• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Alesmith IPA after I got home from class last night. Thanks, Cali Mike!
glad you emjoyed it Mike. out of all the west coast IPA's Alesmith IPA and Blind Pig are the ones i like the best.

Full Sail Black Gold. This one really surprised me. I've been down on Imperial Stouts lately, but this one is fantastic. Really smooth with great wood flavors from the Bourbon barrel.

After enjoying the Storm King Stout that I reviewed so much, I decided to pick up a six pack. Drank two of those this evening.

Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout. Delicious as always...and my last one. :(

Friday
Lost abbey serpents stout
RR damnation
De struise black albert

Last night
Founders KBS
Great divide EOA yeti

Currently drinking a Guinness Extra Stout. It's on my list to review but I wanted a good beer to drink with lunch.

We did a "Stout Tasting" night on Saturday at a friend's house. Everyone brought 3 or 4 bottles. We started at 3 PM and took it 'till the wee small hours of the morning. I'll post a picture when I get it, but the lineup (if I can remember correctly) was:
  • '07 Abyss
  • '08 Abyss
  • '07 Speedway Stout
  • '07 Sexual Chocolate
  • '08 Brooklyn Black Ops
  • '06 Rogue XS Stout
  • OR Big Eddy
  • OR Black Albert
  • Dark Horizon 1.ed
  • Dark Horizon 2.ed
  • B.O.R.I.S. the Crusher
  • '06 Bell's Expedition Stout
I'm sure there were others...I was pretty crushed by the end of the night, as you could well imagine.

We did a "Stout Tasting" night on Saturday at a friend's house. Everyone brought 3 or 4 bottles. We started at 3 PM and took it 'till the wee small hours of the morning. I'll post a picture when I get it, but the lineup (if I can remember correctly) was:
  • '07 Abyss
  • '08 Abyss
  • '07 Speedway Stout
  • '07 Sexual Chocolate
  • '08 Brooklyn Black Ops
  • '06 Rogue XS Stout
  • OR Big Eddy
  • OR Black Albert
  • Dark Horizon 1.ed
  • Dark Horizon 2.ed
  • B.O.R.I.S. the Crusher
  • '06 Bell's Expedition Stout
I'm sure there were others...I was pretty crushed by the end of the night, as you could well imagine.

man Mike, you got me drooling over here ... how were they? which was the best out of all of them?

man Mike, you got me drooling over here ... how were they? which was the best out of all of them?

Well, I wasn't able to taste a few of the last ones (my palate was cooked), but the consensus we all pretty much came to was:

1. '08 Abyss
  2. Brooklyn Black OPS
  3. '07 Speedway
  4. Sexual Chocolate
  5. Black Albert
  6. '07 Abyss
and so on, and so forth. Actually, I forgot to mention one more beer that we all roundly agreed just wasn't all that it was cracked up to be: Dark Lord. I know, I know...but to be perfectly honest, I've had it 3 times now from 2 different years, both aged and fresh, and I really don't think it comes anywhere near the best beers we tasted on Saturday. I won't detail my review, but suffice it to say I would rather drink any number of other beers that are much easier to come by. Just 3 guys' opinion, and we definitely tried it early enough in the evening to formulate a decent opinion, so take that for what it's worth.

Well, I wasn't able to taste a few of the last ones (my palate was cooked), but the consensus we all pretty much came to was:

1. '08 Abyss
  2. Brooklyn Black OPS
  3. '07 Speedway
  4. Sexual Chocolate
  5. Black Albert
  6. '07 Abyss
and so on, and so forth. Actually, I forgot to mention one more beer that we all roundly agreed just wasn't all that it was cracked up to be: Dark Lord. I know, I know...but to be perfectly honest, I've had it 3 times now from 2 different years, both aged and fresh, and I really don't think it comes anywhere near the best beers we tasted on Saturday. I won't detail my review, but suffice it to say I would rather drink any number of other beers that are much easier to come by. Just 3 guys' opinion, and we definitely tried it early enough in the evening to formulate a decent opinion, so take that for what it's worth.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about DL. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great beer however there are others, a few on that list included, that I think are as good or better. To be perfectly honest, the main reason I go to DLD every year isn't for the DL, although many might go for that beer alone. I go for the experience, tailgating/sharing beer at the event, Chicago bars, time with some great guys and the other FFF beer (my god how I love Alpha King and Behemouth Blonde). :love:

Southern Tier unnearthly Imperial IPA - Damn good IPA
Black Albert - De Struise Brouwers (WOW!!!!)

Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster ===> What an excellent well balanced imperial amber. I love NN but this one was out of this world. A must try to those NN lovers! :thumbs:

Picked up a sixer of DogFishHead 120 today at the Lombard Binnys and they still had more, if anyone from Illinois is interested. :) :thumbs:

Drinking a Sam Adams Imperial Stout...pretty good not much bitterness on the finish and very smooth.

Next up is a Rogue American Amber...looks like the reviews are mixed on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.