• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 101

mp928

UFC 101: Declaration is this Saturday. I just wanted to see what you all thought of the fights. I'm kind of mixed on this card, but I'll be watching regardless! Any predictions?

MAIN CARD

* Champ B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian (for UFC lightweight title)
* Champ Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin (non-title fight) (at 205lbs)
* Johny Hendricks vs. Amir Sadollah
* Ricardo Almeida vs. Kendall Grove
* Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellgrino

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shane Nelson vs. Aaron Riley
* John Howard vs. Tamdan McCrory
* Thales Leites vs. Alessio Sakara
* Dan Cramer vs. Matthew Riddle
* George Roop vs. George Sotiropoulos
* Jesse Lennox vs. Danillo Villefort

I gotta go with my boy forrest, he has always been my favorite fighter

I've got Penn over Florian and Silva over Griffin!!! I think they're both going to be AWESOME fights!!!

P.S. I was getting ready to post this exact same thread in about 10 minutes!!! Good thing this got bumped..

Tough call on those two fights in my opinion...BJ Penn is a freak of nature and Kenny Florian is a badass so I don't know..I guess I will pick BJ even though I like Florian more.
I will go with Forrest just because I like him a lot....I think Silvia is the better fighter though.

Hopefully the fights turn out to be as good as they should be.

Griffin beats Silva, Florian beats Penn.

Gutsy calls! I just checked the lines on the fight, and Griffin is +250 as of right now. Could be a good bet! Florian isn't quite as good of a bet at +190.

I think Forrest will have a great game plan, but I just am not sure if he will be able to execute his plan better than Anderson. Forrest is a huge guy. He should use his size to control the hell out of Anderson.. Also, I really hope that BJ can pick himself up after his last loss. I think BJ pulls this one out.

Also, Pulling for "Big Dog" Ricardo Almeida. He's actually the slight favorite over Kendall.

I really like Griffin too, but I think he may be outmatched by Silva. The Penn/Florian card is a tough call, gonna go with Florian, just because I like him... Wish I could watch it.

After seeing this thread I wanted to catch the fight but I didn't want to shell out $45 so I followed the play by play at sherdog.com. Griffin/Silva didn't last long. Anybody know if they re-broadcast these fights like boxing does?

I don't think that the fights are re-broadcast on TV, but on UFC's homepage, you can pay a couple bucks for individual fights and watch them there "on demand". The fight's weren't that great, but it is almost worth paying the few bucks to watch the 3 minutes and 23 second fight to see how unreal Silva really is. It is amazing to see someone that good do what he does best! He stood there, hands down, and Griffin could not hit him. The ending was unbelievable to watch!

I feel bad for Forrest. He's a good guy, but Silva just makes everyone look bad in the cage

In about 6 months you will be able to see most of these fight on spike. If you cant wait I agree that the 3 bucks a fight is not all that bad, just stay away from undercard fight unless you have read a review.

That sucks that Griffin went out like that...Maybe he was seeing too many stars and had to get the hell out of there...That didn't seem like something Griffin would do..dissapointing to see him run away like that.

Question is now, who the hell is next for Silva? Rashad? Machida?

The news for Forrest is getting worse. Here is a section from one of the popular MMA blogs:

"The Griffin camp confirmed earlier this morning his jaw was in fact dislocated and, from their standpoint, required immediate medical attention. Griffin was unable to hear out of one ear, according to the report."

Question is now, who the hell is next for Silva? Rashad? Machida?

Apparently, it was announced at the post fight press conference that Diego Sanchez is up next for Penn which should be a good one, and Dan Handerson is "probably" up next for Silva according to Dana White.

Here is what was written about a future Silva/Machida match-up:

"When Silva was asked if he would ever challenge Lyoto Machida for the light-heavyweight belt, Dana White interrupted, saying "If Anderson gets to that point where he starts taking out 205-pounders, I’ll make that fight. I promise you, I’ll make that fight.” As usual, Silva stonewalled: "Lyoto’s my friend. He’s my brother, and there’s no way that fight will happen...And also not just because (Lyoto’s) my friend. (Lyoto would) be a big problem for me.”"

Well....so much for my predictions! I was wrong on both. I really thought Griffin would give Silva a good fight. I mean, I know Silva is a better fighter than Griffin and I figured he would probably win but I thought Forrest would at least make it tough for him. I was very surprised when Forrest just quit the way he did and then ran out of the arena. It was very uncharactoristic of him. I guess now I understand that he was hurt alot worse that it looked. As for Penn, he's just an incredible technical fighter. I thought Florian could beat him though if he could keep to his feet. As soon as Penn took him to the ground it was just a matter of time before he got him.

Now, I want to see Silva fight Rashad Evans!

I didn't know Griffin was hurt that badly. I know my brothers-in-law were saying it looked like it was a setup. I told them that Griffin probably just came out with a game plan, didn't stick to it, let Silva lure him in, then got embarrassed about it. It really sucked cause I really love Griffin as well and thought it was going to be an awesome fight but it just didn't turn out that way.

P.S. Here's a picture of my baby boy from last night... Yeah, we're Silva fans!

gallery_10411_1247_13752.jpg

Man, I missed giving my predictions. I really like Forrest, but Silva is just a machine. And Penn is friggin stout too, I missed the fights, but the outcomes really didn't surprise me too much. Hey B.Dawson, did you give away a free fiver to someone on that fight too :)

Back