• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad smoking day yesterday:

H. Upmann Monarch - was too plugged to smoke
Cruz Real - Horrible cigar.

Smoked a few this weekend...

CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Pefecto
Tatuaje Miami Especial
Partagas Serie D No. 4 (MAS DIC 08)
Cain F 550 Habano
Casa Fernandez Cuban Seed Corojo 2006 Toro
E.P. Carillo Short Run Populare

Siglo II. It's been a few weeks since I had one, and it they could use more time to settle in. Going to give them a few months.
I've gone through a few cabs of these and age is a factor with this one. They are pretty good young but get damn good after some serious down time.

Thanks for the tip, brother. I will do my best to stay away from them for a good while. I would have to agree that they are pretty good now, but they have legs.

Smoking a Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos for a night cap. Delicious cigar, I keep the ash tray close with this one to enjoy the exquisite aroma coming off of it. This one never disappoints, a good way to end the day.
I love those little things. There was much speculation when they came out as to what age would do to them. They are already well aged tobacco - more so than most Cubans at release.

It's hard to age Cubans when you don't have many cigars, relatively speaking. This is why you get a perception of Cuban cigar snobbery! :D If you can afford to age Cubans, you either have enough money to buy plenty and store them untouched. Or you don't smoke many cigars. Or both.

Speaking of young Cubans, I'm smoking a Hoyo Epicure #2 that has just over a year on it. I was putting together samplers for a sale and one found it's way to a match. These have loads of flavor right now but lack the subtle complexity they will develop over the next couple of years. That is often the trade-off.

I smoked an Anejo #48 today while washing the car and then finished the rest while relaxing in the pool.

Enjoyed a Benchmade cazadores while taking the dogs on a walk in the sweltering heat this evening. While they aren't the most reliable smoke, this one was great! :thumbs:

Brandon

I got together with some members of the KC Cigar Club this evening and enjoyed a Partagas Limited Reserve Decades #1 and a Johnny-O Baby Salomones.

98 ERDM Coronas de Luxe
That sounds like a tasty smoke!

I'm just finishing my first WOAM from the box I got from Jim. Damn fine smoke. I never had a WOAM that was this new and it was as enjoyable as many aged ones I've had.

Yesterday an Illusione ~2~ And Crown of Thorns. It was my first example of this vitola, and while I have enjoyed other Illusione cigars, the ~2~ did not impress me.

Oliva Serie V Belicoso tonight while I study. First half was great, but it suffered some tar buildup after the halfway point. A quick reclip w/ the Xikar and it was good to go.

I smoked an unknown Opus X today on my way back from Houston. Unfortunately it had mold on it. Damn cedar and the first time I've ever seen mold on a Opus X. I acquired it in a trade. It wasn't horrible.

Padron 1926 #35 Maduro, gifted by an outstanding brother. My first Padron outside of their regular production. Sooooo good! :love:

1926.jpg

Today I smoked a Padron 1964 Exclusivo Natural No. 456389 . . . walked into a local cigar shop, looking to get a 2000, guy said he had a new box of the exclusivo naturals he wanted to get rid of, pulled out a brand new box wrapped in cellophane, proceeded to open the box up and tell me he would give me a "great deal" on the box . . . I asked how much? He did some calculations and came back with a price of $360!!! But since he had just opened a brand new box, I decided to be polite and at least buy one single from it . . . cost me $20! Singles are half that on neptunecigar

But Senior Padron didn't let me down. Once I started smoking it, I forgot about overpaying and just enjoyed a great cigar in the beautiful San Diego sunshine.

I really need to get back to my own humidor so I don't have to keep overpaying to enjoy a good smoke!

**apologies for the rant!**

I have smoked many Boli PC's and CJ's. However I just cracked open my first box of Boli RC's (Mar '09) and proceeded to grab one for my evening dog walk. What I am trying to figure out is, why did it take me so long to try one of these, since I have always enjoyed Boli's? It had all the flavor of the PC, yet it just tasted a little more mello/aged. I rarely nub a cigar anymore, however this deserved a 'nubbing' and I was happy to do it. Now I have to make sure I don't blow through this box too fast.

-Bob

Last night an Illusion Epernay Le Ferme. Great flavors initially, and the wrapper was gorgeous, but the construction was subpar. The draw was loose, ash flowered and the cigar tunneled for the first half. By the second half it was turning bitter. Overall...disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.