• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Troeg's Java head last night. I got professors bringing me beer back from their travels. :thumbs:

Eel River Raven's Eye Imperial Stout. Nice. A little milder than I was expecting. Nowhere near as much bawls as, say, a Stone IRS, but enjoyable all the same.

Had some good beers and some not so good beers tonight...

Founders Nemesis 2009 - always awesome
Anchor Porter - good stuff
Rahr Blind Salamander - was better the first time I had it last year...not so good now
DFH Punkin - last of the 4pack and I need to get another one soon

Weyerbacher Simcoe Double IPA. This is an interesting beer. You can definitely get a feel for the difference in hops here. It reminded me of some Belgian and German beers, and did not seem similar to most American IPAs. I don't think I would buy it again, as the Simcoe hops aren't really my favorite, but I could definitely see it appealing more to others. I can't wait to try more of this brewery's beers.

Had a couple Expedition Stouts last night and today. I could run my car for 3000mi on this delicious stuff. Anyone know the formula to figure out viscosity index for beer?

Currently enjoying a Xingu. A Brazilian Black Beer that looks just like Guinness in my glass.

Had a bunch of diff. selections from Flying Dog brewery. Lets see- I had the Amber Lager, Doggy Style Classic Pale Ale,Snake Dog IPA,and Hefeweizen. Goood stuff.

Great day yesterday! Went hiking with the girl and dog at Bong State. Picked up some ribs and brews on the way back, Breckinridge Vanilla Porter and New Glarus Spotted Cow. Both pretty good with the dinner I had, looking forward to the Goose Island Vanilla beer in October.

Today will be a lazy day, so I am looking forward to some nice brews while playing Madden, doing laundry and cooking steak dinner! Labor weekend rocks!

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - spicy but tasty ale.

I usually don't go for spiced ales but this one was very good.

Southern Tier Mokah....an 11% Expresso. Outstanding....John

Had an ST Creme Brulee with and El Trifundador Lancero last weekend. The sweetness of the Creme Brulee is great with a cigar. Also picked up a couple bottles of the Pumking. It's a must for the fall.

I've had the Jah va and it didn't seem to have the expresso effect in it as much as the Mokah. The Mokah was like an expresso without sugar. Although the Jah va was great one. Will look for the Pumking. John

This weekend was a great one for beer.

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout (Not bad, but really couldn't taste much pumpkin)
Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout(Love this stuff!)
Fuller's London Porter on tap (Good beer. Need to try more though, this was my first)
Olde Richmond #4 Brown Ale (Love these! More like a cross between a brown ale and a stout...dark and full bodied. You must try!)
Rochefort 8 (Good, but not as good as the 10)
Irish Red Ale Homebrew (Excellent! My first attempt at homebrew from last Jan. Must have gotten lucky.)

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout (Not bad, but really couldn't taste much pumpkin)

If you have any left, try this: Angry Pumpkin - some other pumpkin beer and the pumpkin stout, layered like a Black and Tan. That's what I did with the Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin, and it made the Weyerbacher much more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.