• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Are You Smoking Wednesday Night?

Think this is the night to light up the PAM I have been saving.

Will go out and watch the sunset in his honor.

The only Padron Milly I had I sent to Brian. I hope he was able to smoke it before he passed. I will smoke a WOAM tonight in remembrance of this great man.

Classic reason why I love CP. The willingness to give up something that is so rare, for the enjoyment of making other people happy. I bet alot of people here would stand by this statement, that there was no better giver than Brain himself.

(I am sure he smoked it. From what I read he is not a saver type guy, treated everyday as special day. So I bet he smoked that thing right from the box you send it in)

David

Edit: to change a comma into a Period for some comma haters out there

I am thinking that I will smoke one that he bombed me with.

I thought that for me today should be a full day to remember Brian, so I will smoke the oldies all day. I started my day with a walk on the beach enjoying an 80th to celebrate the life of a great guy.

Art

I think I will go with a WOAM in honor of Brian.

I remember that cup of coffee because he gave me shit when he asked how I liked my coffee, and I told him cream and sugar, and he gave me shit for it saying, "Only women drink their coffee with cream in it Jonathan!!"

My uncle and I were talking over Christmas dinner one year. We decided a cup of coffee was in order. Then he asked me,
"Gary, do you like coffee, or do you take something in it?"

Sort of like that huh??

:D

I have to work late, but it sounds like a WOAM is in order when I get back. I hope some of you guys are still around in chat.

I wish I'd known Brian, he sounded like a great guy.

I know I have one WOAM left, so I'm sending that smoke skyward in honor of him. RIP.

On a related note, my uncle passed away on Thanksgiving as well at age 68 after a 4 year battle with prostate cancer. They gave him 6 months and he lasted the extra 3.5 years, and saw another grandchild and great-grandchild born. He had 5 children, 18 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. He was a lifelong cigar smoker until he quit about 10 years ago. He still bought the cigars and chewed on them out of habit, but didn't smoke them. His cigar of choice was Roi-Tan. So I'll be lighting up one of those as well in his memory. I think I'll need the WOAM after that.

Turned out, An Ashton Cabinet called to me.

I didn't even notice there was ice on the ground until my wife let the dog out one last time before bed.

I thought a lot about what Cigar Pass means to me, and said a few silent words for those I have lost.

RIP #1

Tim

Like I already stated in an earlier post, I will be smoking a Montecristo Tubo from the 70's that I got in a trade from Brian. A while back, I put out an ISO a couple of Millenniums that didn't get any hits. Brian pm'ed me telling me that he could cover me on them, just send him a couple of sticks. As much as I've talked to him in the past, I already knew exactly what cigars he likes, what some of the boxes in his humi are, and so on so I got him some good stuff. When our packages arrived, we talked on the phone and he asked me did I realize how long it had been since he had actually gone into his personal humidor at home to get out cigars to send out. I told him I had no idea and he promptly told me it had been well over a year. He sent me the Milli's and a few personal fav's and the old Monte. I've always been scared to fire up those cigars, but I can't tell you how many times he's gotten on to me about saving "special" cigars. He told me everyday is a special day because you're alive. What if you save these things and you end up dying and never getting the chance to smoke them. I kinda always pushed this advice to the side ...until this past week. I still have the two Milli's Brian sent me and those will be smoked by jfields and myself in honor of Brian and the Monte I was keeping forever is going to be smoked in honor of my friend tonight.

People call bullshit on other people making friends via the internet....well, none of those people know exactly how I've been feeling for the past few days since my friend passed away.....these feelings don't just come from ordinary acquaintances and Brian was far from ordinary.

Tonight, I burn my most cherished cigar in honor of the man I was proud to have called my friend.

brian.jpg

Gonna hit a B&M tonight to see if I can get a Padron 1926 but at the least an Olivia V. RIP Infinity. Far too young. :(

Tonight, I will smoke an ESG Robusto. I have two of these vitolas, but I will specifically select the one which I received in one of Brian's incredible acts of generosity. RIP Infinity.