• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a LFD L400 last night at an event, pretty good smoke. Now I have a couple of double ligeros to try when I have the time.
Don't forget about the Air Benders. Great LFD when you don't feel like going overboard on the strength.
It was a temptation, I've got to work my way out of this maduro phase I'm in... slowly but surely :D

I smoked a few of the new 858 SG's and Cuban Belicoso's between yesterday and today. Even with a temp past 104 F today, it didn't stop me. :D

CAO La Traviata this morning. Although I've purchased it a few times before, I always ended up giving it to a friend to enjoy on the local greens. Glad I finally tried it, good smoke.

Just smoked an Oliva Serie V double robo from a box bought in '07. Did not do it for me anymore. Gonna pass the rest out to some friends that are kinda new to the cigar scene and see if they like it.

Started the evening with a Casa Magna toro, and finishing now with a Gurkha Ninja perfecto . . . haven't smoked Gurkhas in ages, but I had a Warlock 'busto recently, gifted by a friend, that was damn good, so I thought I'd try this one since perfectos are a favorite roll of mine and not all that common anymore. It's pretty good, and I think I'll be buying more. :thumbs:

~Boar

Smoking my first Vegueros Especiales #2. Not a bad little smoke!

Decided to smoke a VSG Wizard since I wanted a full bodied smoke and I wanted a change of pace. Great cigar to walk the dogs and puff on, even had a lot left over to watch some TV with. Those new "round" robustos are looking very reachable! :laugh:

I have a golf course about two minutes away from my house that I don't play much, so me and a few Tat Regios are gonna go smack it around.

A 2003 Camacho 11/18

303720_183239908416414_100001912190806_427465_935659_n.jpg

One of those Ave Maria cigars from CI, gifted by a friend. He told me they were so so, lit it while washing the van. He was right. Meh.

Finished the night with an Opus pussy cat from John/IAP, such a good smoke from such a little cigar! And the band came off without tearing the wrapper to shreds, another plus.

One of those Ave Maria cigars from CI, gifted by a friend. He told me they were so so, lit it while washing the van. He was right. Meh.

Finished the night with an Opus pussy cat from John/IAP, such a good smoke from such a little cigar! And the band came off without tearing the wrapper to shreds, another plus.
Sorry to hear the mediocre view of the Ave Maria. It has such promising hype (see "well deserved praise" on CI's site) :p It was mostly the sweet and complex comments that caught my eye. Been searching for a regular production stick that resembles the Rosado Gran Reserva from AF.

Over the pas two days I have enjoyed:
WOAM
Tat Pork Tenderloin
Tat Federal 90th
Opus xXx
Both cigars for the 2010 TAA Set

Not one was a dissapointment

After the temperature dropped around 7pm I was able to sit down with a buddy and enjoy a couple of RyJ Churchill's.

Had a Tat 7th Capa Especial last night. It was pretty good, but I think I like the Reserva better.

Had a WOAM and a Padron 45th Maduro, both of which are a first revisit. WOAM was a lot better than the first one I had. The 45th kicked my ass, was not expecting it at all. I actually got a little nic poisoning from it...definitely gonna let the next set sit for a couple of years before trying again.

Sorry to hear the mediocre view of the Ave Maria. It has such promising hype (see "well deserved praise" on CI's site) :p It was mostly the sweet and complex comments that caught my eye. Been searching for a regular production stick that resembles the Rosado Gran Reserva from AF.

When I first started, I bought into all kinds of labels CI had written praise about, some were actually spot on, and the rest were written by somebody at Hallmark Cards. Now that I kind of know what I like to smoke (which is still pretty broad), I make better decisions with my money. This was a freebie so I didn't have any expectations which could skew my opinion. I don't know if Ave Maria is gonna be a regular production stick, it is pretty new. BUT, it has a pretty label so at least I have another band to one day glue down. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.