• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

MichaelD said:

Crowned Heads Mason Dixon Southern Edition- the lighter Ecuadorian wrapped version. Have smoked 3 so far and for me it's an example of a limited edition that is easily eclipsed by any of the regular line. Just too short on flavor.
Have you tried the Maduro (northern) version? I prefer it. But you are right, I won't be missing these once they are no longer made.

Haven't tried that one yet, I think they have some at my local shop so I might give that one a shot.  Not a terrible smoke, and the construction was great, but just nothing there that stuck out flavorwise.

In keeping with the disappointing trend today, tried smoking a La Palina "Little Bill" perfecto earlier.  I can't remember what I paid for it, but it wasn't the $15-$19 retail price.  It was the most plugged, impossible to smoke cigar I can remember.  Re-clipped it, pretty much set it on fire to get it going, and when I used a draw poker it wouldn't make it all the way through and I'm pretty sure when I retrieved it I saw it spontaneously heal the hole like Wolverine.  No smoke, I mean not even a hint of smoke made it through that thing, tossed it pretty quick.  I've tried other La Palinas and while they don't stick out as must-have smokes, the Diario "Kill Bills" have some decent spice and excellent construction.  

edited for spelling

I finally get enough time to relax with a Herrera Esteli Lonsdale. Saweeeet!

Raided my new box and enjoyed an Illusione Rothchildes. Great little smoke. Enjoyed it until my fingers burned.

MichaelD said:
Raided my new box and enjoyed an Illusione Rothchildes. Great little smoke. Enjoyed it until my fingers burned.
My cab should arrive soon and you have increased my already prodigious anticipatory anxiety. :p

Walkdown cigar for today was an E.P. Carrillo EL 2012.  Good cigar but nothing to get excited about.

Corrected my blah Crowned Heads experience from yesterday with a Headley Grange Drumstick this morning. Hay and caramel...a limited edition smoke that should be in regular production.

LFDC Grandiosos Asia RE - ROL JUL 13. Thanks Kris.
42a040b86622a1cba01e177f406dddef.jpg

Walkdown cigar for today was a Padron '26 serie Maduro Churchill.  Found this one had some cracking on the wrapper and nothing fixes that better then burning it off.

Hotter then crap today so the oldest is in her pool while daddy has an Opus X Love Affair in his chair watching.  Felling better already.

Been smoking through the 2007 fun box.

Some of the best smokes I have ever smoked.

Had the Lancero yesterday. Really complex smokes. Earthy, fruity, spicy peppery . I am now an official Opus Whore.

Tried a Camacho Corojo. Medium in body, pleasant smoke and a really, really good draw and burn. I'll likely end up picking up more.

I smoked an Oliva Series G Belicoso (5x52) and I have to tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it with a cup of Brazilian dark roast. This caught me totally off guard as to it's flavor & balance being that it originates from Nicaragua and didn't have that heavy, dense tobacco taste. It was a mild/medium cigar with a nice bright, grassy undertone...I nubbed it, it was that good. Perfect morning cigar.

MichaelD said:

I bought a box of them when they first came out and didn't like them as much as I thought I would, so they just sat there...the only use they got were from me bombing guys with them. So just last night, I broke out two for my son & I to smoke and I have to say it was a great smoke. I don't know if 2 years in the humidor did them any better or my palette have shifted...but it was very enjoyable. 

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 700. I've been smoking these stogies for 5 years and I still enjoy them like the first day

My first Illusione ~eccj~ 20th Anniversary.  I know, I lose Illusione-whore credit for taking my time on trying it, but it was worth the wait.  Buttery, nutty, with some honey-sweetness and slightly peppery... very nice.  It obviously shares some DNA with the 15th and the Epernay, but it's sufficiently different to stay interesting.