• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Night had:
Rouge's John John Ale-sweeter than I thought it would be.
Oskar Blue's TenFidy-excellent as always
Beulevard's Tank 7- nice
Rouge's- Double Mocha Porter- nice and roasty, not to too heavy on the cofee
GD- Espresso Yeti- good as well
Some others I can't recall.

Went to the North Texas Beer Festival last night and had a lot of great brews. Some of the more notable were:

Sam Adams Oak Aged Porter
Sam Adams Chocolate Cherry Bock - Really tasty!
Southern Star Smoked Porter
Live Oak Liberation IPA

Finished off the last of some Kirkland Hefeweizen that I picked up this winter. Honestly I didn't think the Kirkland beers lived up to the hype.

Justin's 14% Belgian Quad right now. Here are my notes: this beer is a very dark brown bordering on black with a minimal head and nice aroma of Belgian spices and alcohol. First thing that hits is sweetness, then apples, then fruity spices, then alcohol, then settling into a malty finish. Heat going down the throat. Finish reminds me a bit of an Irish coffee in that it has a bit of coffee as well as a lot of booze.

Perhaps a tad over halfway through and this beer is starting to get on top of me. :whistling:

Justin's 14% Belgian Quad right now. Here are my notes: this beer is a very dark brown bordering on black with a minimal head and nice aroma of Belgian spices and alcohol. First thing that hits is sweetness, then apples, then fruity spices, then alcohol, then settling into a malty finish. Heat going down the throat. Finish reminds me a bit of an Irish coffee in that it has a bit of coffee as well as a lot of booze.

Perhaps a tad over halfway through and this beer is starting to get on top of me. :whistling:

That beer is the definition of a dessert beer.

The fresher the better with IPA/IIPA, but putting them in the fridge will help save the hop flavor a little longer, and a month would probably be fine with most, but I wouldn't push it much further than that. A lot of IIPAs are good aged, they just aren't IIPAs any more.

Surly Schadenfreude
2011-05-11_17-18-28_479.jpg

Firestone Walker Abacus - Wow this beer is amazing. Tons of toffee, vanilla, and sweet brown sugar with a slight hop balance. Had my head spinning towards the end of the bottle. The only barrel aged barleywine I've had better is Mother of all Storms.
Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA - a decent IPA...I was a little surprised how hoppy it was

Arcadia Bourbon Barrel Shipwreck Porter - tasty and it packs a punch at 12% but it was actually a bit on the weak side as far as flavor goes
Nugget Nectar - love this stuff...thanks Mike!

St. Bernardus 12
3 Philosphers
Lilbastage Maibock (Known as Beard of Fury Maibock west of the Rockies)
Founders KBS (definitely want more)

Trying to figure out what to drink while I watch the Faithful leave is tough. Maybe some Hobgoblin.

Doc.

Last night opened a bottle of Infinium. Nice beer, although not worth the pricetag. Would make a nice session beer aside from the high price and 10% ABV. Had a nice fairly crisp and dry body with what I would say was kinda like a "lite" version of a dubbel or tripel.

Right now I'm having an '08 bottle of Black Flag which is about the exact opposite of Infinium. This one is syrupy, dark, with an almost chocolate syrup profile, no head, and probably the lowest carbonation of any beer I've ever had that wasn't actually flat. Intense and reminds me of Ten Fidy without its (IMO) over done roasting that always reminds me of soy sauce.

St. Bernardus 12
3 Philosphers
Lilbastage Maibock (Known as Beard of Fury Maibock west of the Rockies)
Founders KBS (definitely want more)

Nice lineup, Clint. What'd you think of the St Bernies? I'm quite fond of it.

I had a Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout last night, Abita Abbey tonight.

sipping and enjoying RR Supplication batch 5 ... pucker up! :thumbs: ;)

Barry, I really enjoyed the St. Bernardus. I think it tastes more like Port than beer but that isn't a bad thing. For a 10% beer, it really hides the alcohol taste well. A great beer in my opinion.

A smooth Weizenbock, Erdinger Pikantus with a D especial 2010.

Nice combination, I like the cigar also. Ample smoke, nice saltiness (for some odd reason I find it only on Partagas D series), with mildly spicy warm creamy coffee taste. Here in Finland it's been smoking season barely 3 weeks or so, and loving it.

The beer fits cigars really well IMHO, with it's dark toffee, cherry taste.

part2010.jpg

Weizenbocks are quite nice! How about you post an into in the intro forum and let us know more about you, LuxFerous? :thumbs:

Last night while watching Mavs make one of the craziest comebacks I've ever seen:

Bruery Imperial White Orchid - damn tasty witbier and put a hurtin on me

I love working from home ... had a 3yr old Storm King ... WTF this was a different beer then I remember. Age really did wonders!

Then for dinner had a 2010 Abyss, great aroma, and flavors were awesome. This is a great beer but the heat was a bit harsh, I say give it 2 yrs and it should mellow out some of the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.