• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever beer was last night, it was a Bud Light. Cant say I enjoyed though lol

Either you don't like beer (losing the term loosely here) or you don't like crap beer. Only way to tell is for you to try some better beers.

lol, have any suggestions? I really wanted to try Coors first but the bud is all my friends liked, so thats all they got lol.

lol, have any suggestions? I really wanted to try Coors first but the bud is all my friends liked, so thats all they got lol.

There's like... 112 pages of suggestions right in this thread....

True, but how about some for a begginer?

Doug, just jump in, the water's fine.

Start trying some beers and figure out what you like. There's no handbook, you just have to get out there and start drinking.

(don't hold me responsible if you become an alcoholic)

Good luck! And don't bother with Bud Light again. Believe me, there's better beers out there waiting for you. :thumbs:

I say try some Sam Adams beers, some Dos Equis, Tecate, and Modela Negro, some Ayinger Dunkel, Celebrator. I say start malty and expand to hoppy beers.

During my college days I hated beer, I couldn't stand it...got sick and always had the worst hangovers. I was into tequila and rum. I later aquired a taste for beer and then expand from there. Some of my first beers were Maudite, La Fin, Chimay Blue.

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheers

My first ever beer was last night, it was a Bud Light. Cant say I enjoyed though lol

Either you don't like beer (losing the term loosely here) or you don't like crap beer. Only way to tell is for you to try some better beers.

YMMV, but you'll probably find most if not all the major domestics (Bud, Coors, MGD) will taste exactly the same. Try New Castle, or Sam Adams, or any heffeweizen. Explore, dammit! lol

Last night: Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale – Dark brown in color with a sparse head. Very nice hoppy/floral aroma. Hop-forward taste with a bite and bitterness but not too crushing. Slightly balanced by malt but this is a hoppy beer. I’m liking it though as a contrast to the maltier beers I usually go for. Even though this is pretty hoppy, I like this beer.

Odell's IPA and Bitter Brewer last night. I wish Bitter Brewer was available all year. It's a nice addition to the Surly line-up. Not quite as heavy, but flavorful as ever.

Headed back to the parents' place in Duluth for the weekend and stopped at Burrito Union on Friday. Fantastic place! Great burritos (surpass Chipotle believe it or not) and they have Fitger's Brewhouse beers on tap. After trying out their IPA and Hefewiesen, the wife and I took a trip to the brewery and picked up a growler of each, which were gone by last night.

Headed back to the parents' place in Duluth for the weekend and stopped at Burrito Union on Friday. Fantastic place! Great burritos (surpass Chipotle believe it or not) and they have Fitger's Brewhouse beers on tap. After trying out their IPA and Hefewiesen, the wife and I took a trip to the brewery and picked up a growler of each, which were gone by last night.

Fitgers is excellent. Their apricot wheat is pretty tasty, eh?

Adnams Broadside this evening on the back deck. Good English bitter with a lot of hop action going on. Very nice.

Fitgers is excellent. Their apricot wheat is pretty tasty, eh?

Yea it was pretty good. I was thinking "here we go again, another beer that tastes more like fruit than anything" but they did a fantastic job of making it subtle without tasting watered down. The wife loved that Hefe.

Friday night at the Rangers vs White Sox game I had a bunch of Rahr Red on draft that was excellent. Yesterday at a pool party I had a few Weihenstephaner Hefes, Buried Hatchets, and Dale's Pale Ale.

Big bottle of Chimay Rouge. Not quite as good as the Grande Reserve, but very tasty nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.