• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two Sweetwater Happy Endings. Very tough 9% stout from a well known local micro brewery in Atlanta. Hits hard in the first sip then finishes very smooth and clean.

Great Divide Oak Aged Yet IS. The beer was very good and I could really pick up a lot of vanilla and toffee notes in it; picked it up at a decent price too ($7.49).

Nice choice, Mike! That is definitely one of the best values out there for one hell of a beer.

Yinpu "The Tiger" Black Rice Beer, Import at 2.99 a sixer even as a joke this didn't make much sense, drunk beer shopping should be made illegal

Great Divide Oak Aged Yet IS. The beer was very good and I could really pick up a lot of vanilla and toffee notes in it; picked it up at a decent price too ($7.49).

I love that beer Mike, pisses me off that I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get it though. :angry: MT distributors are the worst, a town that close has a completely different selection of beer than what we get here.

I'm having a Boulder Cold Hop, meh.

At Camp Liberty they are going to serve us two real beers for the superbowl. Who knows what they'll be though. Who cares, after not drinking this whole deployment im ready for two :)

At Camp Liberty they are going to serve us two real beers for the superbowl. Who knows what they'll be though. Who cares, after not drinking this whole deployment im ready for two :)

I heard they're doing that this year. That's really cool. Last year, we had to settle for non-alcoholic Coors in a gold can. I don't know what it is, but that lack of alcohol must really enhance a poisonous piss flavor. :0
To keep with the topic, I'm enjoying a glass of Sam Adams Chocolate Bock.

I had a few bottles of nice brews this past weekend:
  • Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer 2008
  • Stone Cali-Belgique
  • Troeg Scratch Beer 12 - 2008
  • Duck-Rabbit Porter
  • J.W. Lees Harvest Ale 2000
  • BBC Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout
  • BBC Hell For Certain
  • Koningshoeven Quadrupel

My favorites were Koningshoeven Quadrupel and Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer 2008 but the ones I fell in love with;
J.W. Lees Harvest Ale 2000 - this was like candy it was excellent and BBC Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout - this beer totally caught me off gaurd ... it had lots of flavors but was very drinkable, not too heavy or too light but just perfect. This was something I will hopefully get more of.

Nice choice, Mike! That is definitely one of the best values out there for one hell of a beer.

I think you got me hooked on Imperial Stouts with the DL Jonas ;)

Tried a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout from the latest release today that was excellent. Only downside is the fact that it is pretty pricey; I think it was around $18 for a four pack.

Tried a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout from the latest release today that was excellent. Only downside is the fact that it is pretty pricey; I think it was around $18 for a four pack.

Had a couple Goose Island Bourbon County Stout's on tap this past weekend. I agree, this is one excellent brew. I love this beer with some age on it; I think time mellows the in your face bourbon sweetness.

Voodoo Brewery Gran Met Belgian Style Strong Golden Ale (10.5%) and Voodoo's Black Majick stout bourbon at a conservative 15% alcohol content (smart money says more like 17%). The Black Majick would best be described as a sipping beer. Finished the evening with an Uncle Jackson's Blonde Ale from my home base The BrewErie microbrewery.

*edited for spelling errors due to comprimised judgement as a result of enjoying mulitple samples of the above mentioned liquid ambrosias.

St. Paulie Girl...because it was on sale!

But I find it to have a light taste with a crisp finish. Doesn't overpower my cigar!

Last night it was my lone bottle of Avery "Ale to the Chief." What else?

Had a couple Goose Island Bourbon County Stout's on tap this past weekend. I agree, this is one excellent brew. I love this beer with some age on it; I think time mellows the in your face bourbon sweetness.

I would love to try this on tap sometime. I've been a little burned out on Imperial Stouts recently, but I had a 2008 BCS last week (my first of the year) and it was fantastic.

Currently drinking a bottle (okay okay, a few bottles) of Kirin Ichiban. I remember it being a great beer that I had a little over a year ago, but currently its leaving a little bit to be desired. Not as well rounded as I remember it being. Still a good beer, just not GREAT.

About halfway through a Sinebrychoff Porter. A full bodied, full flavored great example of a baltic porter. Nice.

After 3 nights in Chicago with a co-worker I believe I polished off somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 Black and Tans - Smithwicks style.

About halfway through a Sinebrychoff Porter. A full bodied, full flavored great example of a baltic porter. Nice.

I love this with a cigar. I tend to like a real malty beer with a smoke. A couple of store had vintage years last summer, but it didn't seem like it aged that well to me.

Few days ago had the Weyerbacher XIII, which was EXCELLENT! Last night had a bottle of Troegs Scratch #15 and Hair of the Dog Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.