• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts on A-Rod

First let me disclaim that I do not watch sports.

I don't see what the big deal is with steroids. I understand that they are drug that can and will enhance the performance of those taking them, but is that really cheating. I mean, the guys still train right? You couldn't give roids to a 400 pound couch potato and turn out with a professional athlete by the injections alone.

And, do we as substance abusers ourselves (read alcohol and tobacco) really want the government regulating drugs too much? We now have cigarette that go out if you don't keep drawing air through them, what if the government decides it's in your best interest to add filters to cigars?

I have taken steroids that were doctor prescribed to get through an illness.

my $.02

First let me disclaim that I do not watch sports.

I don't see what the big deal is with steroids. I understand that they are drug that can and will enhance the performance of those taking them, but is that really cheating. I mean, the guys still train right? You couldn't give roids to a 400 pound couch potato and turn out with a professional athlete by the injections alone.

And, do we as substance abusers ourselves (read alcohol and tobacco) really want the government regulating drugs too much? We now have cigarette that go out if you don't keep drawing air through them, what if the government decides it's in your best interest to add filters to cigars?

I have taken steroids that were doctor prescribed to get through an illness.

my $.02

To a point what you say makes sense. The only problem is that when you get to the professional level that these athletes are at just about all of them work just as hard as each other (keep in mind I say just about all of them.) So, when these players work out as much as they do, some steroids can make a difference in the level of play they are capable of. Granted I don't think its the difference between a good player and a GREAT player, but it still makes a difference. The ability to hit the ball (hand eye coordination) is God given, and no amount of steroids can improve that. However, once you are able to make that contact, the distance at which you are able to hit said ball could be affected by steroid use. Bottom line is that these players make MILLIONS (especially in the MLB) to play their sport and cheating is cheating. The sad truth of it is that no amount of pressure from the law will stop the use of steroids, they'll just find new ways to hide it. Its very unfortunate, but its the way of the world right now.

For the red sox fans...... :thumbs:

as a rookie.....

david-ortiz-ultra.jpg

now a days.....

OrtizVerducciAP2.jpg

Looks like somebody put on a little weight, just a little... :whistling:

I love how the Yankee fans are up in arms over Ortiz's name being linked to the trainer. It makes me laugh for a couple reasons, One: Their jaw must have hit the floor so hard they didn't also hear them mention Robinson Cano. Two: Yeah, he put on weight, but do you look at him and for a second think that's muscle?

Come on. Look at the size of his head in that fist picture. Same as it is now. That's a tell-tale sign with that much bulk increase.

Does anybody have Cuban cigars? Cheaters!!!!!

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Nobody pays $9 for a beer, $30 for parking, $7 for a hot dog, and $50 for a seat to watch me smoke my cigars ;)