• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Toscano cigars - humidor or not ?

Mr.Smoke

Hello,

I tried recently a few Toscanello cigars. I found them to be a very tasty, quick smoke.
I am curious how do you store them, in a humidor or not ? I ask that because i've read on the internet that they are dry-cured cigars so is no need to keep them in a humidor. In fact someone was saying  on other forum that they actually taste bad if kept in a humidor. 
Here is where i read 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toscano_(cigar)
What is your experience ?

Mr.Smoke said:
Hello,

I tried recently a few Toscanello cigars. I found them to be a very tasty, quick smoke.
I am curious how do you store them, in a humidor or not ? I ask that because i've read on the internet that they are dry-cured cigars so is no need to keep them in a humidor. In fact someone was saying  on other forum that they actually taste bad if kept in a humidor. 
Here is where i read 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toscano_(cigar)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toscano_(cigar)
What is your experience ?
Never heard of them. Mayba a more experienced Brother will chime in.

Barp, how about you read the rules of CP and post a proper intro before going around and posting? ;-)

Insect repellants require no humidification.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Insect repellants require no humidification.

Doc
That might be a good ideea. I'll try to put one near the window, maybe that will stop mosquitoes to enter my room  :laugh:

@louich,   i did post an intro some time ago...

Catalin

Hey, read it on ItalianSmokes that you should store it between a humidity of 65%-75% with the cellophane wrapper on. However you shouldn't mix them with other cigars. Hope this helps :)

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply.
I had the chance to compare a dried toscano to one kept in the humidor. The one in the humidor was much better. 
So now it's clear for me - humidor wins 

A spammer is a spammer my friend more often that not they are new member because they are unmasked quickly and nothing more.

Matt Rushmore said:
I see the locals are still going out of their way to make the new guys feel welcome. 

Oh kee-ripes.  Take a Midol and a deep breath and get over yourself.

JHolmes763 said:
 However you shouldn't mix them with other cigars.

Why is that? Or are you just here to spam about a website?

Well apparently mixing them with other fresh tobacco might change its flavours.
Anyway, I'm Italian and Toscano is an Italian cigar :/ and searching "toscano cigars" on google pops that website as the first few results.

MichaeldeL said:

However you shouldn't mix them with other cigars.

Why is that? Or are you just here to spam about a website?

Well apparently mixing them with other fresh tobacco might change its flavours.
Anyway, I'm Italian and Toscano is an Italian cigar :/ and searching "toscano cigars" on google pops that website as the first few results.

Thank you for coming back and answering the questions. I don't understand how the flavor would change much, since these aren't flavored or anything, as I understand it.

Hi John, they are not flavored, but they have a very specific aroma, i think they are smoked or something. But they are coming in a carboard box and then each individual cigar is wraped in cellophane. I kept mine in their original box, this way there is  no aroma excange.

Mr. Smoke, do we know what leaves and where they come from? Also, are they mild, medium or full bodied? Do they remind you of anything close that is Dom or Nic? I've seen them for sale, but you are the first BOTL I can recall who has brought them up here.

Pugman1943 said:
Mr. Smoke, do we know what leaves and where they come from? Also, are they mild, medium or full bodied? Do they remind you of anything close that is Dom or Nic? I've seen them for sale, but you are the first BOTL I can recall who has brought them up here.
Hello, i only smoked Toscanello and Toscano Classico. All i know is they use  Italian Kentucky tabaco. These cigars don't have a binder, just filler and wraper. I find classico to be medium body. The flavors are toasty, woody and earthy if i may say so... 
I cut them in half and smoke them with cofee, very nice little (and cheap) smoke.