• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had me one of these on Saturday.

Tat2009.jpg

Good draw, great taste. It's moderately complex, medium body. Nice relaxing smoke. No burn issues. I needed this.

Found a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II buried in my old humidor today that I surprisingly enjoyed. I recall getting these in a CI sampler many, many beers ago, but can't quite remember what my impression of them was.

Padron Londres mad. while sitting on the back porch in ME. Fantastic view and super relaxing.

Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale this afternoon, sent from bruddah Dave :thumbs: What a flavorful smoke, it had a sort of Cuban profile to it. Never had a NC like it. Very, very good.

Glad you liked it John, I blame Jorel for getting me started on those damn 'spensive smokes...........but in a good way!
thumbs-up.gif

I found a LFD mysterio I had gotten in a pass (a put from Punk Lawyer) and fired it up while walking the dogs. Wasn't expecting much in the beginning but by the middle it was a nice, strong flavorful smoke.

Was fortunate to get my hands a on a few AF Rosado Gran Reserva R52s. Wow was I surprised. The sweetness inherent to that wrapper is amazing. Definitely a welcome change of pace from the standard full bodied smoke, without having to sacrifice complexity. Overall, the stick was very tame and mellow. Beautiful burn as I only had to ash twice on a windy, humid Houston night.

CAO Brasilia Gol!

I had a handful of salted almonds about halfway through this stick, and it tasted friggin' awesome.

Took my laptop out to the deck last night to get some work done and brought a Rocky Patel Sun Grown toro with me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either.

Took my laptop out to the deck last night to get some work done and brought a Rocky Patel Sun Grown toro with me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either.

We had no power in the shop yesterday so I sent the guys home and worked by generator and flashlight. Without them here I lit up a young Anejo 49 and a Panacea White Label. Both were pretty tasty and made me forget it was 105 degrees with no moving air in the shop.

We had no power in the shop yesterday so I sent the guys home and worked by generator and flashlight. Without them here I lit up a young Anejo 49 and a Panacea White Label. Both were pretty tasty and made me forget it was 105 degrees with no moving air in the shop.

Couple days ago I finished a 2007 Boli RC, which I believed was from your group buy back in 2008.
I actually like the fresh Boli RC better than this aged one. Nonetheless, it is a very very good smoke regardless of the age.

Yesterday:

SC El Principe x2 (EAR MAR 01) Freaking amazing cigar.

Today:

Illusione ~68~
AVO 22

Had a Rocky Patel Decade, and a Tatuaje Reserva....both were nice. The Decade was pleasant, but the Reserva was smooooth!

Yesterday:

SC El Principe x2 (EAR MAR 01) Freaking amazing cigar.

Today:

Illusione ~68~
AVO 22
I was lighting my first '01 SCDLH EP when Jason called as he was just finishing his first. ???

We agreed to agree ... we like them alot. :laugh: We also noticed we were smoking the same cigar at the same time AGAIN!

Vulcan Cigar Mind Meld? :p

Had a couple Tat Verocu #5, too. My new favorite cigar.:love:

Obsidian Belicoso

Did I just smoke a cigar? Any cigar? What was that? Zero flavor. I mean, I couldn't even taste a tobacco flavor. This is supposed to be a full flavor stick. I expected... something. Anything. No discernible smell to the smoke, either. Guess I'll come back to the other three in a few months...

If it wasn't for the fact that I still have home runs more often than "WTF"'s, I'd start to think something is wrong with my humidor. In the last week, included in the duds were a Padron 2000, two Indian Tabac Maduro Super Fuertes (one was dry enough inside to crumble while the other was a "juicy cigar", though I had probably three others from the same shelf in the humi that were great), and this Obsidian. Granted, none of the bad sticks were aged at all, really, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know. I'll keep rotating through what I have and see if I have any more stinkers before I start to really get worried. The Padron might have been explained to me, so I'll give another one a shot before I form an opinion either way on that one. The Indian Tabacs have me puzzled, though.

Obsidian Belicoso

Did I just smoke a cigar? Any cigar? What was that? Zero flavor. I mean, I couldn't even taste a tobacco flavor. This is supposed to be a full flavor stick. I expected... something. Anything. No discernible smell to the smoke, either. Guess I'll come back to the other three in a few months...

If it wasn't for the fact that I still have home runs more often than "WTF"'s, I'd start to think something is wrong with my humidor. In the last week, included in the duds were a Padron 2000, two Indian Tabac Maduro Super Fuertes (one was dry enough inside to crumble while the other was a "juicy cigar", though I had probably three others from the same shelf in the humi that were great), and this Obsidian. Granted, none of the bad sticks were aged at all, really, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know. I'll keep rotating through what I have and see if I have any more stinkers before I start to really get worried. The Padron might have been explained to me, so I'll give another one a shot before I form an opinion either way on that one. The Indian Tabacs have me puzzled, though.

A lot of it can do with what you've eaten or an acidic beverage you may have had prior to smoking or during the smoke.

Finally tried a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label. It sure was an excellent smoke. Picked up a My Father La Bijou for later too. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.