• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

jfields said:
The Bruery Sour In The Rye
Amazing! So much going on in this beer....... Sour Cherries, lime, crabapples, and white vinegar. There's other flavors and aromas that I can't put a finger on.
What the hell does a crabapple taste like?

ironpeddler said:
Amazing! So much going on in this beer....... Sour Cherries, lime, crabapples, and white vinegar. There's other flavors and aromas that I can't put a finger on.
Damn! What kid growing up in the 60's and 70's has never tried a crabapple out of curiosity? ???

Must have been too afraid living next door to all those toxic chemical plants as a Jersey kid.

I was in Philly for a couple days so I took the opportunity to drink my share of Yuengling.

duglynukem said:
I was in Philly for a couple days so I took the opportunity to drink my share of Yuengling.
I'm so proud of you....... All grown up!

jfields said:

Damn! What kid growing up in the 60's and 70's has never tried a crabapple out of curiosity? ???

Must have been too afraid living next door to all those toxic chemical plants as a Jersey kid.

You think I can remember back that far?  :laugh: 

...all I can remember was taking a bite of one and doing the 'Bitter Beer Face', which leads me to believe that it wasn't good.

duglynukem said:

Any Yuengling beer, in the PA area, on tap is great. It tastes so good freshly brewed. Getting a Black & Tan of their Porter and Chesterfield Ale beers is freakin' awesome.

I miss having liquid lunch when I would travel near their brewery in Pottsville, PA while on business.  :laugh:

ironpeddler said:

...all I can remember was taking a bite of one and doing the 'Bitter Beer Face', which leads me to believe that it wasn't good.

Gary,
If you get a chance to try any of The Bruery Sours, I highly suggest it. I'm not too big on most Flanders Red's because they're too sour and vinegar like. These guys have nailed it IMO. Even my wife who usually makes the face you described liked the beer I just posted about.

jfields said:

Gary,
If you get a chance to try any of The Bruery Sours, I highly suggest it. I'm not too big on most Flanders Red's because they're too sour and vinegar like. These guys have nailed it IMO. Even my wife who usually makes the face you described liked the beer I just posted about.

The only beer from Bruery in my area is the Orchard White. I'm going to head over to my craft beer store and see if they can order a few bottles for me.

jfields said:

You don't really want to know what kind of things he's tried out of curiosity.

tomthirtysix said:

You don't really want to know what kind of things he's tried out of curiosity.

Heh! I bet Tom! From the looks of him, I bet he grew up in the 60's.

You think this is bad, you should check the Meet Ups thread in the lobby :whistling:

tomthirtysix said:
You think this is bad, you should check the Meet Ups thread in the lobby :whistling:

Yeah, I better stay away from there, I'm too timid for that kind of talk.

FW Velvet Merkin
2ewcm1k.jpg

Rocked out with some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!

Another squadron-mate from the Western US wanted to conduct a blind tasting while watching the Broncos/Patriots game.... St. Bernardus Abt 12, Rochefort 12 and Westvleteren 12.  Can you believe we both ranked the Westy #1, Rochefort #2 and the St. Bernie's #3?  Quite a fun time.

Then we finished it all off with a Lagunitias Brown Sugga and some Scotch... Balvenie Doublewood and Springbank.  That was key in easing the pain over Denver's complete capitulation in the second half...