• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nw0xp5.jpg

Wow! Intense. I liked it but I don't think I could drink more than two in one night.

I think Storm King is one of the best if not the best 6 pack stouts out there. I love it, nice choice!

x2 ..... currently my "go to" beer.

rblfmx.jpg

Had this yesterday. For a Stone beer I has expecting something more intense but I found it to be milder than I assumed. The smoked barley, while apparent, wasn't as strong as the Schlenkerla smoke beer that I've had and enjoyed. But nonetheless I liked this beer and wouldn't hesitate to have it again.

John Harvards did an off-season pumpkin spice, so in addition to the three pints I had at the restaurant, a friend and I polished off a growler. Damn good. I may stop there on the way home from work tomorrow on the off chance they still have.

Was down in Indy for the weekend and stopped in at Alcatraz Brewing Company downtown. I tried their Pelican Pale as well as the Bighouse Red. I though both were good, but the red was better. Their food was also a lot better than I was expecting as well.. so if you are downtown, give it a try. I don't think they bottle anything, but will fill growlers.

I had a Miller Lite last night after my softball game that we won 19-0. I know it was only Miller but it went down in a blink of an eye. Cold beer on a hot day.

Well over the weekend I had a Moretti La Rossa Birra Doppio Malto ... pretty tastey stuff.
Also had Deschutes Red Chair which I loved and a Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer, one of my favorites!

I finally got the nerve to crack one of my 3 Angel's Share (Brandy) bottles ... I had been keeping it in a harsh high 60-low 70 environment to hopefully give it some bubbles. Well I got some bubbles maybe 4 total with a slight head (like the one you get from flat soda ... the brew was tastey but unfortunately it was missing something, maybe carbonation! I can see this beer being exceptionally good if just had the bubbles to roll on the tongue and make it a bit smoother. This is a real disappoointment.

Is there a way to give it some carbonation?

Well over the weekend I had a Moretti La Rossa Birra Doppio Malto ... pretty tastey stuff.
Also had Deschutes Red Chair which I loved and a Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer, one of my favorites!

I finally got the nerve to crack one of my 3 Angel's Share (Brandy) bottles ... I had been keeping it in a harsh high 60-low 70 environment to hopefully give it some bubbles. Well I got some bubbles maybe 4 total with a slight head (like the one you get from flat soda ... the brew was tastey but unfortunately it was missing something, maybe carbonation! I can see this beer being exceptionally good if just had the bubbles to roll on the tongue and make it a bit smoother. This is a real disappoointment.

Thanks for the update, Mike. That is definitely disappointing news, even more so is how Tomme and Co are still handling it. For 30 effin dollars it better be fantastic not flat as shhhhit.

Thanks for the update, Mike. That is definitely disappointing news, even more so is how Tomme and Co are still handling it. For 30 effin dollars it better be fantastic not flat as shhhhit.
I posted on BA and someone said Tomme was allowing you to swap the uncarbonated 750 bottles for 2 375 carbonated bottles. I may have to take a trip to find out.

Grand Teton's Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Double Vision ... WOW this was an awesome doppelbock. Grand Teton's big beer series looks hmmmm so good. If you can get this I totally recommend it. $13 for a quart

2009-Cellar-Reserve-Low%20Res.jpg

Can't wait for the Sheep Eater Scotch Ale!

Grand Teton's Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Double Vision ... WOW this was an awesome doppelbock. Grand Teton's big beer series looks hmmmm so good. If you can get this I totally recommend it. $13 for a quart

I've seen some of their big bottles, but I've always passed. I don't think I've seen the dopplebock though. I really like their Bitch Creek ESB.

I've seen some of their big bottles, but I've always passed. I don't think I've seen the dopplebock though. I really like their Bitch Creek ESB.

Bitch Creek is good stuff :thumbs:

During the Laker game I had a bottle of Consecration Batch 01X02...man I could drink this stuff everyday if I could.

Jonas/Justin you need to get a keg of this stuff for your kegorator. I would be there every weekend!

During the Laker game I had a bottle of Consecration Batch 01X02...man I could drink this stuff everyday if I could.

Jonas/Justin you need to get a keg of this stuff for your kegorator. I would be there every weekend!

Mine's only set up for homebrew kegs, but I'll see what I can do. :p

<---- drinking more Carlo Rossi :barf:

Drank a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA yesterday, and will follow it up with a Dorado DIPA today. I'll post pics and reviews when I have them collected!

Drank a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA yesterday, and will follow it up with a Dorado DIPA today. I'll post pics and reviews when I have them collected!

I've been thoroughly impressed with BP. I've had the IPA and Amber. My local has them on special for $2.99 a bomber, so I got them.

Went with a couple of friends to a local brewery (75th St. Brewery) a couple of days ago and had their IPA and wheat beer. IPA was great, wheat not so much. Too bad they don't bottle the IPA....

Tonight I had some Bells Two Hearted Ale which was impressive and Boulevard Saison w/ Brett. The Saison was freakin' great; I haven't had many of the style, but it was pretty amazing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.