• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now:
Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 7: another beer PIF bottle (thanks Justin!) I'm assuming this is a dubbel because it reminds me of the St Bernardus Abt 12 I had recently. Per my notes: Winey fruit beginning, booze spice middle, and malty chocolate mocha finish. Excellent! Loving this one!

It's actually a weizenbock (think they called it a Dunkelweizenbock, whatever the hell that is). Glad you're liking the package so far. :thumbs:

Cigar City Brewing Guava Grove.

Was hoping to find a beer the wife would like as well, and neither of us like it.

ETA: The more I drink this, the worse it is...

Had a few rivertown hops bombers. It a local pale ale I enjoy and can pick up at the grocery which is nice. Didn't go well with the nub I smoke though.

Earlier today at Ladyface:

- Their cask ale which was their IPA infused with mangoes. Unique. Definitely had a ton of mango on the nose. Midway through the mango flavor gives way to a hop bitterness that turns salty at the end. Near the end it was kinda like I was drinking hairspray.
- Bootlegger's Anni which was a scotch ale. More my style. Malty and sweet. Didn't blow my mind but was solid all the same.
- Ladyface Tripel. This one's a favorite of my coworkers. Not bad at all but had an overly sweet finish. I wish they still had their quad on tap but it's all gone.

I had another beer but I forgot what it was. Right now working on a beer float with vanilla bean ice cream and a bottle of Requiem espresso stout. Don't roll your eyes at me, this is my first go with it (and might be my last). Not "coming together" in the flavor dept as I had imagined. But I've been wanting to try one for a while now. Oh well.

Had two buddies over last night and we cracked some goodies...

Red Hook Eisbock 28
SN Hoptimum
New Belgium Lips of Faith Biere de Mars
Alaskan Pilot Series IPA
Abyss 2010

We had more planned but we ran out of time. Abyss is the highlight. I'm glad to have 2 more bottles in wait....
thumbs-up.gif

Surly Darkness
Surly Four
Surly Coffee Bender
Rush River Double Bubble
Ommegang Abbey Ale

Damn sneeds that's a bigtime lineup...the first two are pretty big personal wants. I'm assuming that was at the Outlaw event.

Tonight I've had:

Maui Coconut Porter
Maui Big Swell IPA
Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #11

Damn sneeds that's a bigtime lineup...the first two are pretty big personal wants. I'm assuming that was at the Outlaw event.

Yes. Very fortunate that a few of the guys from Minnesota brought those along for us to drink. The Four was very good, but the Darkness was amazing.

had a bottle of Victory at Sea and Peruvian Morning, which was a real treat!

My BIL brought some Kona Brewing Koko Brown Ale from the Islands when he came to visit us last week.

I love anything with toasted coconut and the profile was really noticeable in this brew. Gave it a really nice nutty flavor. Wish I had more.

Tonight I've had:

Maui Coconut Porter
Maui Big Swell IPA

What did you think of the Maui brews? I had those while I was in Hawaii over Christmas and really liked both the IPA and Porter.

I had probably one of the best beers ever last night. ... a 2008 Weyerbacher Heresy, age has done this baby wonders, so smooth and creamy ... no presents of alcohol and barrel aging it gave it a slight sweet vanilla, bourbon, oak character ... i drank the whole 22 oz. Thanks Philly Mike this was awesome! After lit a Tatuaje 7th Reserva very enjoyable!

Tonight I've had:

Maui Coconut Porter
Maui Big Swell IPA

What did you think of the Maui brews? I had those while I was in Hawaii over Christmas and really liked both the IPA and Porter.

I love those beers. So glad they are being distributed to TX now!

Last night I had a few 34oz mugs of Boulevard Wheat at a bar with some friends...not feeling so hot today. :blush:

Last night I had a few 34oz mugs of Boulevard Wheat at a bar with some friends...not feeling so hot today. :blush:

LMAO ... i know how that is, after drinking so many 10%, 11%, 12% beers you kind of know your limit ... then you drink a low 4% or 5% beer that goes down easy and is refreshing and bam before you know it you had a 12 pack on your own. Happened to me a couple of weeks ago with Modelo Especial. :blush:

GD Chocolate Yeti: very nice. Had it on tap and kind of rushed it. Thankfully I have a bottle of it in the fridge. Like a meal in a glass.
Ladyface Picture City Porter
TAPS Barleywine: bartender gave this to me in a regular pint glass instead of the usual tulip glass. That's a lot of barleywine to consume, but consume I did.
Nogne O imp stout: having this right now. Good stuff! Dark, cocoa, faint dark fruits, chewy, strong coffee, and malty goodness.

Drank a six pack of Abita Purple Haze. Very refreshing Raspberry Wheat Beer for drinking while working in the yard.

Maharaja right now. Pretty underrated IIPA as far as I'm concerned. First sip went down just perfectly. The first thing that hits me is the malt which is very nice, and the blast of floral hops come in with the bitter hops in the background just rounding things out. I really like this one.

I have a question to the hop heads out there, how long would you keep a hoppy beer (IPA, DIPA) before you cracked it open? I've read that they should be consumed fresh, but how fresh is fresh? Would a month or two in the fridge do the beer any harm/good?

I have a question to the hop heads out there, how long would you keep a hoppy beer (IPA, DIPA) before you cracked it open? I've read that they should be consumed fresh, but how fresh is fresh? Would a month or two in the fridge do the beer any harm/good?
I am no hop head by any means but I would say 2-3 weeks makes a difference from a fresh IPA/DIPA. I personally like to put 1 to 2 months on mine just to bring out the sweetness and mellow out the hop bitterness.

I like a more balanced IPA, like Double Jack or Divine 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.