• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottles here at binnys.com.Pretty good selection of micro brews.

Decided to try the Tank 7 based on some people's thoughts here. I really enjoyed it. Clean and crisp and ended a good Father's Day dinner very well. Had St. Bernardus 12 with supper. I think that has become my favorite beer now.

A pint of Stone Old Guardian (excellent) and a taster of Bruery Cuir (phenomenal) yesterday. Depending on the price, gonna have to buy a couple bottles of Cuir.

Mikkeler Coffee IPA. Had to give it a whirl just to see what the heck a coffee IPA would taste like. Reminds me of a pale ale. Hops at the beginning and at the finish but muted in the middle, perhaps by the coffee savoriness? Not a bad beer at all, but for the price I wouldn't purchase this again.

Grabbed growlers of 2XIPA and Mocha from Southern Tier. We made Black & Tans with them. Not as good as when we did it with 2X and Choklat earlier this year, but still not bad.

Goose Island Sofie
New Belgium Trippel
Lindemans Faro Lambic
Some kind of Cherry Lambic

Lambics clearly are not for me.

Goose Island Sofie
New Belgium Trippel
Lindemans Faro Lambic

Maybe not, but depending on what the cherry one was, you might not have had a very fitting example of what a lambic is. The Lindemans Faro is WAY different than a classic lambic.

Goose Island Sofie
New Belgium Trippel
Lindemans Faro Lambic

Maybe not, but depending on what the cherry one was, you might not have had a very fitting example of what a lambic is. The Lindemans Faro is WAY different than a classic lambic.

Both of them were way to sweet for me. The Faro tasted like hard apple cider, and the cherry one tasted like those sour cherry candies. Not what I look for in a beer.

Goose Island Sofie
New Belgium Trippel
Lindemans Faro Lambic

Both of them were way to sweet for me. The Faro tasted like hard apple cider, and the cherry one tasted like those sour cherry candies. Not what I look for in a beer.

"Too sweet" (you forgot an o on that by the way ;)) is not a descriptor for a real lambic, but Lindeman's pasteurizes and back-sweetens all of their beers. Faros are actually supposed to be really sweet, so that one at least is to style. Try a Cantillon, Girardin, 3 Fonteinen, etc. before you give up on them because they are completely different beers.

After a long last week, great weekend, and telling ex-wife to fuck off ... I had to celebrate!

Black Butte XXI and a 4yr old Padron 6000 ... PURE BLISS! One of the best porters I have ever had to date. This was the creamiest and thickest beer I've had. 2 years did wonders, I wish I had more then a bottle left. I hope BBXXIII is as good since they changed recipe.

After a long last week, great weekend, and telling ex-wife to fuck off ... I had to celebrate!

Black Butte XXI and a 4yr old Padron 6000 ... PURE BLISS! One of the best porters I have ever had to date. This was the creamiest and thickest beer I've had. 2 years did wonders, I wish I had more then a bottle left. I hope BBXXIII is as good since they changed recipe.

They still have bottles for sale around here. ???

I'd be happy to pick up a bottle or 4 for the next box headed your way. Let me know.

I'd be happy to pick up a bottle or 4 for the next box headed your way. Let me know.
Cool can you add that to our next round?

Cool can you add that to our next round?

:thumbs:

While on vacation in San Diego:

Lucifer
Kwak
Stone IPA
Ballast Point Yellowtail
Ballast Point Big Eye IPA

Alesmith Yulesmith Holiday Ale. Nice IIPA. Funny how the beer has two sides. The first half is a nice buttery sweet mild ale and the midway through the hops blast in and ride out until the finish.

Had a pint of Dugana and while it was good I prefer Maharaja. Also shared a half pint of Bruery Cuir with some friends. All of them loved it. I'm very glad I picked up a couple bottles of it. If I don't buy any more bottles for a bit, I might buy one or two more Cuir's.

Status
Not open for further replies.