• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

Last night shared a couple of Tatuaje Black Cazador with Rob (Nihon_Ni) at my house last night. Great company and great cigar.

Tonight... a Rafael Gonzales Panetelas Extra OPG MAR14. Always an exceptional smoke considering the great value IMO.
IMG_0272.JPG

It does that for me too on my phone. When I crop a very tiny bit off the top or bottom, it uploads upright. Rotating doesn't fix it.
When using your phone for forum pics, try making sure the phone is turned sideways with the camera button facing your right hand. Typically they will recognize this and post in the correct position that you took the photo.

It doesn't work if you try to take a photo looking straight down on a cigar sitting in an ashtray for example. I suspect the phones rotating screen feature has something to do with it.

It does that for me too on my phone. When I crop a very tiny bit off the top or bottom, it uploads upright. Rotating doesn't fix it.
Turn your phones the other way when taking the Pic. My Samsung used to do the same thing.

When using your phone for forum pics, try making sure the phone is turned sideways with the camera button facing your right hand. Typically they will recognize this and post in the correct position that you took the photo.

It doesn't work if you try to take a photo looking straight down on a cigar sitting in an ashtray for example. I suspect the phones rotating screen feature has something to do with it.
Turn your phones the other way when taking the Pic. My Samsung used to do the same thing.
Alright, I'll try this. But then shouldn't it post upright if I rotate the picture sideways though?

Alright, I'll try this. But then shouldn't it post upright if I rotate the picture sideways though?
All devices have an "up" side, just like a regular digital cameras. Once you find your phones UP side you will be fine, unless you want a portrait style image, then you have to edit it. Like said above, place the "button" on the right and that's usually the correct orientation (it's a right handers world still). (All phones and tablets take pictures in landscape, so the "top" will be one of the sides)

Which do you have IOS or Android?

All devices have an "up" side, just like a regular digital cameras. Once you find your phones UP side you will be fine, unless you want a portrait style image, then you have to edit it. Like said above, place the "button" on the right and that's usually the correct orientation (it's a right handers world still). (All phones and tablets take pictures in landscape, so the "top" will be one of the sides)

Which do you have IOS or Android?
IOS. I usually like my pics to be portrait and not landscape. I've just gotten used to snipping a tiny bit of the picture off lol Phones can be annoying and my laptop needs a new motherboard :(

IOS. I usually like my pics to be portrait and not landscape. I've just gotten used to snipping a tiny bit of the picture off lol Phones can be annoying and my laptop needs a new motherboard :(
Yes, your edit is also rotating the original image. So that solution works for you, but either way it's a pain, you will always have to "touch" it in some way to fix the orientation unless you take the pic in landscape with the phone correctly orientated. I'm an Android users and found a free simple photo editor app called Reduce Photo Size. It's fast and simple and lets me rotate, reduce and rename the file at the same time. Extra steps yes, but it only takes about 20 seconds to run through the process, then my files are ready for a quick upload.

PS: now a day's it probably cheaper to buy a new laptop then replace a MB, less you have a warranty....

Yes, your edit is also rotating the original image. So that solution works for you, but either way it's a pain, you will always have to "touch" it in some way to fix the orientation unless you take the pic in landscape with the phone correctly orientated. I'm an Android users and found a free simple photo editor app called Reduce Photo Size. It's fast and simple and lets me rotate, reduce and rename the file at the same time. Extra steps yes, but it only takes about 20 seconds to run through the process, then my files are ready for a quick upload.

PS: now a day's it probably cheaper to buy a new laptop then replace a MB, less you have a warranty....
All this work just to share photos lol Thanks for your help though. And yes, I agree about it being cheaper for sure. But I bought an Alienware 4 years ago (old for a computer, I know) but the motherboard crapped out a couple years ago and I felt that was so premature especially considering how much I paid for it. They don't carry it anymore and I don't know how to replace it myself so I'm sort of SOL.

Had a Opus 5 while running errands, then had a Maximus robusto while grilling. Perfect Sunday.
MCMR.jpg

Last edited:
All this work just to share photos lol Thanks for your help though. And yes, I agree about it being cheaper for sure. But I bought an Alienware 4 years ago (old for a computer, I know) but the motherboard crapped out a couple years ago and I felt that was so premature especially considering how much I paid for it. They don't carry it anymore and I don't know how to replace it myself so I'm sort of SOL.
I can help you with that! I'll PM you later when I get home.