• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

Not sure how you can pin that on Jackson?

I didn't blame the loss on Jackson. I said he wasn't a quality QB. Yeah he made a couple of good throws, but he made just as many bad ones. :angry:

I'm talking about leading the team down the field with 2 minutes to go and tossing the ball away...a quality QB wills his team to victory. :rolleyes:

He showed he's just an ordinary QB, the league is full of them. I don't see much improvement over last year and Childress should take the blame for bringing him along. :angry:

Out played and out coached again. Chili 0-5 vs. Packers. :angry:

At least Tice could win a game against GB. :(

TJack blows!

Another terrible performence. Chili needs to swallow his pride and sit him now. Culpepper would be a better QB I know he has some game left in him.

You saw a big time QB with a bad wheel bring his team back in the 4th quarter.

That's what I've been talking about.

I have not missed a Viking game in well over 15 yrs. Seen them all!

And I can with out a doubt state that Brad Childress is the worst football coach I have ever seen at any level.

His offense lacks any imagination at all. Zero creativity or innovation. He calls the same stupid plays with Jackson at QB that he did with Brad Johnson or Brooks Bollinger. It's no wonder every QB has looked terrible since he was brought on board.

I'm no means a huge Tarvris Jackson fan, but Childress is flat out ruining this kids career. Every pass play called is either a 3 yrd dump off, a 7 yrd slant or a 50 yrd bomb. Not really thinking outside the box. Childress has the most exciting RB since Barry Sanders and he can't figure out how to open up the offense to make a defense think a little.

:angry:

I couldn't believe the Colts actually came back and won that game. I knew it was bad when the Vikes couldn't get the ball in the endzone, but the Colts looked TERRIBLE all game long with their makeshift O-Line and over pursuing defense. Manning looks scared to death out there half the time. They have no depth at all anywhere but receiver. They need to fix that problem.

Childress will be gone after this season, I think. The Vikings arguably have the most overall talent in the division on both sides of the ball, but he can't do anything with it. Jackson isn't big time, but I can't believe he's as bad as he looks right now. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's got a great arm, he's fast as hell, and he's elusive out of the pocket. With Jackson and Peterson in the backfield and with even the mid level talent they have at the receiver position they should be winning a lot of games. Their defense is really solid, but you can't expect them to win the games. You have to score.

And I can with out a doubt state that Brad Childress is the worst football coach I have ever seen at any level.

His offense lacks any imagination at all. Zero creativity or innovation.

:angry:

I agree! :D ???

As far as Jackson is concerned he'll never be more than a backup. It's not his fault he just doesn't have the talent to be a starting QB in this league and certainly not for this team.

Chili and Jackson will both be gone at the end of the year. If Chili wants to save his job he better start inquiring about Garcia in Tampa Bay. I hear they're ready to move him. :angry:

Maybe I'm wrong, but he's got a great arm, he's fast as hell, and he's elusive out of the pocket.

Looked to me like he was throwing side arm again. Terrible throwing mechanics and starting QBs don't mix. ???

As far as Jackson is concerned he'll never be more than a backup. It's not his fault he just doesn't have the talent to be a starting QB in this league and certainly not for this team.

True! :(

Talk about a 1 man team. This team was supposed to win the division..LOL!!

No, it's a 21 man team, Vikes are just missing a starting QB, the most important player on the team. :angry: Have to blame Chili for that!

Maybe I'm wrong, but he's got a great arm, he's fast as hell, and he's elusive out of the pocket.

Looked to me like he was throwing side arm again. Terrible throwing mechanics and starting QBs don't mix. ???

I was speaking of arm strength. Jackson's mechanics are an issue, but there are QBs out there that aren't all that mechanically sound that have been successful. The much loved Brett Favre comes to mind.

He's not great by a long shot. But I think the foundation of raw talent is there for him to become a decent NFL QB with good coaching.

Looked to me like he was throwing side arm again. Terrible throwing mechanics and starting QBs don't mix.

Not entirely accurate. Bad mechanics with your feet is a big no-no but his delivery is not the problem. Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers both have less then ideal delivey mechanics.

