• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat down today and smoked 2 different Johnnie-O's today. The first one was while I was waiting for some work to get done on the car. The other I smoked while watching 2 movies with a friend I've known since Feb 1995. As it will be the last smoke we have for a while. I plan on a hell of a weekend for cigar smoking.

After I bury my best friend, I have an all star line up. Its going to range from Opus X, Dunhill's, and even a Davidoff. I will try to review them all and they will be a delayed written review since the Surgery is May 6th, 2009. May 4th will be pretty much the heavy hitters and the rest will be whatever I feel I should smoke as my last cigars for a few months.

This concludes my last post on CP for awhile now and hopefully I will be back in a couple of weeks as my normal self with the exception of not smoking of course. Take care all and see you later.

Today I ran to the B&M to pick up some Illusione. I wanted a few MK's but they only had Eccj's and 2's, so I went with a couple of the Eccj. I was REALLY disappointed in this stick. It started off completely tasteless, then it finally came around. As soon as it the last 3rd it went out. I ashed it, so I could relight, and it was like they completely forgot to put tobacco in that section. I clipped it and put fire to it again...ended up tossing it.

Looking forward to having a Gurkha Class Regent Toro tonight! :cool:

Tatuaje Regio Reserva that I got from Jonesy...unbelievable smoke, I def need to find some more of the these!

CAO Criollo Pampas earlier, then a LFD Habano Corona.

Just smoked a Le Hoyo Du Depute from 99. These are great little smokes.

Looking forward to having a Gurkha Class Regent Toro tonight! :cool:

Wow, well, this was a pleasant surprise! I had bought a couple ten packs of these on CBid after trying one out that I took in a pass. The one I took from the pass was an outstanding stick, it was absolutely delicious, and so I was eager to get my hands on more. When I recieved the ones from CBid, I was sorely dissapointed as they were very harsh, with none of the smooth, creamy flavor profile that I was hoping for. I let them be for about a month, and when I fired this one up tonight, it was excellent! I think that with a few more months that these will be a lot better, hopefully it was just a sick period that has now passed.

Had an Opus #4, my first in this vitola. It was from this past winter delivery. Normally I thoroughly enjoy the smaller ring gauge, as my time is normally limited up to an hour. I did not enjoy this and I am hoping the rest will come around after napping for a few years. While I can easily smoke a #5, robusto or ff without a beverage to enjoy the different flavors, this seemed to be just an overwhelming powerful cigar. Basically a punch in the gut. If I could make a comparison, I equate this vitola to the xXx.

Thx
Bob

Yesterday's double header consisted of

Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro May 07
Cohiba Piramide EL 2006

Enjoyed the VR for a solid 1.5 hours, no complaints. The Cohiba on the other hand was ok except for the most important factor, taste. :(

gurkha- grand reserve: 2nd try with a the gurkha and I was very happy with this smoke. the louis VIII was a great compliment to this beauty. The only other that i've tried is the Ancient warrior: very good as well

Just finished a Cuesta Rey Stanford Cameroon Reserve Churchill. Great as always though the wrapper cracked as i smoked it. Anyone else find these wrappers to be very fragile? Even my AF Hemingways aren't this fragile.

I had to go to a family reunion today, so the following met their death:

Cubao #5
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 Roubsto
CAO America Potomac
Padilla Miami Lancero

Finished an H. Upmann Sir Winston a while ago, now I'm working on an Ashton VSG Illusion.

Monte #2 and later a La Aurora 1495 churchill. Enjoyed them both a lot.

After a few days off from smoking I re-introduced my palate to this fantastic hobby with an 858 Maduro. I've never been let down by one of these and this sucker is smoking great right now!

After a few days off from smoking I re-introduced my palate to this fantastic hobby with an 858 Maduro. I've never been let down by one of these and this sucker is smoking great right now!

Told you those were a damn good smoke and never let ya down.

I just finished up an Anejo #48 that was fantastic! The few bigger length Anejo I've smoked have been a let down for me but this was one spot on. The flavor was typical Anejo the whole way through and I took my time. I believe it took me around 2 1/2 hours to smoke as I enjoyed my Sunday evening on the patio.

Piedra Cremas this morning with coffee. Unlike most other CCs that are my first go around, this one, I neglected to do any research on. I attempted to compare this to some other petit coronas I've smoked, and left myself quite disappointed. Draw was on the tight side, and picking the damn short filler out of my teeth all the way through the first third was a pain in the balls. Flavor was earthy, distinctively from the island, and had some intermitted sweet and creamy draws in the 2nd half. Heated up kind of easy, but I nubbed this one to about 3/4 inch.

Then I did my research.

If this is the ISOM version of a Phillie, White Owl, Blackwood, etc (and I don't mean for splitting the wrapper and putting your own filler in), then HOLY COW!!!! My 'source' has these for UNDER $35/box. Thats $1.40 per cigar. While not on par with an RASCC, RyJ Short Church, or any other cigar close to that vitola, its also about 1/4 of the price. For less than a buck fifty, it is classic CC aroma, and not something you'd be upset at burning incorrectly on a windy day, or getting a few blades of grass in your mouth while mowing the loan. A exceptional go-to CC, budget or not.

Still haven't decided on tonite's smoke. All the good stuff is a little too fresh to light.....there is a white labeled Illusione somewhere on the bottom of the humi thats had plenty of rest....

Tatuaje Cojonu 2009
Hoyo De Monteray - Epicure Especial (Needs a lot more time)
Casa Magna
Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Romeo Y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2 while relaxing on the patio this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.