• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TNT Cigars?

botl43

There site was down for construction a few days ago. Have they taken there site down??

They are here in AZ and have been caught selling fraudulent cigars.

I hate it when I get counterfiet Montesinos! Dang!

TNT Site works for me???

I've purchased from them numerous times, and never had a problem. I guess those Short Story Alternatives could have been fakes?? Damn!

They are here in AZ and have been caught selling fraudulent cigars.
Like what? An example would be good.......

And, do you have first hand knowledge of this, or is it just anecdotal?

B.B.S.

Well, I guess it could be anecdotal....I did not have 1st hand experience in this case, so my comment may be without sufficient evidence. I was told by a trustworthy friend, that a man came into the Mesa store and asked about some Perdomo 2nd's they had on display. The clerk went on describing them and the man said "I am a Perdomo rep, we don't do 2nd's." The clerk backpeddled.

Also that everyone I've heard from has been disappointed in one way or another, FWIW. I personally have been turned off to this store as well. Pretty much a useless staff, and they try to upsell that nameless crap while not wanting to add any inventory that customer's desire.

edited to add: I also called the main store in Phoenix recently and the guy who answered was an unwarranted jerk-off. He pretended to go look for something while I heard him in the background BS'ing with someone, waited 5 minutes, and hung up on me, after being very pissy with me. If your experience has left you with good things from them, then by all means continue. I live here, and I won't shop there. Plenty of other good stores to shop from.

NEWS FLASH: The cigar business has more than its share of unscrupulous people.

Doc.

TNT Site works for me???

I've purchased from them numerous times, and never had a problem. I guess those Short Story Alternatives could have been fakes?? Damn!

Yes it appears the site is back up. Nice can of worms you opened up there Rectify For what it's worth, (my two cents worth about half a penny in todays day and age.) ) I've done busines with them a couple of times. This is the first time I've heard anything negative about them. I'll take it for what it's worth... Not Much! Seems to be roumor, as it didnt happen to you. What your talking about is hersay and second hand.. Till I hear further or I have a negative experiance myself, I will reserve judgment.

Thank you for your opinion though. :thumbs:

TNT Site works for me???

Yes it appears the site is back up. Nice can of worms you opened up there Rectify For what it's worth, (my two cents worth about half a penny in todays day and age.) ) I've done busines with them a couple of times. This is the first time I've heard anything negative about them. I'll take it for what it's worth... Not Much! Seems to be roumor, as it didnt happen to you. What your talking about is hersay and second hand.. Till I hear further or I have a negative experiance myself, I will reserve judgment.

Thank you for your opinion though. :thumbs:

My appologies botl43. Just trying to watch out for the community. I'm sure we could find faults common to most of our vendors if we looked hard enough. I did edit the above post to add a personal complaint as well.

edited to clarify.

My appologies botl43. I thought we watched out for each other around here.

I would think we should and do. The problem I have with the way you approached this. Is to make a one line comment like that. That hung in the air like a big stink bomb. Then when called on it, you come up with second hand information and roomer.( what I call shit stirring for the most part.)

Not into getting into a big blow out over this.. Bottom line, I've been hanging out on the boards for awhile now and have never heard anything negative about this particular establishment till now. (We all know they sell "Alternatives" they don’t hide it in any way..)

It may be that we don’t know one another that well, as I have to admit. If it came from some one I knew and trusted. I wouldn’t have reacted the same way. Though I still feel your posting in the slant and vien you posted it in, was in bad taste.. (Again my two cents worth about half a penny.)

Till the next time. You have a good day sir! :cool:

My appologies botl43. I thought we watched out for each other around here.
We do watch out for each other, perhaps better than any other site I know of. The reason the opinions here matter is that they are factual and verifiable. When you make statements like "....Also that everyone I've heard from has been disappointed in one way or another, FWIW...." that's a pretty broad brush. It calls the statement, and indirectly, your credibility, into question.I don't have a dog in this fight; I don't think I've ever even ordered from TNT and I have no knowledge if they are good or horrible or somewhere in between. I stick to the vendors I know, the guys that give me fair values and flawless service. But, probably more than a couple of guys on these pages have purchased from TNT, and don't seem to have major issues.

I'm not going to dump on you but consider how different it would have been if you'd have just said "......I personally have been turned off to this store as well. Pretty much a useless staff, and they try to upsell that nameless crap while not wanting to add any inventory that customer's desire....." and left it at that. That's an opinion, and a perfectly valid one. But - when you accuse them of shady business practices, or outright lying, you need to be prepared to defend a statement like that with facts.

FWIW - B.B.S.

<snip>If it came from some one I knew and trusted. I wouldn’t have reacted the same way. Though I still feel your posting in the slant and vien you posted it in, was in bad taste.. (Again my two cents worth about half a penny.)

Did not mean for it to come off in bad taste. I guess I can see where it may come off that way. I will refrain from posting 'heresay' and resort to commenting only on my personal experiences unless I have something valid.

I deal with TNT all the time (they are only a days shipping from where i live). I am very pleased with there service, although I wish they would ship with humidification.

I have ordered several times from them and have always been pleased with the service and the sticks.

Seth