, he cheats. Cheats in baseball, cheats on his wife. But Canseco already told us about all this. "Canseco made no secret of his personal disdain for Rodriguez. The book portrayed Rodriguez as curious about steroids and infatuated with Canseco’s former wife."