• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upmann #2-tester

Inthacup

Puchased a box of Upmann #2s a few months ago. Box code is from late 03. I realised I needed somthing to compare the others to once they've gotten some age on them so I figured I'd try one. Visually, they're some of the prettiest sticks in my humi. They have a deep reddish-brown wrapper. If I didn't know better, I would think it was a misbanded Opus ;) . In addition, they are very oily. Is this the norm for all Upmanns? This is my first box so I have no frame of reference.

Anyway, pre-light, the draw is a little tight. There is no spiciness, but a creamy, nutty flavor(definitely not a misbanded Opus :p ). After lighting up, the draw is a little tight, but I don't have to work too much and I get more of the nutty flavor I noticed pre-light.

After about an inch, the draw loosens and becomes quite enjoyable. It was medium bodied throughout. Even towards the end, it never got to hot and was never really spicy. However, the flavors were always pleasant. There was a hint of youth on the finish but not nearly as bad as other young ISOMs I've smoked lately.

Overall, a pleasant experience, but with age, I think they'll develop tremendously. Also, I think the tightness was partly due to the considerable oiliness.

Cup

I had one from Feb. '03. It had a smooth wrapper and a leathery/grassy taste to it. I wasn't getting a lot of smoke out of it though. And it was definitely mild-medium the whole cigar :thumbs:

Great review man!

I have found many of the 03 cubans smoke pretty good fresh. I've smoked a few #2's and Maggs 46 and think they'll continue to get better and better. It'll be interesting to see if they hit a sick period or not.

I'm about to touch on a subject that everyone ill have there own opinion about but I found when I moved my humidity down about two years ago from 67/68 to 63/64 I have had next to no draw problems on any cigar.