• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great weekend for beer. Friday I went to Total Wine and grabbed a DIY sixer of Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre x2, World Wide Stout x2, and Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout x2.

The first World Wide I had was a life changing experience to say the least. This batch however seemed to be a little bitter. The alcohol was much more evident this go around. The Raison was great as always. The Brooklyn was tasty, but a shot to the mouth with alcohol.

Then, Saturday a buddy and me went to Bier Garden in Portsmouth, VA. They have over 300 beers available so who would we be if we didn't try at least a dozen... I can't remember exactly the brands that we had but we had a bunch...

WWS can be a bit rough fresh, but with some age on it is fantastic. I've been just drinking homebrew for the most part lately, but had a New Glarus R&D Gueuze the other night that was amazing.

Over the last few days:

Terrapin Gamma Ray (Thanks Mike)
Velvet Merkin
Black Albert Batch 0

Black Albert was awesome.

Had a great weekend for beer. Friday I went to Total Wine and grabbed a DIY sixer of Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre x2, World Wide Stout x2, and Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout x2.

The first World Wide I had was a life changing experience to say the least. This batch however seemed to be a little bitter. The alcohol was much more evident this go around. The Raison was great as always. The Brooklyn was tasty, but a shot to the mouth with alcohol.

Then, Saturday a buddy and me went to Bier Garden in Portsmouth, VA. They have over 300 beers available so who would we be if we didn't try at least a dozen... I can't remember exactly the brands that we had but we had a bunch...

WWS can be a bit rough fresh, but with some age on it is fantastic. I've been just drinking homebrew for the most part lately, but had a New Glarus R&D Gueuze the other night that was amazing.

Yea.. That's what I figured. I had my first WWS about a month ago and I swear it was the smoothest and greatest beer I had ever had. This last one I had however was sharp and left a battered feeling on my tounge after swallowing. I'm going to buy a couple and let them sit for a month or two. I think they're definitley worth the investment...

Victory Dark Intrigue - Storm King aged in bourbon barrels...is goooood.

Yea.. That's what I figured. I had my first WWS about a month ago and I swear it was the smoothest and greatest beer I had ever had. This last one I had however was sharp and left a battered feeling on my tounge after swallowing. I'm going to buy a couple and let them sit for a month or two. I think they're definitley worth the investment...

Not sure a few months will do much, but a few years is magical.

Stone Vertical Epic 10 (thanks Justin). Very wine like with some floral notes from the chamomile. Interesting, but I wouldn't go out of my way to seek out more. My wife, who is more of a wine lover, really liked it. I can't see this aging well. I shared an 07 with some guys recently, and it had really gone downhill.

I am a big fan of Sam Adams. Lately I have been drinking the Revolutionary Rye. It is a new one by them. I can only find it in a sampler pack. But I think its worth it. Also I have been drinking Alaskan Amber by Alsakan Brewing Company. It is one of my favorites.

Well...after getting up early, spending the day at the park watching my daughter play 3 games ... getting 2nd I the All Star Tournament, got home washed the cars, popped open a Firestone Double Jack and lit a Illusione 68 ... perfect ending to the day!

Down the hatch is the first bottle of SN Hoptimum. Yes, it was quite delicious, thanks for asking! Searched far and wide to get two bottles.

Bottle line IMO, is its pretty close in flavor profile and drinkability to DFH 90 min, but a little more balanced in the finish.

Stone Cali-Belgique. Interesting. IPA brewed with Belgian yeast and it definitely has that Belgian profile of cloves and coriander with a bit of funkiness too. Definetly tames the resin hoppiness of a normal Stone IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.