• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

They'll have one of the best defenses in the league.

Better than average chance of going deep into the playoffs.

They need a more experienced QB to run the show...........can you say Brett?

I don't want Brett!!

I'm not saying I love Jackson, I just don't want Favre. Leave me alone, I don't know why. lol

I don't want Brett!!

I'm not saying I love Jackson, I just don't want Favre. Leave me alone, I don't know why. lol

Yeah, I know its kinda strange after hating him all these years.

But then I'd take a Elton John if I thought he could run the offense and get us a Super Bowl.

I don't want Brett!!

But then I'd take a Elton John if I thought he could run the offense and get us a Super Bowl.

I'm not sure how good of a QB he would make. I've heard reports that he prefers to play the receiver position.

:whistling:

I don't want Brett!!

I'm not sure how good of a QB he would make. I've heard reports that he prefers to play the receiver position.

Harsh... yet so funny. :D

I don't want Brett!!

Gives a whole new meaning to "he's going deep". :laugh:

Minn Vikings == Chicago Cubs.

Same team with the same curse. Just a different sport.

I think you Viking fans are going to be very happy with Mr. Jackson this year. I thought he progressed quite well last year. What impresses me most is he doesn't make many stupid mistakes. He plays within his game and is fairly efficient. Yeah, he threw more INTs than TDs but look at Troy Aikman and many QBs early on. Heck, the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and the Vikes are built much like that Ravens team. Strong Def and a good ground game. Too bad my Cowboys won't let the Vikes get to the Super Bowl this year. :whistling:

I think you Viking fans are going to be very happy with Mr. Jackson this year. I thought he progressed quite well last year. What impresses me most is he doesn't make many stupid mistakes. He plays within his game and is fairly efficient. Yeah, he threw more INTs than TDs but look at Troy Aikman and many QBs early on. Heck, the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and the Vikes are built much like that Ravens team. Strong Def and a good ground game. Too bad my Cowboys won't let the Vikes get to the Super Bowl this year. :whistling:
Jackson will be a big part of it, but were I a Vikings fan I would be more worried about a possible "sophomore slump" coming from Adrian Peterson.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great RB, but now that teams have had some time to really study the film and see how he runs and how the Vikings call games and their schemes I wouldn't be surprised if he's easier to stop. There just seems to be a lot of RBs lately that have breakout years followed by a reduction in production. I hope for my BIL's sake that Childress is a good enough coach to make the needed adjustments to help avoid any potential slump.

The defense will be their strength, for sure. Chicago proved a couple of years ago that good defense can take you far in the NFC North.

Good point about AP. Everything I've read on fantasy football has him as the #2 pick and real football prognosticators have him as the next Walter Payton. I just think his injury history is going to shelve him before he lives up to his legend. I'm thinking a Billy Sims kind of carrier here for him. Luckily the Vikes have a very good back up in Chester Taylor.

I don't want Brett!!

No chance, he plays baseball(catcher).

Come on you gotta get past my Lions first!!!!

Uhmm, uhhh, nevermind Ill slip back into my hole.

Come on you gotta get past my Lions first!!!!

Uhmm, uhhh, nevermind Ill slip back into my hole.

:laugh:

You never know. That's what I like about this part of the season. Everybody is even and everybody's hopes are up. Of course we all know it's going to be a Black & Gold Super Bowl party. :thumbs:

Even near the end of last year teams seemed to start to really figure AP out. I hope that's not a trend that continues through the season. Hell, i'd like to see him break his own record from last year and run for 300+ in a game. =)

We'll see. This time of year everyone is always making predictions and so many of them are wrong, so it's just impossible to say what's going to happen. I'd love to see the Vikes go deep in the playoffs, but I have a hard time getting my hopes up. I'm still hung up on 98' ....

Even near the end of last year teams seemed to start to really figure AP out. I hope that's not a trend that continues through the season. Hell, i'd like to see him break his own record from last year and run for 300+ in a game. =)

We'll see. This time of year everyone is always making predictions and so many of them are wrong, so it's just impossible to say what's going to happen. I'd love to see the Vikes go deep in the playoffs, but I have a hard time getting my hopes up. I'm still hung up on 98' ....

I think they keyed in on AP cause they had no real threats other than him. With the addition of Berrian as a deep threat and Rice coming back from a pretty impressive rookie year also T Jack having another year under his belt they may have to play the pass honestly.

The only concern I have is if AP will stay healthy and if T Jack has made some big time improvement.

Try watching the Vikes going down in every Super Bowl they ever played and '98 will seem like nothing. :laugh: