• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12610]

VR Classicos Nov '99.  ROTT and smoking pretty good.  Smooth no edges.

Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 2015 robusto...definitely an early morning smoke.  Not a bad cigar, just really light and not overly complex; lots of cedar, a little bit of fruitiness and it picked up with some richer flavors towards the end.  The feeding frenzy over these and 2 stick limit at the local shop seem unwarranted when pretty much any regular production stick from any of the CH lines is overall (IMHO) a better smoke.  I got a fiver of the corona gordas and will try to make time for an actual review pretty soon.

zeemanb said:
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 2015 robusto...definitely an early morning smoke.  Not a bad cigar, just really light and not overly complex; lots of cedar, a little bit of fruitiness and it picked up with some richer flavors towards the end.  The feeding frenzy over these and 2 stick limit at the local shop seem unwarranted when pretty much any regular production stick from any of the CH lines is overall (IMHO) a better smoke.  I got a fiver of the corona gordas and will try to make time for an actual review pretty soon.
Thanks for the input. There is a lot of buzz about these right now. They are definitely on my radar.

Tonight's front porch selection is a Padron 64 Exclusivo Maddie paired with an ice cold Coca Cola.

zeemanb said:
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 2015 robusto...definitely an early morning smoke.  Not a bad cigar, just really light and not overly complex;
Glad I canceled my pre-order then.

zeemanb said:
Feeding frenzy is an understatement. I preordered 4 boxes months ago but have only smoked two so far since last week. I'm with you on the complexity and last third making for a better experience. I actually found the Toro to exhibit those prominent flavors at the second third making it more enjoyable than the Robusto. I have yet to try the corona gorda but am hoping all three sizes released settle down with a little time.

bucfan444 said:
Feeding frenzy is an understatement. I preordered 4 boxes months ago but have only smoked two so far since last week. I'm with you on the complexity and last third making for a better experience. I actually found the Toro to exhibit those prominent flavors at the second third making it more enjoyable than the Robusto. I have yet to try the corona gorda but am hoping all three sizes released settle down with a little time.
Anything they produce is definitely worth a try, and time could be a factor...these have had zero time to settle. I've read that their 2015 TAA will have some meat to it.

Bang for the buck as far as brand new/limited smokes goes to the RoMa Craft Neanderthal...if you like their stuff these will please.

Speaking of which, I smoked an Aquitaine Mode 5 on the way to work. Towards the end, the earthiness gave off a little "primate exhibit at the zoo" note, lol. From me that is high praise...barnyard on another level.

zeemanb said:
Anything they produce is definitely worth a try, and time could be a factor...these have had zero time to settle. I've read that their 2015 TAA will have some meat to it.
Bang for the buck as far as brand new/limited smokes goes to the RoMa Craft Neanderthal...if you like their stuff these will please.
Speaking of which, I smoked an Aquitaine Mode 5 on the way to work. Towards the end, the earthiness gave off a little "primate exhibit at the zoo" note, lol. From me that is high praise...barnyard on another level.
I'm just crazy with the RoMa Craft stuff. I have a 5'er of Neanderthal I have yet to try I've been sitting on since their release. I'm burning one tonight hell or high water.

Pardon 64 Exclusivo

And I got this Alec Bradley Fine and Rare '11 release, smooth.

Pardon Londres Maddie with a couple years. Only a few left but more are aging. :)

Yesterday while watching the painter prep the house for some big changes...
6fa3d1c6c6d53e86f76f60df4c70f8f8.jpg

Illusione 68 before dinner last night, and then a Neanderthal SGP afterwards.  Those little RoMa Crafts are hearty, highly recommended if you like the Cromagnon line.  Should have waited to try one, but I was impatient.  I look forward to seeing what some humi time does for these.

Started the morning with a '14 Crowned Heads Angels Anvil.  I think those and the newest Las Calaveras should both be renamed "just wait till the final third for the flavor!" Ended the morning rounds with a Gran Habano Corojo #5 robusto.  Can't remember where I even got it, but despite some wickedly bad construction issues I'd give them another try.  Good and full flavored, and it looks like you can pick them up pretty cheap.

Diamond Crown robusto followed by a Ashton VSG, both from '13. New smokes to me, and tasty.

Disappointing news at work on Monday... so I figured I'd make the day a little better with a once-in-a-lifetime type cigar experience:

gallery_7985_1339_47987.jpg

Tasting notes: Wow. 

Tonight is a Casa Fernandez Miami Petite Robusto.  Also pretty tasty.