QUOTE (crluap @ Sep 15 2008, 09:29 AM)

True!

Again, I don't see how anybody can make a definitive statement about Jackson like that given the ultra conservative nature of the coaching staff. When we are getting close to the red zone and it's 3rd and 5 and we line up in a 2 TE set with Bobby Wade split wide and Chester in the backfield what exactly do you expect Jackson to do out of that formation? I know what his reads are sitting at home on my couch. It's either a inside handoff, a screen or a bootleg pass to a TE! If I can diagnose whats comming off my TV I would think it's rather simple for the oppsoing coaches who get paid big money to do that sort of thing.

Not exactly thinking outside the box by our terrible coaches IMO.

Again, I'm not saying Jackson is a great QB, but I'm afraid we'll never get to see if he can even be a good QB because the coaches are so frigging clueless on how to create an effective game plan.

Looked to me like he was throwing side arm again. Terrible throwing mechanics and starting QBs don't mix.

Not entirely accurate. Bad mechanics with your feet is a big no-no but his delivery is not the problem. Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers both have less then ideal delivey mechanics.

QUOTE (crluap @ Sep 15 2008, 09:29 AM)

True!

Again, I don't see how anybody can make a definitive statement about Jackson like that given the ultra conservative nature of the coaching staff. When we are getting close to the red zone and it's 3rd and 5 and we line up in a 2 TE set with Bobby Wade split wide and Chester in the backfield what exactly do you expect Jackson to do out of that formation? I know what his reads are sitting at home on my couch. It's either a inside handoff, a screen or a bootleg pass to a TE! If I can diagnose whats comming off my TV I would think it's rather simple for the oppsoing coaches who get paid big money to do that sort of thing.

Not exactly thinking outside the box by our terrible coaches IMO.

Again, I'm not saying Jackson is a great QB, but I'm afraid we'll never get to see if he can even be a good QB because the coaches are so frigging clueless on how to create an effective game plan.

I guess you might say that Jackson is limited by the coaching staff and to some extent that is true.

However it's been reported locally that the Vikings are using about 40% of their play book. Either Jackson can't grasp the offense or is incapable of executing the offense.

However it's been reported locally that the Vikings are using about 40% of their play book. Either Jackson can't grasp the offense or is incapable of executing the offense.

if thats the case then it STILL is on the coaching staff. It was their decision to go with Jackson when there were a couple other guys that were available either as FA's or trades.

At some point you have to trust the QB to make plays for you. If you open up the playbook and he sucks and throws all kinds of INT's, well then at least you'll know he can't cut it. They way they are going about it now and calling 3 yrd dump offs or 7 yrd outs with an occasional 50 yrd bomb does nothing. It's easy to defend and the QB never gains any confidence or rythm in the passing game.

Heard the Chili Press Conference it's first time he's come out and said they are looking at number of different options including TJack's play.

Heard the Chili Press Conference it's first time he's come out and said they are looking at number of different options including TJack's play.

I wonder what 'options' he's talking about. Maybe he'll try only 5 pass plays in the 1st half this week instead of the 7 they are averaging now!

I wonder what 'options' he's talking about. Maybe he'll try only 5 pass plays in the 1st half this week instead of the 7 they are averaging now!

I think he meant TJack might not be the starter for this week's game. :laugh:

Maybe they'd trade him and Visanthe Shiancoe to Tampa for Garcia and a jug of gatorade.

So, which one of you Minnesota lovers wants to put up a premium fiver against my Panthers this weekend?

So, which one of you Minnesota lovers wants to put up a premium fiver against my Panthers this weekend?

I would be up for it. As a newb I'm not sure what I have in my humi would qualify as 'premium' though.

PM me if nobody else takes you up on your 'challenge'.

I would be up for it. As a newb I'm not sure what I have in my humi would qualify as 'premium' though.

Premiums usually are $8 or better cigars. If you want in, just let me know.

Premiums usually are $8 or better cigars. If you want in, just let me know.
BTW, the Panthers are 3.5 point 'dogs, you giving up the points too?