• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To how many of you this happened

3Vandoo

Last night at football practice, the LB coach who is also a former player of mine arrived from Cuba.

He said "bla bla bla Oh I bought a few boxes of cigars"

okay he just got my attentions, I asked him what did you buy and where.

"Oh I bought some montecristo and cohiba"

where?

"on the black market, a guy that works at the factory"

I started laughing and replied "yeah the guy has a sister who has a husband who's brother father know the janitor of the factory, of course, im sorry to say you probably ended with fakes"

Well my dear LB coach started get defensive and said he checked them all, they were perfect, the bands were ok, I was laughing more
when I asked him what kind of cohiba he bought he didnt know, he started describing to me. Well he bought some esplendidos in a siglo IV box....
I was rolling on the field, with him pretending he got a good deal...... at 80$ a box

It's hard to be involved in cigars and not hear this tale. It's always the same, too.

Reminds me of The Flim Flam Man with George C. Scott.

I guess this leads to my question. Since Cohiba's are obviously the #1 faked cigar in the world, what legit places are actually selling them? Not asking for sources, but in general. In Cuba for instances, are their B&M's still selling fake Cohibas? I was recently in Cabo San Lucas and downtown they had a whole cigar shop dedicated to Cohiba's. I didn't buy any but it just makes me wonder. In my resort, they sold Cohibas in the gift shop. They weren't separated in any which way, just all in a case, each priced different (bigger ones were more, smaller ones were less). Below are some pictures. One is a Cohiba from the resort, the other is a picture of the boxes from the cigar shop down town next to Cabo Wabo Cantina. Sorry if they are big, but kept them that was to show detail.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

The Siglo VI Tubos look just like a real authentic box, but at we all know, that doesn't mean anything.

I've never heard a story like this first hand.

You gotta stop hanging around with morons. :laugh:

Does this guy respond to emails from Nigeria as well?

I'm reasonably sure that is a counterfeit.

Wilkey

Marilyn looks a little skeptical as well.

Haha, that's my wife's towel. It was funny, the resort we were at (Riu Palace) gave everyone the same towels each morning and everyone would go down around 8am and put their towels on their chairs. The only problem was that every towel and chair looked the same. The Marilyn towel came in very handy for those 10 days.

Oh man, he give lawyers a bad name. :laugh:

Is that even possible?????